When will '09 dates be released?

We managed to snag two connecting category 9 cabins for the August 15 Eastern Caribbean cruise stopping in Tortola (2102 and 2104). I called in just after 8:00am after I could not pull anything new off the website. I knew something was up when the hold was about 15 minutes. It was worth it, though. I know that many of you wanted longer cruises or more far-away locations, but this is just what we wanted - 7-night cruises with a little something new. This will be our first time on the Magic after two 4-nighters on the Wonder. And the prices do not seem all that bad, either.

I was sooo close to booking that cruise. Really wanted to go to Tortola but the 22nd is better for us.

I was on hold for about 10 minutes when I called around 8:45 am.

We got the date we wanted on the Feb 14, 2009 7-Night Easter w/ St. Maarten. :banana: I would have loved one of the other options but the date was important.

I couldn't get out of work until 11:00 so while I'm talking with my customer about important safety matters I'm thinking, "Are the dates up yet? Where will they be going?" My heart just wasn't in my work this morning!:rolleyes:

Was able to get connecting Cat 10!

I too got the dates I wanted .. Booked 10/10/09 for our Canadian Thanksgiving! :thumbsup2 Do you think they will serve Turkey for us Canucks? I actually got cabing 7620, one of the Secret Verandah cabins. I can't wait. I've never been on a normal cruise, only the Med cruise, and the EB Repo. I think I did things backwards!!
:goodvibes

FINALLY!!!!! I just booked are spring break and sent emails to the friends who want to join us! Now we can watch the DCL special on the Travel Channel on Sunday and know we are going to be there in 15 monhts!!!!!
Yeah!!!!!
DJ

Congrats to all who booked.

Thank you to everyone on here keeping me informed on the date release, I just booked (online) 2 rooms for Sept. 19-26, 2009 and got 2 of the Secret Porthole rooms!!!! :banana: I'm so excited now!!!! :woohoo:
Now, my friend is on the cruise as we speak and I have to let her know so hopefully she can transfer the booking and get me and her both the $200 onboard credit! :scared:

Interesting. I just ran a comparison with the December '08 cruise that we booked onboard last August, and the price for the same cruise in '09 is $200 less (all else being equal).

I have to wonder though how full the ship is going to be. I know that a lot of people who signed up for the 08 cruise were just holding spots for 09 cruises, so I am sure the ship is going to start opening up soon.

I guess I will have to keep an eye on prices to see if I can finagle a little rebate out of this.

Agree!

Dreams have secured me a room.

Man, I've got to tell ya, we really struggled with booking the Aug 15th cruise to Tortola. If DCL had kept St. Maarten and dropped St. Thomas then we would have definitely gone with this cruise.

Oh, well. It just seems our luck that we always do the western cruises.

Moved our May 2008 to August 15, 2009 Eastern - Tortola first thing this AM. I agree - prices are high! Went from a Cat 4 to two, connecting Cat 10s (secret porthole cabins!).

Now we just have ~620 days to countdown!

Man, I've got to tell ya, we really struggled with booking the Aug 15th cruise to Tortola. If DCL had kept St. Maarten and dropped St. Thomas then we would have definitely gone with this cruise.

Oh, well. It just seems our luck that we always do the western cruises.

You are both on the same one as me, I have started a cruise meets thread, please pop by!

Thank you to everyone on here keeping me informed on the date release, I just booked (online) 2 rooms for Sept. 19-26, 2009 and got 2 of the Secret Porthole rooms!!!! :banana: I'm so excited now!!!! :woohoo:
Now, my friend is on the cruise as we speak and I have to let her know so hopefully she can transfer the booking and get me and her both the $200 onboard credit! :scared:

Congrats and yes thank you to all on this thread, we got the port, the carribean, the release date all correct, for a long time!!!!!

Tammy at dreams was on the ball for me today! I was in a meeting all morning and couldn't be on the phone so I am so glad I transfered my onboard booked ressie to them. They have switched my two connecting cat 10's on deck 1 for NYE 2008 to two connecting cat 10's on deck 7 for Spring Break 2009. This works better for me (starting grad school in the fall and will need a break). I am so excited! It was also quite a bit cheaper ($1500 or so) not going over the holiday! Yeah me!! Thanks Tammy!!!!
:banana: :banana: :dance3:

A Big Thank you to Tracy @ Dreams and to all on this Board. Hubby and I loved our 3 day this past Nov and wanted Summer 09 Eastern- I booked on board for Oct 08-This board kept me up to date and Tracy was fabulous getting just what I wanted and even booking two dates till I could confir with Hubby who was in a meeting for 2 hrs while I was trying to determine ST. Martin or Tortela- I tell ya where are his priorities:lmao: :rotfl:

Tammy at dreams was on the ball for me today! I was in a meeting all morning and couldn't be on the phone so I am so glad I transfered my onboard booked ressie to them. They have switched my two connecting cat 10's on deck 1 for NYE 2008 to two connecting cat 10's on deck 7 for Spring Break 2009. This works better for me (starting grad school in the fall and will need a break). I am so excited! It was also quite a bit cheaper ($1500 or so) not going over the holiday! Yeah me!! Thanks Tammy!!!!
:banana: :banana: :dance3:

Well done, as you have made a name drop I will add...

Kelsie at Dreams is also on the ball and made my booking, getting me same room as my 08 repo, and First dinner and good price.

Thanks.

A Big Thank you to Tracy @ Dreams and to all on this Board. Hubby and I loved our 3 day this past Nov and wanted Summer 09 Eastern- I booked on board for Oct 08-This board kept me up to date and Tracy was fabulous getting just what I wanted and even booking two dates till I could confir with Hubby who was in a meeting for 2 hrs while I was trying to determine ST. Martin or Tortela- I tell ya where are his priorities:lmao: :rotfl:

The DREAMS girls did well! Congrats on booking.

This thread was right on the money about where DCL was heading in '09. Although I'm not as excited about the Caribbean as I would have been about Alaska, I thought I might as well book it. I think DH will really like it. What can I say he is a beach bum :)!! So I contacted Tracy@Dreams this morning and she got us booked up for November 7-14th.

Congrats to all that booked:thumbsup2

I'm glad to see that they are going back to the Caribbean because I did not want to go unless they were offering a 10 day Christmas cruise again.

Glad it was not somewhere else because than I would have had to book. We did the 10 day Christmas last year and will be going to Mexico this summer (2008)

Gives me time to save up for 2010. Its so hard to skip a year we go every year and I am already having withdrawals about not going in 2009 :lmao: . Maybe we will go to Hawaii instead:thumbsup2

Have a great Cruise everyone !!!!!! I'm excited for you all!!!!

This thread was right on the money about where DCL was heading in '09. Although I'm not as excited about the Caribbean as I would have been about Alaska, I thought I might as well book it. I think DH will really like it. What can I say he is a beach bum :)!! So I contacted Tracy@Dreams this morning and she got us booked up for November 7-14th.
Congrats enjoy it.
[QUOTE="Got Disney";22040139]Congrats to all that booked:thumbsup2

I'm glad to see that they are going back to the Caribbean because I did not want to go unless they were offering a 10 day Christmas cruise again.

Glad it was not somewhere else because than I would have had to book. We did the 10 day Christmas last year and will be going to Mexico this summer (2008)
I do think DCL should have been bolder, with two new ships coming and having the Med and next years Repos they should have pushed out and done something new, rather than contract back to the Caribbean.

10/11 night Caribbean cruises would have been better, Alaska bold and Northern Europe bold,

I have booked but I think a lot of people will go elsewhere now.
Gives me time to save up for 2010. Its so hard to skip a year we go every year and I am already having withdrawals about not going in 2009 :lmao: . Maybe we will go to Hawaii instead:thumbsup2

Have a great Cruise everyone !!!!!! I'm excited for you all!!!![/QUOTE]

Thank you to Andrew UK & to all who kept this thread going. I had a very busy day teaching & couldn't get to a phone until after school.

Can you believe that I acually got a SPH on the June 20th Tortola cruise even though I called this late in the day??? :cool1: :banana:

I feel so blessed, but a little concerned about the higher price. It makes you wonder how high the prices will go up for the new ships. :eek:

Thank you DIS Boards!

45,635 Views to this thread!!!!!

We said Tortola

We said Carribean

We said first week in December.

So whats the betting on 2010, The Med??

I was expecting a much higher price jump then what I actually encountered for . Had we gone with cat 9 rooms again it would have only been about $150 per room more then the 10/08 sailng we had booked onboard. I am chalking that up to a May vs Oct sailing and higher fuel cost. We ended up going with connecting SPH rooms and saved a little

I was expecting a much higher price jump then what I actually encountered for . Had we gone with cat 9 rooms again it would have only been about $150 per room more then the 10/08 sailng we had booked onboard. I am chalking that up to a May vs Oct sailing and higher fuel cost. We ended up going with connecting SPH rooms and saved a little

Congrats, prices are a bit up. Glad you got a deal.

Thank you to Andrew UK & to all who kept this thread going. I had a very busy day teaching & couldn't get to a phone until after school.

Can you believe that I acually got a SPH on the June 20th Tortola cruise even though I called this late in the day??? :cool1: :banana:

I feel so blessed, but a little concerned about the higher price. It makes you wonder how high the prices will go up for the new ships. :eek:

Thank you DIS Boards!

Thank you, glad you got your cruise, have a good one, only a year and a half to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter