When you wish upon a star...a very HAPPENING PTR SEP 13

Wendy I have a trip like that mapped out, Long Island, Newport, Boston - cruise from Boston to quebec, onto niagara and Washington!
Tthat's looking like a 2019 trip for me!

Yes. So many road trips. So little time. I haven't done lots of detailed research on those yet, I have little pockets explored and definite places to stopmthat i hve red about, or heard about. These trips will be a few years away. At least 2017 with other plans and commitment and I need to do a trip to the states dec or jan 2019. 2020 is our kids have finished school distillery tour of Scotland and Ireland.

Focus Focus. April 2014 first. :lmao:

What ship will you sail on? I might have missed where you said it. We've been on the Wonder and our next one is on the Fantasy.

Well I also want to drive both the southern and northern US routes from coast to coast, go back to Slovenia and see Slovakia and Croatia and Prague and ..and..and....

And each year we're getting closer to the pointy end of life-Oh to be 30 again...

areweindisneyyet said:
I have always want to do a road trip through New England so will go back and use Ny as a base to start and then do Boston, Maine, Niagara, Amish Country then. Another trip will drive from New Orleans to Washington through the south. I also want to drive Anchorage to Anaheim.

battymum said:
Wendy I have a trip like that mapped out, Long Island, Newport, Boston - cruise from Boston to quebec, onto niagara and Washington!
Tthat's looking like a 2019 trip for me!

I can highly recommend the White Mountains area of New Hampshire for a Fall Foliage destination, I've never seen anything quite like it. So very beautiful! We were there on Columbus Day weekend though, which was great for foliage but absolutely packed with people, lots of leaf peepers :)

Battymum, we did the drive up Long Island from NYC and took the ferry from the tip across to Connecticutt. That was a lot of fun and a scenic trip too.

I really want to go back to see Maine and Vermont though, didn't get there. As marvel said, so many road trips... :rotfl:

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Aussie Wendy said:
Well I also want to drive both the southern and northern US routes from coast to coast, go back to Slovenia and see Slovakia and Croatia and Prague and ..and..and....

And each year we're getting closer to the pointy end of life-Oh to be 30 again...

I know. I like to travel so that I do somewhere in depth and then we go sample a few new places that we think would be a starting point for our next trip. Gives you a taste good or bad. Even if we travel every two years ..... I've at least for the next 20 years covered.

There has been a lovely Qantas sale and the fares for September were just too good to refuse.

So I just bought them, selected our seats and sent off emails to change our accomm dates at WDW and our cruise departure.

San Francisco is now off the list.

Arrive Orlando
IOA for first night
8th IOA - Check in to POFQ
9-18 WDW
Night 18 Near Cape Canaveral
19 Morning at NASA and then to cruise

22 Finish Cruise Fly to Washington
23 Washington
24 Fly to New York

27 Fly Home

29 Arrive Home

I AM INSANE BUT SO EXCITED

Congratulations. That looks like a great itinerary.....and well done for jumping on the Qantas sale bandwagon! :thumbsup2

Looks good!! And you can't beat a fare sale! Looking forward to more planning! :surfweb:

There has been a lovely Qantas sale and the fares for September were just too good to refuse.

So I just bought them, selected our seats and sent off emails to change our accomm dates at WDW and our cruise departure.

San Francisco is now off the list.

Arrive Orlando
IOA for first night
8th IOA - Check in to POFQ
9-18 WDW
Night 18 Near Cape Canaveral
19 Morning at NASA and then to cruise

22 Finish Cruise Fly to Washington
23 Washington
24 Fly to New York

27 Fly Home

29 Arrive Home

I AM INSANE BUT SO EXCITED
Congratulations on booking it! :banana:

And that sounds so much like the trip we want to do (but in 2015/2016 - Disney World, NY and Washington, and probably not Las Vegas anymore because we have recently started talking about about a Disney cruise, so I started looking into that). Are you doing the 3 night Bahamas cruise? On the Dream?

Can I ask, as a Disney World novice, what do IOA and POFQ mean?

Congratulations on booking it! :banana:

And that sounds so much like the trip we want to do (but in 2015/2016 - Disney World, NY and Washington, and probably not Las Vegas anymore because we have recently started talking about about a Disney cruise, so I started looking into that). Are you doing the 3 night Bahamas cruise? On the Dream?

Can I ask, as a Disney World novice, what do IOA and POFQ mean?

IOA is Islands of Adventure at Univeral Studios. We want to check out Harry Potter.

POFQ is Port Orlean French Quarter one of the moderate resorts.

Yes we are doing the 3 nights Bahamas Cruise on the Dream. I get seasick in the bathtub but DH wants to try one. Good compromise I think.

IOA is Islands of Adventure at Univeral Studios. We want to check out Harry Potter.

POFQ is Port Orlean French Quarter one of the moderate resorts.

Yes we are doing the 3 nights Bahamas Cruise on the Dream. I get seasick in the bathtub but DH wants to try one. Good compromise I think.

Ah, ok. So are you hiring a car to get around or using shuttle buses/taxis? I know that Disney World offers a free shuttle, but I think that's only from the airport?

And aren't there rooms on the cruise that are better for seasickness than others (ie interior stateroom)? I have never been on a cruise (unless you count the Spirit of Tasmania!) so don't know yet how I will cope, but figure that a 3 nighter is a good starting point.

As you can see I am most intrigued by your trip, so will be reading every bit of it! (Shame we want to go over Christmas period- I think it will be way more expensive than a September trip! But we are forced to take time off during that period anyway, so figure we may as well use it rather than use up anymore of my annual leave, and DH is a subbie so that period is a very quiet time for him.)

Ah, ok. So are you hiring a car to get around or using shuttle buses/taxis? I know that Disney World offers a free shuttle, but I think that's only from the airport?

And aren't there rooms on the cruise that are better for seasickness than others (ie interior stateroom)? I have never been on a cruise (unless you count the Spirit of Tasmania!) so don't know yet how I will cope, but figure that a 3 nighter is a good starting point.

As you can see I am most intrigued by your trip, so will be reading every bit of it! (Shame we want to go over Christmas period- I think it will be way more expensive than a September trip! But we are forced to take time off during that period anyway, so figure we may as well use it rather than use up anymore of my annual leave, and DH is a subbie so that period is a very quiet time for him.)

I still have to work out the Universal Transfers. We will stay there onsite the first night we are in Orlando and transfer to Disney at the end of our day there. We will use the bus system at WDW as we are staying on site.

At the moment only thinking of hiring a car when we head to Cape Canaveral. so that we can visit the Kennedy Space Centre the morning before the cruise. We are booked in a family deluxe stateroom with balcony. I will just pop pills or lie in bed and moan. We have similar issues with finding the perfect time to get away, except DH cant take leave in Dec/Jan. This is perfect for the kids on school holidays. I refuse to go in June/Jul when they also have a month off. Easter works with minimal annual leave, school missed and me for work BUT DH refuses to do Disney in busy time again. We were at DL for Christmas Week including Christmas Day and Boxing Day in 2011.

I am self employed so I am the spanner in the works. My mum is coming to look after the business for me bless her and my best friend is going to learn a bit of the computer stuff as back up. I have put it out to the universe. It will be fine. After trying to put this trip together for quite a while it is actually happening. :cool1:

I still have to work out the Universal Transfers. We will stay there onsite the first night we are in Orlando and transfer to Disney at the end of our day there. We will use the bus system at WDW as we are staying on site.

At the moment only thinking of hiring a car when we head to Cape Canaveral. so that we can visit the Kennedy Space Centre the morning before the cruise. We are booked in a family deluxe stateroom with balcony. I will just pop pills or lie in bed and moan.

We have similar issues with finding the perfect time to get away, except DH cant take leave in Dec/Jan. This is perfect for the kids on school holidays. I refuse to go in June/Jul when they also have a month off. Easter works with minimal annual leave, school missed and me for work BUT DH refuses to do Disney in busy time again. We were at DL for Christmas Week including Christmas Day and Boxing Day in 2011.

I am self employed so I am the spanner in the works. My mum is coming to look after the business for me bless her and my best friend is going to learn a bit of the computer stuff as back up. I have put it out to the universe. It will be fine. After trying to put this trip together for quite a while it is actually happening. :cool1:

Try the Kwells tablets for seasickness, it might work.

Easter might be another good time for us to consider too. My birthday is sometimes around then (late April). Though the other reason for going in Dec/Jan is because our wedding anniversary is on NYE (and it'll be our 10th in 2015 - an achievement for us as we have each been divorced previously). Plus I'd love for DS to experience the magic of Disney combined with Christmas! Did you think it was a lot dearer going at that time in 2011? Maybe not much worse than any school holiday period? (Wishful thinking...)

That is great that you can get people to help with your business - you must have a wonderful family/friends!

Kristin5 said:

The best rooms for seasickness are the rooms in the middle of the ship on the lower floors. Due to the laws of physics they experience the least rocking.
Also, it helps to be able to see the horizon and get fresh air if you're feeling sick, so a verandah room is great.

From what I've heard, if you don't get sick on the Spirit of Tassie, you should be right for a cruise :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter