Where have all the Disney emails gone?

jalmgiven

Mouseketeer
I have not been getting any emails from Disney World.

Now, it has been 4 years since we have gone to Disney World for a vacation. We had one booked thru Costco in 2020 but due to Covid the vacation got canceled. Thankfully we got all our money back. I hadn't noticed till now that I have not gotten one single email from Disney in the past 4 years. The only reason I noticed this is because our son is going to Disney in April 2023 and wants us to go also so I have been looking for discounts. I logged into the website and I still have everything checked as to getting emails but yet I've gotten no emails of any kind.

Are they still sending out emails?
Could it be because I am Canadian?

I also haven't been able to find any discount packages past Dec 2022 other than those on the Disney website, which is frustrating as the Canadian dollar is terrible and I don't like leaving things till the last minute.

In the US but I get promotional email occasionally including one with a discount code about a month ago.

In the US but I get promotional email occasionally including one with a discount code about a month ago.
Thanks. I just can't figure it out. Maybe I will have to send them an email. It's mostly so I can hopefully get some kind of discount code.

Thanks. I just can't figure it out. Maybe I will have to send them an email. It's mostly so I can hopefully get some kind of discount code.
Went back and looked at the discount offer and it is oddly specific. It’s 20% off [most deluxe resorts] for December 11th through the 25th. Maybe Xmas bookings have been slow?

Went back and looked at the discount offer and it is oddly specific. It’s 20% off [most deluxe resorts] for December 11th through the 25th. Maybe Xmas bookings have been slow?
I haven't been keeping up with much Disney news and deals as the boarders were closed for so long or there were just too many hoops to jump through to take a cross boarder trip but as I look now deals are really nonexistent or are for a short time frame and end at the end of December. Haven't seen anything for the 2023 year.

Can't even order a planning vacation video anymore as they don't do that anymore. Then there's the Disney Genie service I have to learn all about and now I need to make sure that the days I want to go are not already full. When did Disney get sooo complicated!

I've only very occasionally received an email from WDW. I am subscribed to some other Disney planning websites and get much more direct info from those sources.

As for discounts... there's very little out there, and it only seems to be released maybe a couple of months in advance - I don't think any offers have been released for 2023 yet. WDW resorts are running at high occupancy which means very little reason for WDW to offer discounts.

I've only very occasionally received an email from WDW. I am subscribed to some other Disney planning websites and get much more direct info from those sources.

As for discounts... there's very little out there, and it only seems to be released maybe a couple of months in advance - I don't think any offers have been released for 2023 yet. WDW resorts are running at high occupancy which means very little reason for WDW to offer discounts.
Thanks for your input. I'm going to wait till the end of the month and see if Costco brings out any deals and if not just book something.

Apparently AP discounts just came out yesterday for the first quarter 2023. So hopefully others will follow soon :)

:wave: I have noticed in the past few years that the emails get further and further apart.The most recent discount was the Disney+ subscriber one and I am pretty sure I found out about it through another Disney page that I don't remember signing up for discounts with! LOL

:wave: I have noticed in the past few years that the emails get further and further apart.The most recent discount was the Disney+ subscriber one and I am pretty sure I found out about it through another Disney page that I don't remember signing up for discounts with! LOL
I agree. Mind you in the last few months I have seen more Disney commercials than ever. Perhaps if they cut down on advertising dollars and used that money towards discounts, they would get even more people attending

I agree. Mind you in the last few months I have seen more Disney commercials than ever. Perhaps if they cut down on advertising dollars and used that money towards discounts, they would get even more people attending
True on the commercials! None of them as good as they used to be!! LOL!!! I still can't get over the one where the little boy won't sleep cause he's 'too excited to sleep!!'

Love that one!!!
Even though Universal is beating them in attendance recently, I doubt they are feeling any problems filling the parks, they keep raising the prices and people keep going....pretty much means there are fewer and fewer chances to get discounts. I can't believe the Disney+ discount came out, before it did there were a few nights in there that only villas were available!

I'm thinking the rumor is quite true that top brass are focusing primarily on attracting first-timers who can be more easily manipulated to spend lots, particularly if a once-only family.

Exit surveys and purchasing data show that we oldtimers don't buy anywhere near as much as newbies thrilled to get all those plushies, shirts, earhats, $$$ snacks, etc. and are practically contagious from FOMO.

Besides, they're not making money discounting rooms for people they know will return. Not to mention Disney is still scrambling to recoup massive shutdown losses.

It's all about what stuffs their moneybags, anymore. AKA, like your insurers, Disney is not your friend.

True on the commercials! None of them as good as they used to be!! LOL!!! I still can't get over the one where the little boy won't sleep cause he's 'too excited to sleep!!'

Love that one!!!
Even though Universal is beating them in attendance recently, I doubt they are feeling any problems filling the parks, they keep raising the prices and people keep going....pretty much means there are fewer and fewer chances to get discounts. I can't believe the Disney+ discount came out, before it did there were a few nights in there that only villas were available!
That’s my favorite commercial! I send the YouTube video to my adult kids the night before we leave…😎

Love that one!!!
The Disney+ deal is good but sadly not for the time frame we are planning on going

I'm thinking the rumor is quite true that top brass are focusing primarily on attracting first-timers who can be more easily manipulated to spend lots, particularly if a once-only family.

Exit surveys and purchasing data show that we oldtimers don't buy anywhere near as much as newbies thrilled to get all those plushies, shirts, earhats, $$$ snacks, etc. and are practically contagious from FOMO.

Besides, they're not making money discounting rooms for people they know will return. Not to mention Disney is still scrambling to recoup massive shutdown losses.

It's all about what stuffs their moneybags, anymore. AKA, like your insurers, Disney is not your friend.
I'm all for companies making money. They are providing a service and they have a ton of staff to pay, but when you start nickel and diming people to death, that just doesn't bode well for me. We've been going about every 4 years since 1990 so the appeal to buy a lot of stuff is gone. We probably wouldn't be going if it wasn't for the fact that our son wants us to go with him.

I was hoping to stay at a moderate hotel but with the exchange rate being what it is I will probably be going with a value resort.
I love most of the Values and pretty much most of the resorts on property! It's amazing how they can make a motel 6 like building not feel like one!! :rotfl2:

I have not been getting any emails from Disney World.

Now, it has been 4 years since we have gone to Disney World for a vacation. We had one booked thru Costco in 2020 but due to Covid the vacation got canceled. Thankfully we got all our money back. I hadn't noticed till now that I have not gotten one single email from Disney in the past 4 years. The only reason I noticed this is because our son is going to Disney in April 2023 and wants us to go also so I have been looking for discounts. I logged into the website and I still have everything checked as to getting emails but yet I've gotten no emails of any kind.

Could it be because I am Canadian?

I also haven't been able to find any discount packages past Dec 2022 other than those on the Disney website, which is frustrating as the Canadian dollar is terrible and I don't like leaving things till the last minute.

I get some emails as an annual passholder, but they sent more emails when they were working hard to drive attendance and fill rooms.

When the resorts running full, sending out emails will just end in people searching for stays and finding no availability, which isn't a great customer experience.

Also, email marketing may not be as effective as it once was. They may have shifted resources to more effective things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter