Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

So sorry again about your son's injury wishing him and you all a speedy recovery once he has the surgery! Wonderful coach that really helps to make you all feel a little better!

It was so hot when we were there, I hear you sister!!

Glad you all were able to get in the club level and rooms with MB's now

Thanks for the GMR review, that was a really special ride for Andi and me, it will be missed!

Chris's face is priceless on RrC, so funny! It looks like he is thinking Holy S***! Ha ha!

The coach sat down both teams (JV and Varsity) and gave a speech, talking about how this can happen to anyone, you never know when you'll play your last game, etc. He said once you become part of the RCK basketball family you're ALWAYS a part of the family, and they all need to help Ricky through this and support him while he rehabs after surgery as it won't be easy.
Sounds like his coach is AMAZING!!!! So glad to hear that they are being supportive.

rough this and support him while he rehabs after surgery as it won't be easy. I'm tearing up again writing this! His fear and first thought when the Dr. said torn ACL was that his HS basketball career was over and his coach made him feel so much more confident that he doesn't need to worry about that now, which of course made me feel better. Not nearly 100% better, but better!
He sounds determined, hopefully this won't be the end for him.

He did come back with a banana every morning so figuring our discount, if you price each banana at say, $300, he ate his $$'s worth in CL foods :thumbsup2
I hope that the were really good bananas! Ha! $300 banana...

Verdict: neither was impressed and both wished it were bigger.
Neither were my girls. They liked it but def wanted it to be bigger, winder, something...

We waited more than 20 minutes for our food to be brought to us which was a tad annoying.
WHAT! That is silly! It's QUICK service!

Not as funny as the picture from his first TOT ride, but funny enough! We promised him a $50 PS4 game when we got home, but it was worth it to finally ride this as a family.
I am glad we aren't the only ones to bribe there kids to go on a ride. Not glad to hear that it get more $$$ the older they get!

a Shofferhofer right outside the Brown Derby :drinking1
Spoiler Alert: I didn't drink a single Shofferhofer our whole trip!?! But oh so good!

We got stuck in OZ for about 10 minutes and I totally didn't mind this time.
OZ is probably one of the best rooms to be stuck in!

Hey all, first I want to thank everyone for your caring thoughts and comments regarding Ricky :love: Last week was rough, not gonna lie, I had a hard time keeping an optimistic outlook for him. Much better this week and as I touched on briefly, his basketball coach has helped SO much so far by reassuring him he has a place on Varsity next year and also telling him he'll be part of the team this year, even though he can't play.
So last Wed. we went to the surgeon at 3 and got the diagnosis, which sent Ricky into a.......well, downward spiral and tears. His bball coach was waiting for Ricky to text with the outcome so Ricky did that almost immediately once he calmed down some, and coach asked him to come to the workout later that night. He hadn't been going to the workouts since he had football practice every day, and the school doesn't allow kids to double up on practices. So he went. The coach sat down both teams (JV and Varsity) and gave a speech, talking about how this can happen to anyone, you never know when you'll play your last game, etc. He said once you become part of the RCK basketball family you're ALWAYS a part of the family, and they all need to help Ricky through this and support him while he rehabs after surgery as it won't be easy. I'm tearing up again writing this! His fear and first thought when the Dr. said torn ACL was that his HS basketball career was over and his coach made him feel so much more confident that he doesn't need to worry about that now, which of course made me feel better. Not nearly 100% better, but better!
Since he can't actually practice right now (but still goes to football games and practices since he's part of the team), he's started going to the basketball workouts every day. So he's still spending lots of time with the bball team while keeping up his strength/stamina, which is important to do prior to the surgery. We see another surgeon whom I'm pretty sure we'll ending up going with next Monday 10/2, and then hopefully we'll get a surgery date because while at first Ricky wanted to try playing this season with a hinged brace and waiting until March for the surgery, now he wants to get it over quick and start recovery :) Thanks again for hanging around and waiting for me!
Good coach. Good for Ricky. Surgery sooner is definitely better...even with a brace, he could do a lot more damage to it and build up scar tissue which would make the surgery potentially less effective.

He wasn't impressed but 1. He isn't a big breakfast eater and 2. He wasn't looking at it right :snooty: I told him way before we arrived that it wasn't a big hot breakfast by any means and that it would be good as far as grabbing something when we were running to a park, and even on sleep-in mornings if we had a bigger early lunch planned. Also he and Ricky don't eat much for the first few hours they're awake so something like a bagel or a couple small muffins would suffice. He did come back with a banana every morning so figuring our discount, if you price each banana at say, $300, he ate his $$'s worth in CL foods :thumbsup2
I got dressed quick and took a walk through the lounge:
So, you're saying the bananas are about 10% higher priced than other food in Disney? :rotfl2:

Oh, we had a wonderful surprise in the morning-our MB's were working :laughing: Steve was able to get in the lounge AND our room, imagine that! So I'm glad I didn't expend too much energy being angry over it because luckily, unlike our yucky 2015 BW experience, this one resolved itself to our liking fairly quickly and we still got the $100 credit.
Finally

I don't have a specific time down but I believe we were out to the pool by like, 9:30? This time Ricky went in:

View attachment 272787

They contemplated trying the slide:

View attachment 272788

And then both decided to give it a try!

View attachment 272789 View attachment 272791

Yeah, the one thing about WL that I wish were different. Compared to other resort slides, this one is lame.

Ooh, just rereading that sentence. Is it wrong that I feel dirty writing it in relation to my kids? Yes, my mind went there because hey, that's who I am! If you don't get it you're a better person than I am :rolleyes1
Must be a girl thing. Not sure any guy would go there when referencing other guys.

Back from the gutter now
Yeah, I was waiting for you to get back.

I left the pool slightly before the guys so I could shower; they came behind me
I would have expected a gutter moment more there

1. I liked the old menu better
2. We waited more than 20 minutes for our food to be brought to us which was a tad annoying. While we were waiting the boys came down and ordered theirs; theirs came before ours. Steve and I waited the exact same amount of time for our breakfast that morning, not impressed.
That stinks. I'm surprised you were only a "tad" annoyed. That's not at all acceptable.

We waited about 20 minutes for a bus and other than started to wilt it wasn't bad. I had on one of the awesome shirts my friend Whitney @Whit64130 made for me:
Wilting in FL in Aug? Nah, I'm not buying it.
Cool shirt and cool friend for doing that. I remember when you first got them and thought what a wonderful person @Whit64130 must be.

:rotfl:Not as funny as the picture from his first TOT ride, but funny enough! We promised him a $50 PS4 game when we got home, but it was worth it to finally ride this as a family. We didn't have a FP but strangely enough, the SB line was only 30 minutes when we got there and ended up only being 20. His thoughts? Not as bad as he thought it'd be but, no plans to ride it ever again :laughing: However now the only roller coasters we still have to get him on are EE and Space!
Oh, and while we were waiting in the SB line we saw these:
Funny picture. You and Steve - Woo hoo! Ricky - Meh. Chris - Oh crap, why did I agree to this?
Now, I want to see the ToT picture. Is that in one of your other TRs?

Sorry guys, hit post way too early:o so we'll continue below!
Premature e-post-ulation. You know there's treatment programs for that? :lmao:

Last edited:
The coach sat down both teams (JV and Varsity) and gave a speech, talking about how this can happen to anyone, you never know when you'll play your last game, etc. He said once you become part of the RCK basketball family you're ALWAYS a part of the family, and they all need to help Ricky through this and support him while he rehabs after surgery as it won't be easy.

What a great coach! Still praying for Ricky's recovery :-)

Oh, we had a wonderful surprise in the morning-our MB's were working :laughing: Steve was able to get in the lounge AND our room, imagine that! So I'm glad I didn't expend too much energy being angry over it because luckily, unlike our yucky 2015 BW experience, this one resolved itself to our liking fairly quickly and we still got the $100 credit.

Yay! So happy it worked out!

They contemplated trying the slide:

And then both decided to give it a try!

Looks fun, but it does look a little small.

My favorite shot of the pool area which you've seen if you're friends with me on FB, with Steve in the front and Chris all the way over on the side:

Great shot! Looks beautiful :love:

I started to feel the need to DO something after a few hours so I know a complete non-park day would be hard for me, but for future summer trips chilling will definitely be on the schedule.

I get like that too. I think that's part of why I like WDW as a vacation destination so much…I can only sit around so much.

We waited about 20 minutes for a bus and other than started to wilt it wasn't bad. I had on one of the awesome shirts my friend Whitney @Whit64130 made for me:

Awesome shirt and pic!

Not as funny as the picture from his first TOT ride, but funny enough! We promised him a $50 PS4 game when we got home, but it was worth it to finally ride this as a family.

:rotfl:

Chris was not impressed as you can imagine! We told him they won't put your name up in lights until you've ridden at least once:P

What's that?? I've never seen it!

After dinner it was time to ride the Great Movie Ride for our 2nd to last time :sad:

:sad: So happy for you that you at least got to get in a couple more rides.

First off, I'm so happy to hear about Ricky's basketball coach and his reassurance and support. Anxious to hear about how Monday's appointment goes, and I'll be crossing my fingers for it!

He did come back with a banana every morning so figuring our discount, if you price each banana at say, $300, he ate his $$'s worth in CL foods :thumbsup2
:rotfl: Ahh, Ariane, your word choice never disappoints.

My favorites, the carb area!
Mine, too!!! ::yes::

(@Tracy161 see how much hotter it got this day lol)
:laughing:

Oh, we had a wonderful surprise in the morning-our MB's were working :laughing:
Well, my goodness, and by day 3 no less! ;)

If you don't get it you're a better person than I am :rolleyes1
Nope, not a better person than you :rotfl2:

I was excited because I had a couple new-to-us things planned for our night :chewy:
Woohoo!

I love how dominating and foreboding the music is and how you can hear/feel it from almost anywhere in the park.
Yes, me too!!!

Next up was our 4:00 dinner at Mama Melrose.
I had the Fantasmic dining package here but ended up cancelling a few weeks before my trip on account of spending too many nights at DHS when I wanted to see other nighttime shows elsewhere. Kinda regretting this, but always next time I suppose.

After dinner it was time to ride the Great Movie Ride for our 2nd to last time :sad:
I honestly can still hardly look at pictures. My stomach just totally turns. I think I get more sad about it with time. :sad1: I rode GMR at least 5 times each trip, and it just doesn't feel the same visiting DHS without it. :sad:

I've talked here before about falling in love with HS (MGM) years ago because of the "old Hollywood" theme and while the "new" park will bring in lots of guests and I'm sure be spectacular in many ways, I will forever mourn "The Hollywood that never was and always will be"
I am with you 110%. I really, truly miss the "old Hollywood" of MGM. I was so enamored with the glitz and glamour and will always be heartbroken over things going away like seeing the Golden Girls' house on the Backlot Tour. I'm all about Star Wars and keeping things new and exciting, but I am NOT for them taking away so many of the things I loved most about this park. :sad2:

Excited to hear more about your DHS evening! :thumbsup2

Oh no so sorry about Ricky's ACL super bummer. But after doing xrays for 30+ yrs. I can tell ya modern medical technology has advanced so much his recup time should be much easier.

our 4:00 dinner at Mama Melrose
I hope Ricky tries the Mussels I had them hear in 2010 and loved them.

I'm soooo behind!

They don't have soda which is what I like to drink, so naturally I had to go with the only other option on their menu that looked good to me, the Mo'ara Margarita:
I loved the Mo'ara Margarita!!

FYI for those of you in the south: our schools don't have A/C :scared:
What?!?!?!

Spoiler alert, that solar relief gel comes in handy later in the week and it's not for sunburn!
I wish we had this 2 weeks ago. I had to buy the aloe from the gift shop but it's no cool gel.

Again she apologized and gave us $100 off our bill as well as pulling another key out of somewhere...........................I thanked her and moved on.
Glad you spoke up! I mean regardless what you paid it is still the reputation of club level.

This brought out Chris's attitude so he decided he didn't want to sit with us on the boat:
Bahahahaha

Yes, none of us had ever had this before! Ricky got cherry and Chris got watermelon, but neither got the sweet milk on top. They both loved this and asked my why I never had them get this before........I don't know, you guys are so deprived that you only go to Disney ever year, excuse me for showing you tons of things each trip and forgetting shaved ice? I did smile smugly after they showed enthusiasm for the new treat I was able to point out to them
I finally tried this place and I'm slightly obsessed!

The best part of the meal by far for Chris was a return of the end-of-meal hot towel:
Too funny!!

We watched Coney Island Chris again for a bit and then were able to see the other entertainer from the beginning:
Ohhh he looks fun. Nick and I are going to have to check out the Boardwalk at night!

I was still pretty full from dinner but I HAD to try this as I didn't know how many nights we'd be back to the lounge before it closed at 10 plus 1. I love cobbler and 2. Kari told me how delicious it is. We know how lame her food reviews usually are :rolleyes1 but she was right about this, it was delicious and I do not regret filling myself to the point of illness to eat it.
I've heard about heir cobblers! Looks yummy!!

Looks good! :goodvibes

This is too funny!!!:rotfl2:

Oh, and while we were waiting in the SB line we saw these
Super jealous! I've never seen myself!

One cool thing is watching them make the pizzas while you're waiting for your table:
Cool! I really liked their pizza when I had it there a few years back!

I've been reading along and never commented. However, I wanted to send my thoughts to your son! I can't imagine what the kid is going through.

We promised him a $50 PS4 game when we got home, but it was worth it to finally ride this as a family.

Glad I'm not the only one who bribes their kids for everything lol :)) Kidding!

So sorry again about the injury. That stinks but it's so good how the coach is being. A lot of them I'm sure would be all "you're SOL" So that's good at least.

I'm glad his coach made him feel better about things. I wish him a speedy recovery again!

or mini-golf in the 200 degree heat

:rotfl: Obviously the option anyone would pick.

Ooh, just rereading that sentence. Is it wrong that I feel dirty writing it in relation to my kids? Yes, my mind went there because hey, that's who I am! If you don't get it you're a better person than I am :rolleyes1

Well when reading what you said I was thinking that's what she said :laughing:

Steve had been trying to bribe Chris into riding RnRC for the first time-

:lmao: His face is wonderful in this.

We promised him a $50 PS4 game when we got home, but it was worth it to finally ride this as a family.

Ahhh so that's how you convinced him :scratchin

I'm a crier guys but I managed to only shed a few during the pre-show movies but I also knew we'd be riding again on our next HS day

If I had known our last time riding was our last time I'd probably have cried too!

I've talked here before about falling in love with HS (MGM) years ago because of the "old Hollywood" theme and while the "new" park will bring in lots of guests and I'm sure be spectacular in many ways, I will forever mourn "The Hollywood that never was and always will be"

I love the old Hollywood theming too it's one of my favorite things about HS. Very sad to see it go even if some things need to be updated, I don't think the original theming should go away. Plus what am I going to ride now? :rotfl: GMR and TSMM were the only rides I went on in the park.

Sidenote: I'd been trying to find the limited release GMR shirts they were selling and they were only in one place in ALL the parks, and only had size xxxl in stock. Supposedly more would be available on the Shop Parks App in 2 days and I was determined to get the AP one!

I never ended up ordering one! I didn't really like the AP one (I liked the color of the regular one better), but I decided not to get it because with the shipping and everything added in it was almost $50. :eek:

Even at Stormalong Bay, where I thought they would love the slide there, they maybe did at once and mostly complained that the whirlpool I had promised them wasning working. Oh and the slide at Grand Floridian also didn't impress.
I guess as cool as many of the pool slides look they just don't live up to the hype lol. I'm with you on Stormalong Bay. We've stayed at BC/YC twice and neither of my kids even tried that slide :rolleyes: I thought for sure Chris would. I think it's too far away as lazy as that sounds. You're having fun in the pool, even the lazy river which is in the same area. But that slide, you have to walk all that way out of the pool area. Too much work!

O sorry to read about Ricky's injury but so GLAD that the coach is being so great about it. Hope he gets surgery scheduled soon and is well on his way to healing and playing again. I'm sure it's tough for him.
Thank you :hug: I know it could be much worse. And yes I've always liked his coach but I'm super loving him now. Not all coaches are like that so we feel lucky!

His coach is amazing! I teared up reading that.
That's pretty much how we feel! I cried when he texted Ricky to come to the school that night, cried when I picked Ricky up and he told me what coach said, cried as I emailed coach the next morning telling him just how much what he'd done meant to us all, and cried again when he emailed me back singing Ricky's praises :goodvibes

I'm sad to see this attraction go. My kids are young but really enjoy this one. I'm sure the replacement will be great but it's not the same.
I'm assuming the replacement will be the same.........it has to be, it's sorely needed in HS especially for folks (like me :rolleyes1) who aren't anxiously awaiting SW Land. But I wish the new attraction was in addition to GMR. So much they could have done to update it while still not losing the Old Hollywood feel :(

I think I must have missed the post of Ricky tearing his ACL. I'm so sorry and I know how disappointed he must be. What a great basketball coach he has! I hope his surgery goes well and he rehabs and is stronger than ever.
:thanks: He's feeling really good now and it's great that he's staying active socially and also getting to work out his upper body and good leg while working his injured leg in P/T. We see the surgeon Monday, I'm very anxious for the next step.

The pool looks very inviting and not crowded at all. It's nice to have a lazy morning thrown in to break up the week.
It wasn't crowded at all! However that was morning, and the few times we looked mid-afternoon it was much more crowded.

But his coach sounds so awesome and that's the great thing about team sports (of which I never did any, lol), I've always admired how everyone was part of the "family" no matter what. Great news!
Hi, total non-sports person here :wave2: Not only didn't I ever participate in any school sports, I never even went to any games or activities related to school sports. I was doing........................other things :D Some teams get bad reputations, I know some coaches aren't great and some athletes are jerks, but this coach is really proving himself the total opposite. Also the majority of the JV kids and a good number of the Varsity kids are kids Ricky has been playing with for years, both in school, in travel leagues and intramural leagues, so they all have a kind of bond that keeps them close even when they aren't physically. It's pretty cool to see.

Oh my Steve does not know what sleep in is either and he's always trying to get me to wake up even when on vacation.
OMG, sometimes on our adults on trips I really want lazy mornings, a relaxing sit down breakfast, then a slow mosey to a park. But Steve is up by like, 6-6:30 every day, and as soon as I wake up for a second and realize he's up I feel guilty continuing to sleep :headache:

Those must have been some nice bananas. :)
;)

Hahahaha, I must admit I was thinking along the lines you were! #ourmindsareinthegutter
The best place to be IMO :thumbsup2

I feel the same way! That's why we rarely have the pool breaks but we definitely needed them in August!
August is a totally different animal touring-wise. However other months you will not find me chillin' mid-day unless someone is throwing up or bleeding! I'm too type A, gotta keep going :car:

That's so cool! Is this only for the SB line or for FP too?
I'm trying to think but I don't believe you pass these when you're doing the FP line? Nice memory I have, I've only ridden it like 5 million times.................but no I'm pretty sure you don't pass these if you have a FP, so just SB. Which we rarely do unless we hit it at RD, we usually have a FP

Curious to see what you think of this...
I'm hoping to get this review up over the weekend :thumbsup2

I didn't realize how far behind I was...I was feeling all proud to be keeping up, but I was only caught up on the dining one. Problem solved now, though!
Please, I've quoted and started replying to your last two updates like 3x now, but I keep getting interrupted and don't get back to it for days. I'll get there though,I promise!

I was so excited to see they've rolled out to the Poly now...except I need it from Pop TO Poly. Oh well, I will find a reason to take one!!
Well you can take one FROM the Poly back to Pop, but I'm thinking that won't work :o I'm confident you'll find a way!

That's a great coach! I'm so glad Ricky's being supported at school as well as at home :hug:
It's truly making all the difference in his attitude and self-confidence right now :goodvibes

Same! This week though, I'm cutting out carbs entirely. I've gained almost 10 pounds since school started b/c I am going nonstop and so stressed out. I've done two days of no carbs and they're all i can think about, lol!!
WOW, I tried that once and I failed 100%. Good for you though, I wish you much success :thumbsup2 I stay pretty steady but um, with age comes...things not staying where they should :hyper: just kind of moving around, lower, wider.....you get my drift lol

these are so fun!! I haven't seen any of the ones from RnR before, i love it!!
We've gotten these before and Ricky and I always seem to get personalized signs on EE, but we have yet to get personalized good-byes on IASW or HM and I really want those!

Cruz Ramirez!! She's a girl, and she's AWESOME!!
Oops! Complete fail on my part! Thank you for setting me straight!

When we stayed club level they alternated between having a cheese and meat platter one morning and smoked salmon the other morning. We found the breakfast adequate but we supplimented it with a trip to Trail's End for our favorite breakfast buffet. :)
They did have trays of cheese and meat out in the mornings too, I just don't have a picture and forgot to mention it :) I don't remember salmon though!

The Jaguar slide is a lot higher than this one
I thought so :)

I've heard lots of reports about how skimpy the menu is now. I'm sad to hear it, since we loved Roaring Forks before the change.
The menu is definitely much smaller. The offerings sound good and lots of them even look good, but with one exception nothing really stood out to us or lived up to our expectations.

That is a cute picture of you. You look like a teenager!
Ha ha thank you!

I'm not sure what's better: Chris's absolute terror, Steve loving every second of it or Ricky totally unamused
:laughing: Ricky looks like that in EVERY ride picture! I make fun of him all the time, I tell him to try to make some other type of face! Chris is too much lol

While I'm really excited for a ride devoted entirely to Mickey and Minnie I wish they could bring more of that back.
I'm with you sista :sad1:

Sorry to hear about Ricky's torn ACL. Hopefully the surgery goes well and his rehab is a complete success. Glad his coach is embracing him and keeping him involved with the team! Great coach!
He is! Also from a great family, my mom graduated high school with his mom, I went to school with some cousins of his, Christopher went to pre-school with his nephew. We're both from big Italian families that are originally from this area so it's hard to go anywhere without bumping in to someone related to me or him!

The face in your photo is priceless! I personally love that ride!
It's one of my favorites, which is why I've wanted us to be able to ride it as a family for so long! I have to try and find the one of Chris when he rode TOT for the first time and post it here again :rotfl:

Shut the front door!!! I didn't know you could get it anywhere other than Epcot Germany! It's my favorite. We seem to have many things in common--two sons, love for disney, love for Shofferhofer!!:laughing::rotfl2:
Three good reasons to try out best to meet up in November! And yup, Schofferhofer in HS :banana: AND at Cape May dinner AND Trail's End dinner, and that's just the two I know of!

That coach sounds like a true leader and a great role model! Glad Ricky is taking it as well as he is.
Thank you, I'm very happy he's handling it well for now. I do think though that the hardest time is going to be once basketball season starts and everyone's actually playing- and he's not. Varsity starts their pre-season games on Monday and coach wants Ricky to go to all of them and be with the team, Ricky's happy about that but I'm afraid he'll start to feel down. In the end though it'll all work out, I'm sure :)

Bahahaha! That's Disney math for sure.
I suck at real-life math but I can do Disney math pretty damn well!

Mine too! Thank goodness I don't see pecan sticky buns in that photo or I'd be finding a justification for $300 sticky buns...
Um, see above - Disney math??? If you find CL sticky buns somewhere you can put any price on them and make'em worth it :laughing:

I think this is man's perpetual wish...
:rotfl2: ::yes::

Ummm does she have a shop? I am a lurker and love all her shirts!
No, Whitney @Whit64130 does NOT have a shop. However someone we know keeps telling her she should open one.........

Obviously she is a very famous star. How dare you mistake the gender of a CAR!!
I hang my head in shame :guilty: Should I change the status under my username by my avatar to "DIS LOSER" instead of "DIS VETERAN"?

Hi Ariane! Ricky's coach seems amazing! So nice of him to be so reassuring. I'm just sorry he has to go through surgery. It's hard on the parents no matter how old their kids are. Please keep us updated on how everything goes. I'll be praying for all of you
I'm sure that worry never goes away, we still worry about Steve's oldest and he's almost 30. It's scary! Thank you for your concern and I'll definitely keep you updated :hug:

On a positive note, I can't wait to meet you in November.:D
Same here :dancer:

I also think it’s good that he wants to move forward with the surgery. Then he can begin his therapy and comeback stronger.
Now that it's sunk in and he's had time to think about it, we're all anxious to get it done and start the rehabbing. I'm hoping the surgeon we see Monday doesn't want to wait too long. The best thing to do is have a decent amount of P/T before the surgery and he's only had a week, but we'd like him to have the surgery by Nov. the latest. Fingers crossed!

I love your ride photo from RnRC and 50 bucks we’ll spent :rotfl:
Ricky wanted us to pay him to ride HM because he doesn't like it. We were like, ah, how about we just don't tell your friends what you just suggested :scratchin

Glad I'm not the only one who bribes their kids for everything lol :)) Kidding!
The levels we stoop to when on vacation! It's just more fun to ride things as a family so the more we can, the better :) My goal for next trip is EE!

So sorry again about the injury. That stinks but it's so good how the coach is being. A lot of them I'm sure would be all "you're SOL" So that's good at least.
That's what I keep saying, he could've just been like, "oh that's too bad, well good luck and maybe you can try out another year". And even though he's awesome, that may very well be what he'd say to some other kids. I think regardless of what kid got hurt he'd be sympathetic and support them even if he wasn't telling them they'd have a spot on the team the following year; however on the other hand when Ricky told his diagnosis to his football coach, that coach said, "oh that's unfortunate. Make sure you still come to practices and games". Whatever a&^ho@e. He IS going when he can because he's a great team player, but he has to miss some due to the appointments he's had relating to the injury so far including the 3x weekly P/T.

I'm glad his coach made him feel better about things. I wish him a speedy recovery again!
Thank you :hug:

Well when reading what you said I was thinking that's what she said :laughing:
OMG, Ricky says that back to me SO often when I say something similar to what I wrote :rotfl2:

Plus what am I going to ride now? :rotfl: GMR and TSMM were the only rides I went on in the park.
You need to get yourself on TOT in December! C'mon, you'll survive!!!

I never ended up ordering one! I didn't really like the AP one (I liked the color of the regular one better), but I decided not to get it because with the shipping and everything added in it was almost $50. :eek:
I liked the color of the regular one better too, but I like to show off being an AP holder :snooty: Plus I have the Osborne Lights AP Farewell shirt so I figured I'd keep the trend going. I did order it and the color isn't that bad!

I hang my head in shame :guilty: Should I change the status under my username by my avatar to "DIS LOSER" instead of "DIS VETERAN"?
No way! I just think it's funny that animated automobiles have genders anyway! You're a Dis Winner but if you make that your tag I think you might get some raised eyebrows :rotfl:

I lasted three days with no carbs this week. Just three. They were in a row, though, so surely that counts for something!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Three is better than zero! I started low carb at the beginning of August and am only just now feeling like I might be fully "fat adapted" (interesting to read about if you haven't yet). But I feel like I control the food I eat now instead of the other way around... yeah, I definitely had a problem with eating my feelings! :mickeybarDown 15 lbs. let's see how much I can gain back at disney this week! :rolleyes1

No, Whitney @Whit64130 does NOT have a shop. However someone we know keeps telling her she should open one.........

If only I had the time.......believe it or not I am not even remotely packed and we leave in 3 days!! That is so unlike me!!! :faint:

Steve had been trying to bribe Chris into riding RnRC for the first time-
This is absolutely the best pic ever! Chris is hilarious!
March of the First Order, for the one of you that has never seen any pictures before:
I love March of the First Order so much!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and am hoping for the very best as you meet with Ricky's surgeon. :hug:

Thank you all for the well wishes for Ricky :love:I think I had my last breakdown this morning for awhile and Ricky is taking it pretty good compared to Wednesday when we got the news. His basketball coach reached out to him Wed. night and has been absolutely fantastic, letting him know he's behind him and will be supporting him through his recovery.
What an amazing coach he has! So glad he was able to dissuade his fears and he'll get to be part of the team in some capacity. Hope everything goes well at the Dr. on Monday.

lso he and Ricky don't eat much for the first few hours they're awake so something like a bagel or a couple small muffins would suffice. He did come back with a banana every morning so figuring our discount, if you price each banana at say, $300, he ate his $$'s worth in CL foods :thumbsup2
:banana::banana::banana: That is some expensive banana!

Wow, what a novel concept to be able to get into your room and the $300 banana haven. Glad they made it right so quickly!

Clearly I live in the gutter with you

chrisrcr-jpg.272933

:rotfl:Not as funny as the picture from his first TOT ride, but funny enough! We promised him a $50 PS4 game when we got home, but it was worth it to finally ride this as a family. We didn't have a FP but strangely enough, the SB line was only 30 minutes when we got there and ended up only being 20. His thoughts? Not as bad as he thought it'd be but, no plans to ride it ever again :laughing: However now the only roller coasters we still have to get him on are EE and Space!
Poor guy, he looks terrified!!!!!!!! Casey is finally tall enough for it and says she wants to try it when we go next (which she has no idea is about a month away). We're headed to Hershey park in 2 weeks so we'll try her out on their looping coaster first. Its much tamer than RR.

After dinner it was time to ride the Great Movie Ride for our 2nd to last time :sad: The posted wait was 25 minutes, we still had another FP to use so I couldn't get one for this. Wait ended up being only 15. I'm a crier guys but I managed to only shed a few during the pre-show movies but I also knew we'd be riding again on our next HS day.
:sad: Crying with you. Wish we had one more time to ride it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter