Where do you usually buy your clothes?

All my summer clothes come from Lilly Pulitzer. Fall and winter clothes from Marshall’s, tj maxx, or j crew.

I buy the vast majority of my clothes at J. Jill, to the point that I occasionally worry that I'll start to look too much like the catalog. Then I purposely pick up some things at Nordstrom or Macy's just to give my wardrobe some diversity. I dislike shopping for clothes, so it's easiest to just always shop in one place. It takes less time and I know how the sizing works there, I know how the different fabrics tend to wear I (I no longer buy cardigans there--they pill--I get those from J Crew), and I know which styles and fabrics look best on me. I'm in and out of the store with minimal fuss.

UGH! clothes shopping. I HATE it.

If I need something quickly it is JcPenny or Walmart. If I am "going shopping" (which means driving an hour each way) I'll add in Macy's & Nordstrom Rack. On the rare occasion I am looking for something that I just can't find I might add in Ross or Kohls.

Target

I hate clothes shopping, so I buy online, try them on at home and return what doesn’t fit to the store.

Ann Taylor, Talbots, WHBM, Marshalls, JCP are where I get most of my clothes. Always on sale, usually clearance 😀

I shop at TJMaxx, Macy's (online as my petite department at the brick and mortar stores are pathetic and geared towards a very old age demographic. No I don't want a sailboat appliqué sweatshirt with coordinating elastic waist pants :sad2:), Loft, and occasionally WHBM. The last three are always with coupons and discounts. Unless I am in total desperation for a certain article of clothing, I don't pay full retail. Can't do it, too cheap! :)

I’m really depressed that Century 21 is closing down.

Oh no, I didn't know! What a bummer. I love shopping there when I am in NYC. :sad1:

75% Loft, the rest a combo of Target, Kohl’s, Macy’s. I’ve bought the occasional item from Marshall’s or TJ Maxx, but usually don’t have the patience to wade through their racks.

Macy's, J Jill, a little bit of Old Navy and TJ Maxx. Lately I've been trying out Stitch Fix. On the pricier side but I've found some nice quality pieces that actually fit really well through them (like with the exception of 2-3 pieces everything they've sent has fit perfectly).

Anywhere that sells clothes for tall women. Would love to shop like a normal woman but it’s not meant to be.

I have to wear a work polo shirt M-F (in Accounting, which seems so weird to me, but whatever) so I shop less and less since that went into place. Our nearest Target is an hour away but when I go there I almost always come out with a piece of clothing or two. I'm a Stitch fix user as well, which is kinda pricey but since I don't buy a ton I think it all balances out. I've had decent luck with Amazon as well, but I stick to items with free returns cause most things are hit or miss with me.

Anywhere that sells clothes for tall women. Would love to shop like a normal woman but it’s not meant to be.

You may want to try stitch fix. I am both short and pooh size which is why I love that they have yet to send me jeans that were too long and only one pair that didn't fit. Well, I shouldn't say they didn't fit. They were the perfect length and they were really comfortable, but the cut was "skinny" which wasn't flattering.

You may want to try stitch fix. I am both short and pooh size which is why I love that they have yet to send me jeans that were too long and only one pair that didn't fit. Well, I shouldn't say they didn't fit. They were the perfect length and they were really comfortable, but the cut was "skinny" which wasn't flattering.
Thank you. I will check it out

I was going to say most of my stuff comes from Goodwill or Vineyard Vines. I love their long sleeve tshirts. I also have a healthy amount of clothes from my kids colleges and high school teams.

It used to be mostly kohl’s but recently I haven’t found a lot I like. And the quality is decreasing. I liked shopping a lot more when I was thinner. Now I have added lane Bryant and occasionally Christopher and Banks for pants. I don’t like how their tops fit. I get shoes at kohl’s, DSW or amazon. I’m not an easy fit for shoes either.

Loft, White House Black Market, Nordstrom, J Crew, Madewell, Banana Republic, Gap...

I used to just go to the mall, generally Penneys, Sears, or Belk. Between the three of those, I could usually find what I wanted. I had some skinny fit Lee chinos I really liked, but they apparently stopped making them, or my usual stores stopped carrying them. I found some similar pants on Amazon--their Essentials line--and now I just order those. Like I said in another thread, I'm just slowly transferring my wealth to Jeff Bezos. I do feel guilty for not supporting local retail better, but it is difficult lately. The stores that are open have limited inventories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter