When will Disney open

I hate to go with what I think will actually happen, but I lean more toward what serenitygr said. I feel like much later.

Depends on what Gov. DeSantis (Florida) and Mayor Demings (Orange County) have to say. When they open our borders (Interstates 95 and 10) and let people from the Northeast and the West (Louisiana) either drive or fly into Florida again without a 14 day quarantine THEN DW will open - not before then. Unfortunately, this is going to be a big political boondoggle and DW is right in the middle of it. Too premature to make a prediction. But, as the next couple of weeks pass and we determine if "stay at home" orders have "flattened the curve" it may tell the whole story. It's going to be a LOOOOONNNGGGG summer - plan DW for next year. Summer 2020 will by default become known as "Staycation 2020"

If I ever go looking for my heart’s desire again, I won’t look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn’t there….then I never really lost it to begin with.
–Dorothy Gale, The Wizard of Oz

Hmm. I think once NY is not at "overwhelm" capacity and we hit the "peak" that everyone is talking about and cases really decline and/OR immunity tests are developed, we will have to get back to a form of normal (the below chart seems to show us leveling out by July.

I think by June 15- Disney will be open with limited capacity to keep distancing and increased sanitation...

The 50th is going to be a CELEBRATION though!!! We might just go twice next year.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

So I thought it would be fun to guess the day that Disney opens let’s see who guesses right
I say June 1

1) My security guard friend was told 3-months ago to not report prior to June 1st.
2) There has been no more info than this.

That’s not good I have a reservations at the fort for the 4 th I booked a back up today not looking good

I’m guessing 6/1 but very limited. I’m thinking only on-site guests. I was just kidding with my DS earlier today but in all reality, after testing gets better, we may have to wear an identifier (like a magic band) that shows we are immune to COVID-19 and only people that have immunity will be allowed in. Honestly, it scares me, but it could happen.

I see some of you predict DW and the Fort will remain closed until 2021. If you truly believe that, feel free to cancel your Christmas 2020 campsite reservations now, especially if it's for a Premium Meadows site from Dec 15th to Jan 4th! Why wait, do it now (and please post your cancelation here on the forum).

Well the application for workers from Norway and Germany posted, for Epcot. Those positions listed a start date of August until November. Take from it what you will.

Is security going to relax their rules...

Certainly won't eat too many Mickey bars this way.

I read they will be checking tempatures prior to park entry.
Read this also but doesn’t seem feasible. Visitors not used to Florida’s summer heat/humidity and women of a certain age having hot flashes could register false readings. It’s very easy to get overheated in the Florida sun and this would stop you from entering the theme parks? Good luck with using body temperature as a limiting factor to admittance. Good thought but don’t see that happening. There will be a lot of visitor mutiny going on at the gate when someone that has a good ole t-shirt soaked Florida sweat going on denied entrance to the parks because their body can’t handle the heat-LOL!

I wonder if the lucky family gets 2319 whether room number, count making it into the park, something special. Then again in this day and age it might trigger people thinking they are getting harassed. However it could drive business in some aspects. I would think a 2319 would be awesome after this experience plus it should be a front of the line for the laugh floor.

Ok enough clues? Watch Monsters Inc again. I am sure a few of us have the time to do it at this time. :D

Read this also but doesn’t seem feasible. Visitors not used to Florida’s summer heat/humidity and women of a certain age having hot flashes could register false readings. It’s very easy to get overheated in the Florida sun and this would stop you from entering the theme parks? Good luck with using body temperature as a limiting factor to admittance. Good thought but don’t see that happening. There will be a lot of visitor mutiny going on at the gate when someone that has a good ole t-shirt soaked Florida sweat going on denied entrance to the parks because their body can’t handle the heat-LOL!

The body is able to regulate heat enough to prevent a higher reading such as 100.4, which is considered a fever. Only in extreme cases would that be exceeded, someone would indeed be sick for that temp whether infected or very dehydrated. Simply being in Florida "heat" wont do it.

The real issue is reliance on the thermometer. Sorry, but thermometers reading on forehead are not always accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter