Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

I would love to add on more points at RIV if they would come out with incentives to make it comparable to what we paid for it per point in December.
What deal did you get in December?
Were you able to stay there before COVID-19 ??

I’m hoping to hit on a VGC contract if the price is right, but it seems like the price isn’t really budging much (or they are listing it quite high).

5/14 update

number of newly posted resale contracts at about 140% of average

Wow we are really starting to see the prices fall each day now. $120 for PVB, $89 for AKL (stripped, but still), $81.25 for SSR, $96 for BWV (large contract, but still), $125 for BLT, $145 for VGF, etc. We either have some very desperate sellers or a very reduced number of buyers, or both. The resale agents are holding the line publicly about pricing/activity, but dollars to donuts behind the scenes the good ones are telling their listings to engage with any bid that hits the door. With ROFR consigned to the dustbin, there is no safety net now either...stuff is going to pass at wherever a buyer and seller meet.
Where are you seeing these prices?

I just received an email for one of the resale websites requesting contracts; this is the second one they have sent out due to dwindling supply.

BUYER REQUESTS:
  • Polynesian (all sizes and use years) - In high demand!
Really??? Fidelity has a ton of Poly contracts for sale.

Really??? Fidelity has a ton of Poly contracts for sale.
DVC Resale Market has seen their inventory drop for Poly by about 75% since the beginning of April. Same with AKV - they've just been wiped out. The Timeshare Store has a ton of AKV and Fidelity like you said has a ton of Poly. Darned if I know. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I’m hoping to hit on a VGC contract if the price is right, but it seems like the price isn’t really budging much (or they are listing it quite high).
A 200pt June UY popped up yesterday at $205/point. I offered $180/point, they countered at $201. I declined and not much later, they got their full asking price of $205/point. I don't think we're going to see a price drop if contracts don't even last a day. It probably doesn't help that there seems to be zero VGC contracts available at the moment.

Grand Californian has been stubbornly high and there aren't many contracts to be had for that one. I do believe it will fall over the next 6 months - especially if rumors are true that DLR won't even reopen until 2021 - but in that instance the demand for DVC exceeds supply, so I expect VGC to retain a premium price point. Certainly a unique phenomenon that the other resorts do not share.

In Orlando, Beach Club and Copper have held in the best to year to date but I remain very confident that all of them will decline near-intermediate term.

A 200pt June UY popped up yesterday at $205/point. I offered $180/point, they countered at $201. I declined and not much later, they got their full asking price of $205/point. I don't think we're going to see a price drop if contracts don't even last a day. It probably doesn't help that there seems to be zero VGC contracts available at the moment.

That is really good information. Thanks for sharing! I was listening to a podcast and one of the DVCRSM agents was sharing about sales. She mentioned a 50 point contract that was listed for $225 and sold for $250. Living on the West Coast and primarily visiting DLR, it makes the most sense.

Grand Californian has been stubbornly high and there aren't many contracts to be had for that one. I do believe it will fall over the next 6 months - especially if rumors are true that DLR won't even reopen until 2021 - but in that instance the demand for DVC exceeds supply, so I expect VGC to retain a premium price point. Certainly a unique phenomenon that the other resorts do not share.

In Orlando, Beach Club and Copper have held in the best to year to date but I remain very confident that all of them will decline near-intermediate term.

Stubbornly high seems to be a good way of describing it. I looked through some of the ROFR prices from Jan-March 2020, and it seems like many passed around the $175-180 range. Right now so many are listed above $200. I am very curious to what happens to VGC if DL DVC Tower is built. It looks like they posted signs for demolition and it is underway. If they do start selling around 2023 as planned, even with a relatively robust economy (which is yet to be determined), I would guess the price would be still around maybe $205? Of course depending on MF and point charts, I think that could adversely affect VGC prices. If it doesn't, a pretty good fallback plan is to just buy the DL Towers.

I am very curious to what happens to VGC if DL DVC Tower is built. It looks like they posted signs for demolition and it is underway. If they do start selling around 2023 as planned, even with a relatively robust economy (which is yet to be determined), I would guess the price would be still around maybe $205? Of course depending on MF and point charts, I think that could adversely affect VGC prices. If it doesn't, a pretty good fallback plan is to just buy the DL Towers.
I have thought about this a lot, as in probably 3 or 4 years we think we'd want to buy DVC on the west coast.

I think that once DHV (?) makes it all the way to the resale market, it would have to adversely impact resale prices for VGC at least a little, as DHV will almost certainly sell at a lower new and resale price vs Grand Californian (as Grand Californian is their premier hotel).

One consideration that will probably help keep VGC prices higher though is that any contract purchased resale will likely only be good at one or the other, even at 7 months. So to a west coast buyer, VGC will continue to live in it's own little bubble.

Last week I saw a poly aug uy (mine) 50 points with 20 banked they were asking 172 and it was So I'm just waiting it out.
Small contracts are a different animal. But even those have been dropping also. If you can get it in the $145-$160 I'd consider it a win.

DVC Resale Market has seen their inventory drop for Poly by about 75% since the beginning of April. Same with AKV - they've just been wiped out. TSS has a ton of AKV and Fidelity like you said has a ton of Poly. Darned if I know. 🤷‍♂️

As someone who is 3.5 weeks into a contract with Fidelity, they just updated the listing on their site from Available to Sale Pending. I would skeptical of their Available listings.

I saw one VGC listed for $169 on the top seller resale site in April. Was gone the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter