Where do you get your favorite salads?

Elephantay

DIS Veteran
We are going to change our ways this trip :)
In the past, we have eaten at a lot of buffets and many of our favorite table service meals, but are planning to only enjoy Boma and a couple of other favs and explore counter service and lounge options more this time ( we don't drink much but like the vibes! ).

We don't want to overeat or change how we usually eat at home, which is definitely salads several times a week and lighter meals than we indulge in at Disney. We also would love to avoid spending $2000 on food!
We'd love to hear where your go-to salad options are in the World. Also, we have some counter service places in mind but if there's one you think we shouldn't miss, please share.

Our plans so far:
Boma dinner, Beaches and Cream lunch, San Angel dinner ( kids favorite), Flame Tree
Thanks!

We are going to change our ways this trip :)
In the past, we have eaten at a lot of buffets and many of our favorite table service meals, but are planning to only enjoy Boma and a couple of other favs and explore counter service and lounge options more this time ( we don't drink much but like the vibes! ).

We don't want to overeat or change how we usually eat at home, which is definitely salads several times a week and lighter meals than we indulge in at Disney. We also would love to avoid spending $2000 on food!
We'd love to hear where your go-to salad options are in the World. Also, we have some counter service places in mind but if there's one you think we shouldn't miss, please share.

Our plans so far:
Boma dinner, Beaches and Cream lunch, San Angel dinner ( kids favorite), Flame Tree
Thanks!

Not exactly a 'go-to' salad option for me, but i have had the Mediterranean salad with chicken at ABC Commissary and it was fine. The Fountain at the Dolphin has a salmon salad I like a lot.

I loved the salad at Pizzafari in AK.
Greens and Grains Salad: Mixed Greens topped with Garbanzo Beans, White Beans, Red Onions, Pepperoncini, Kalamata Olives, Tomatoes, Quinoa, and Green Goddess Dressing

Oh and at Connections Cafe in Epcot. It was so filling.
Niçoise-style Salad: Crispy Mixed Greens, Romaine, Wedged Potatoes, Tomatoes, Green Beans, Olives, White Beans, Dijon Vinaigrette

Last edited:

Docking Bay 7 has a really good and criminally underrated chicken salad that has changed slightly a few times but still my favorite thing on the menu.

And if you want lighter fare in general Satu’li Canteen > Flame Tree. Any of the bowls you can get with salad base.

My favorite salad used to be the entree salad at LTT-I think it was called the Declaration Salad. That used to be my favorite lunch on a MK day. But now that lunch is a heavy turkey meal, I no longer go there.
Can someone please tell me more about the Nicoise salad? It seems that I saw it offered someplace else besides Connections Cafe. Sounds good.

My favorite salad used to be the entree salad at LTT-I think it was called the Declaration Salad. That used to be my favorite lunch on a MK day. But now that lunch is a heavy turkey meal, I no longer go there.
Can someone please tell me more about the Nicoise salad? It seems that I saw it offered someplace else besides Connections Cafe. Sounds good.
We used to do lunch at LTT and I would get that salad you mentioned and the OGTC for dessert. We actually tried the AYCTE our last trip and it was a great experience they were able to accommodate those with allergies.

Love the Cobb from HBD as everyone above agrees, here are some more favorites:

Tuna Niçoise Salad from Primo Piatto (or Bar Riva pool bar if you want it plated like the picture) at the Rivera:
IMG_4820.JPG
Seared Rare Tuna on Crispy Greens tossed with Potatoes, Green Beans, Olives, Tomatoes, Hard-boiled Egg, and Champagne Vinaigrette
So fresh, and hearty! This one will actually fill you up as an entree. Lightly dressed.

Heirloom Apple Salad from the Grand Floridian Cafe:
IMG_4727.JPG
Organic Baby Lettuce, Heirloom Apples, Sharp Cheddar, Pecan Brittle, and Crispy Prosciutto with a Honey-Apple Vinaigrette
This is a massive salad, much bigger than a side portion and was loaded with prosciutto. Lightly dressed, lots of cheese, perfection! Could be an entree for a light eater, it is a full sized plate.

Honorable mention to the declaration salad at Liberty Tree Tavern, simple but I could literally eat endless plates of that stuff, I need the recipe for their vinaigrette:
IMG_2245.JPG
The description on the menu is not at all what I've had my last couple of visits but perhaps it's changed?

Okay looking through photos, I have more salads.

Insalata Caprese from Trattoria al Forno:
IMG_1822.JPG
House-made Burrata, Ripe Tomatoes, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
All I can say is YUM!

Kids' vs. adult portion of the beef salad at Satu'li, always a must for us every trip:
IMG_1961.JPG

I am not a fan of Regal Eagle but our Candlelight tickets came with a meal, so I had their Power Greens Salad with Chicken:
IMG_2052.JPG
Mixed Greens tossed with Fresh Citrus Fruit, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Cranberries, and Radishes in a Fresh Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing topped with Chilled Pulled Chicken
This was actually very fresh, very light and refreshing and while not a standout, it was a solid option that's far better than some of the QS salads out there. The chicken was cold, I would have preferred warm chicken.

I have not had much luck with salads at Pecos Bill, they serve them in those little cardboard boats that are so hard to eat out of and they are just not big enough to be a meal or me, I need a big plate or mixing bowl of lettuce for my salad!

The Cobb Salad at Brown Derby, BBQ Chicken salad at Flame tree. and I have had great salads at Wine Bar George thier seasonal salad is always been great whatever it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter