when will direct vgf return?

Cfabar1

DIS Veteran
does anyone have any idea when direct vgf will return and what the price per point will be?

we really need 75 more points and would prefer them to be direct!

It seems like it must return since they've ROFRd VGF contracts. I'm surprised it hasn't yet and check every once in a while.

I'd guess a jump to 250-275.

Yeah, didn't they oversell it and had a few ROFR to balance it out with the last blowout sale?

They can’t legally oversell it. The law requires them to keep at least 2% ownership.

But, they get to determine what sold out means and can keep more than the required 2% if they want.

They can’t legally oversell it. The law requires them to keep at least 2% ownership.

But, they get to determine what sold out means and can keep more than the required 2% if they want.
True. Clarifying -- comfortable at where DVD wants to be holding. With those ROFR, it showed they wanted to have a higher level than they landed at with the closeout sales.

That said, even VGC comes back on sales every so often for direct sales (ask how I know ;)), so VGF will come back on occasion -- need to have your guide be aware that you're in the market for specifically VGF.

I don’t have a crystal ball & can’t predict when VGF will be available as a direct purchase. I do know that while I dithered about deciding whether I wanted to pay VGF direct prices when it first went on sale in 2013ish, it sold out & then it became impossible to buy it direct & challenging to find my use year on the resale market. I tried to get on a wait list for direct (twice) - but they weren’t even offering that when I inquired. I did read of others who managed to get put on the wait list & buy it direct. Maybe it will be easier this go around since there are more points w/ the addition of the VGF2 points 🤷‍♀️ .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter