When to book hotel rooms?

ChristyS

Earning My Ears
We are planning a WDW vacation next March with our two boys. I have been doing a lot of research about planning our trip. Just wondering when is a good time to start booking airfare, hotel rooms etc. We want to stay at a WDW hotel. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Christy:Pinkbounc

As soon as possible. The first thing you're going to need to do is to find out what dates you want to go. Then call and reserve a room. The problem with reserving a room this early is that the rates for the rooms won't be available 'til the fall. I wouldn't call for airfare till after you have the room paid off...this has always been my rule. I would say call for airfare around Sept-Oct. Have fun in planning.

steven

Hi
I would book rooms ASAP with one of the travel agents that will "convert" your ressie to cheaper rates when "codes" come out. I am using yourmagicaljourneys. They will change your ressie when codes come out and you won't have to hassle with CRO or WDWTC. There are also several others out there. It doesn't cost you anymore but they take excellent care of your ressie as that's how they make their living.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am going to WDW in Dec 03 and began planning in Sept 02. I agree that you should reserve as soon as possible--you can always cancel or change codes, etc. The only thing I ran into was that most places won't accept reservations more than one year ahead. Their systems just don't handle it.

I'd book when I knew my dates. Make sure you read the cancellation policy carefully ... each hotel has a different one. That way, if you see a better deal you can always switch hotels.

Thanks for the information. I am going try and get our reservations this weekend. Everyone is very excited. This is our first trip. I went in 1989 when I was 17 and my husband has never been there, so I know this trip will be awesome!

Thanks everyone....This is a great board!!! Tons of valuable information!!

CHRISTY:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter