Where do you wash your rig?

jwo1976

Mouseketeer
We live just outside of Birmingham, AL (Alabaster). Our driveway will not accommodate our RV (Bullet 290BHS). So we have to store it at a local trailer storage lot. The rig is in desperate need of a bath. Generally speaking where do you was your RV?

We have a car wash that has an outside bay for trucks. That works.

We live just outside of Birmingham, AL (Alabaster). Our driveway will not accommodate our RV (Bullet 290BHS). So we have to store it at a local trailer storage lot. The rig is in desperate need of a bath. Generally speaking where do you was your RV?
The place you store it would probably have some good ideas. Im sure your not the only one who needs a car wash.

If you have a Blue Beacon near you can get it done there. We did it once and they pulled our eyebrow LED light strip off so no more. We usually wash ours when we take it to hubby's parents house. They have a set up with power and water for us and we don't have to bother them in the house with our dog and weird hours when we visit. Push comes to shove we use the Aero Cosmetics stuff. You can do it without water. https://www.amazon.com/Aero-Cosmetics-Waterless-Aircraft-Restrictions/dp/B006AFAWYI

We live down here in Tuscaloosa (Title-Town) and we were at a Naples, FL KOA for the past week. I saw the same pair of men washing four campers across two days (one in the morning, one in the afternoon both days). Obviously the campground you are at has to allow it but if you plan to head out somewhere, you might call ahead to see if they allow in campground-washing (even for a fee) and tow it dirty to get there. But in Day 1 or 2, get her cleaned up.

Just another option.

Bama Ed

Most of the time in my driveway where I park it since I have the space and the pressure washer.

When I did travel to Disney each winter, I would have the RV washed if we had to drive down with any treated roads, usually a Blue Beacon in Florence, SC or Brunswick, GA just to get the salt off it as soon as possible. Down side was if I had to head north I would have to wait for a day it was warm enough just to rinse it off at home.

Please do not power wash your roofs. When Arnold was so sick & could not get on the roof to clean & seal ours, we had a RV service person clean & reseal our roof. He started power washing & before we could stop him, the roof was damaged. I had to get a new roof in Oct. The cost was over $11,000. We always cleaned, sealed the roof & washed & wax our camper every quarter.

Oh no never power wash the roof, I don't even power wash the gel coat. I use the power washer with a 60 degree tip to hose off the soap, never get close enough to do damage. But its better pressure and flow then my 20-50psi well can do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter