• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Will the US Reach 100,000 COVID deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think Coronavirus is a hoax, I just don’t think the spread of it should be stopped within reason. I look at the deaths from the Holocaust as extremely tragic, but I don’t look at the deaths from the Spanish Flu or the Black Plague in the same way. Viruses exist in nature for a reason.
What reason would that be out of curiosity?

:rolleyes1This exchange right here is a great example of why it's impossible to have an objective, informed discussion on some of these issues. Assertions carry the day, the facts don't really matter and there's so much conflicting and questionable information coming at us all non-stop, it's no wonder people have just given up on trying to discern the actual truth and have just dug into their opinion-bunkers.
It's a great example of arguing about some kind of competition (who did worse?) but it has nothing to do with the bungling and deviousness that has shown up in the US. The fake graph put out by Georgia is but a recent example, but it gets deeper and far more serious than that.

I hope that's the case in another week. But we are past the "average" time for symptoms to show up.
I'm just reporting what the health officials have said :flower3: : "director of the Department of Health and Senior Services, said contact tracing has been done and to his knowledge there have been no more positive cases.."

And yes I covered "hopefully it stays that way" in my comment :) The only reason I posted is people have expressed wanting to know the outcomes when these things have cropped up.

Last edited:
I'm just reporting what the health officials have said :flower3: : "director of the Department of Health and Senior Services, said contact tracing has been done and to his knowledge there have been no more positive cases.."

And yes I covered "hopefully it stays that way" in my comment :) The only reason I posted is people have expressed wanting to know the outcomes when these things have cropped up.
I wasn't doubting. I'm just saying *I* hope that's the case in another week (so it would be 2 1/2 weeks since the party).

I hope that's the case in another week. But we are past the "average" time for symptoms to show up.

At least no symptomatic cases yet from people who responded to the contact tracers. (I hear from connections that, unsurprisingly, contact tracers don’t get 100% participation).

At least no symptomatic cases yet from people who responded to the contact tracers. (I hear from connections that, unsurprisingly, contact tracers don’t get 100% participation).
If you have no faith in contact tracers being able to get everyone (which of course they won't always in every single situation they do their job others may not answer) surely you feel this way in every single case ever out there where contact tracers are involved? Hopefully you leave room for that sort of thinking every time you hear of a positive case or presumptive positive where other people may have been exposed by that I mean that 100% participation wasn't garnered so surely there must be people floating around out there infecting people from X situation they just failed to respond.

Jeez they get contract tracers out, which is one thing places have said you need to be at the point where you can do it and they were at the point that they could do it and it still wasn't enough for people SMH. You yourself talked about the need for contact tracing.

If you have no faith in contact tracers being able to get everyone (which of course they won't always in every single situation they do their job others may not answer) surely you feel this way in every single case ever out there where contact tracers are involved? Hopefully you leave room for that sort of thinking every time you hear of a positive case or presumptive positive where other people may have been exposed by that I mean that 100% participation wasn't garnered so surely there must be people floating around out there infecting people from X situation they just failed to respond.

Jeez they get contract tracers out, which is one thing places have said you need to be at the point where you can do it and they were at the point that they could do it and it still wasn't enough for people SMH. You yourself talked about the need for contact tracing.

Haha. What?
Reread. What did I say to make you think I don’t believe in contact tracing. Regardless of how much participation there is, contact tracing is essential obviously.

Haha. What?
Reread. What did I say to make you think I don’t believe in contact tracing. Regardless of how much participation there is, contact tracing is essential obviously.
Oh I believe you believe in contact tracing for sure. It's when you're presented with a situation where contact tracing was utilized you went immediately to "well that we know of...you know I've heard not 100% of people contribute". I have zero issues if you have that viewpoint every single time (and yes every single time) contact tracing is utilized because at least you're being consistent thus the questions I asked. But if you're not always thinking that every single time and you want contact tracing to be utilized, which you've mentioned that numerous times, then IMO don't add in the "but.." when it was actually used.

Nothing is going to be perfect 100% of the time but IMO we either trust that they did the best they can, catching all they could and made officials statements to the best of their knowledge (which they did preface it by "to my knowledge") and hope that it stays that way, or we just simply throw up our hands and to use an often spoken quote by a few on the DIS "we're just doomed" even when something considered very important to the containment is being utilized because maybe who knows it's possible not everyone may have participated.

Oh I believe you believe in contact tracing for sure. It's when you're presented with a situation where contact tracing was utilized you went immediately to "well that we know of...you know I've heard not 100% of people contribute". I have zero issues if you have that viewpoint every single time (and yes every single time) contact tracing is utilized because at least you're being consistent thus the questions I asked. But if you're not always thinking that every single time and you want contact tracing to be utilized, which you've mentioned that numerous times, then IMO don't add in the "but.." when it was actually used.

Nothing is going to be perfect 100% of the time but IMO we either trust that they did the best they can, catching all they could and made officials statements to the best of their knowledge (which they did preface it by "to my knowledge") and hope that it stays that way, or we just simply throw up our hands and to use an often spoken quote by a few on the DIS "we're just doomed" even when something considered very important to the containment is being utilized because maybe who knows it's possible not everyone may have participated.

I wrote “but..”?
I’ll make sure to get your consent before commenting next time.

I wrote “but..”?
I’ll make sure to get your consent before commenting next time.
I would imagine you knew exactly what I meant as in a metaphorical "but" (well I was trying to give you that credit--guess I was wrong) however it would appear you like the play the word games. Have at it without me ::yes::

With 100,000 behind us I wonder if it's slowing or just become less aggressive. If it's less aggressive people won't look for tests and so in places like here in PA, where you need symptoms for a test, there would be no way to know. If this is the case and it's still moving at a quick but silent pace, herd immunity might be reached quickly, which would be utterly fantastic.

So weird that in some its so staggeringly bad with weird symptoms that seem to have no rhyme or reason while in others it is silent. Curious if it needs a co-infection like Hepatitis B to get D does and then gloves are off, without B Hep D is a non event. There are so many other things that float during winter like Flu A, Flu B, Strep, ear infections - maybe even subclinical STDs or sinus infections, the list is endless. Time will tell but I think the varying symptoms are trying to tell a story of some kind it's just no-one seems to know the language.

I just hope it is still moving at a fast pace but is doing so silently, for all our sakes. I'm trying to be hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter