Where do you plan on having Christmas dinner?

I agree with Zurgswife...we are planning to lay low on Christmas Day, with dinner in the villa. Haven't decided yet if we'll venture out in the late morning for brunch, but we'll be skipping the parks that day. We'll actually need the day off since I'm planning a pretty busy Christmas Eve, including the CP and some time in the MK until late. Happy Holidays to all who will be there! :D

OK, I'm already changing my mind! I think we will be going to Cape May Cafe instead of Yachtsman Steakhouse. A lot of good things have been said about that place lately and now I'm really looking forward to trying it!

At my sister's house in New Jersey, unfortunately. Wish I could be thinking about where in the World to have Christmas Dinner. Actually going to try for a Xmas trip in 2005. I should be able to get out of the family obligations for one Xmas by then. ;) ;)

We will be staying at the contemporary tower club level.
we will have x mas eve dinner at the concourse steakhouse
or the california grill.Christmas dinner will be at chef mickeys,
this way if i feel the parks are to crazy we wont have to fight the crowds just to have a relaxing meal.

Last year our family was staying at the GF and decided to do Xmas Dinner at 1900 PF so that we could stick "close to home." We found a big surprise when we got our bill. The price had increased significantly. I don't remember how much off the top of my head ($42.95??), but it was enough to raise an eyebrow. When I made the PS the menus were not out and there was no mention of a price increase. Maybe with the 90 day window now things will be a little different.

I just wanted to let everyone know to be aware that in addition to the cc hold for meals on holidays there is often an increase in the buffet costs. Not stating that it is wrong, just letting you know it could happen. Especially if you are thinking it is a way to save money ;)

Elin

Thanks for the info on the increased prices, I thought that might be the case.
How did you like your meal at 1900 Park Fare? Did they have a different selection than usual? We've been thinking about changing our plans and thought Christmas dinner with Cindy sounded pretty festive. :D

We have only eaten at 1900 PF on two other occasions and the meal seemed similar in my mind. I know that the steamed mussels we have enjoyed in the past were not on the buffet, but it might be that they have been gone for a while.

I felt as if we were rushed and the dessert area was set up differently and not very exciting to us. Maybe it was just us, or maybe part of our disappointment had to do with having to wait over 2 hours for our PS time.

If you are looking for character interaction, we did not see a lot of this. Again, this might be partly due to the crowds and also partly due to the fact that we were a group of 2 adult parents, one 24 yr old DD and her DBF (aged 30) and our younger DD aged 16. Possibly they figured we were less interested in the characters and more interested in dinner :teeth:

Elin

We are hoping to get Chef Mickey's for breakfast on Christmas day, and then have the Biergarten w/the Candlelight package that evening.

For Christmas Day, we are staying at the WL, so I am leaning towards WCC for breakfast and Artist Point for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter