When you book port adventures online, does it tell you the time they start/end?

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, but it will be the first one that we will book PAs through Disney. I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to do two shore excursions in Tortola and/or St. Thomas, so I was wondering if it shows you the time of leaving and arriving back when you book. Thanks for any advice/help!

You will be able to pick the start time for your excursion, there will be a list of times to choose from. Ending times aren't shown, you'd have to estimate based on how long the excursion lasts.

Also, if there are any delays, you may miss a second. Most excursions are large groups, and prone to confusion and delays.

There are some things you can do in one day, like the skyride+a half day in St.Thomas. But a delay in docking could have your AM start late, group Dynamics, etc.

Once you've booked one excursion, it will show you that you have something booked and a block of time when you are trying to book something else. I think you can still book the something else (which is how people hold two things if they can't decide).

It gives you a list of times, but it will be only times that are still available. So the sooner you book the more options for times you will have. The later you book the more likely you will have to pick a very early time..

Just to add info...if you want an excursion that is booked up just keep checking...people cancel and you may be able to grab the one you want later.

Great info! So in regards to the concerns mentioned earlier (e.g. excursion 1 takes longer than expected and thus we miss excursion 2) would Disney refund the $$ for Excursion 2? It's always been my impression that this would be one of the reasons to book with Disney for excursions (and not book a 3rd party) due to the chances of something happening.

If an excursion is cancelled by Disney, then yes you will get a refund. We had this happen on our last cruise. I'm not sure about the situation you are describing though. I can see them not giving a refund for the second excursion if it still occurs, could say it was a risk you took when you signed up for it. But then again, if it's their fault that they didn't get you back in time, seems like they should give a refund. Maybe someone has had it happen and will reply.

The start times don't seem to be standardized either. For example a 9:00 one may have you meet in one of the clubs at 8:30. You wait there and ten at 9:00, you all disembark and then go to the meeting point in town somewhere, and don't actually start until 9:30ish etc.

Most excursion delays are hard to call the fault of either Disney or the third-party operator.

Herding cats.

I don't think that DCL will let you book a second excursion if its start time it too close to the end time of the first excursion. I can't find the email I got from DCL when I asked that question. It told me what that time was. I think that there need to be an hour or 1.5 hour gap but that was a couple years ago, and I don't remember the details, and policies may have changed.

Great info! So in regards to the concerns mentioned earlier (e.g. excursion 1 takes longer than expected and thus we miss excursion 2) would Disney refund the $$ for Excursion 2?

I doubt it. They don't let you book too close together but it's always possible that there are delays from the first that will overlap. And they've no real way of knowing that the missing of the second is due to a problem with the first. You can always try to get a refund but you'd have to ask and probably push them, they'd have to confirm that the delay was due to something beyond your control, that it was the result of you missing the second, etc. It's always possible, I guess, but it certainly wouldn't be automatic. They will automatically refund excursions if they get into port late, or not at all, or those that are cancelled due to weather or other reasons. That's one of the reasons we book through DCL (there are other reasons too but that's one of them). Excursions booked on your own you need to check their cancellation policies and how to contact them and how to get a refund. Too much work.

Update to this post - yes, I was able to book 2 excursions in Tortola, and it did prohibit me from booking certain time slots because it said "I already had another excursion booked." So we have one from 7:45-10:15 am and another from 1:00-5:00 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter