Where in in FLA/CALI can Canadians get a COVID TEST

Thank you so much! We are leaving Saturday and this is very helpful.

How long did it take from arrival at City Hall and the test being done?
My test was booked for 1:15 and I arrived there at 1:00. I waited in line for about 15 minutes, though it could have been longer in other situations as quite a few people ahead of me had to step aside since they had not booked their tests in advance. By 1:25 I was done!

omg! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have the PCR test booked there, but now I'm wondering if I should switch to a 1 hour NAAT if it's accepted to return to Canada and only takes an hour.
It should be accepted as it's on the list included on the government website. The 1 hour one is really pricey, but it was worth it to me to not have to leave the park on only my second day and also for the peace of mind that it would be processed in time.

It should be accepted as it's on the list included on the government website. The 1 hour one is really pricey, but it was worth it to me to not have to leave the park on only my second day and also for the peace of mind that it would be processed in time.

totally!! i'm happy for you that it all worked out!! safe travels home and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Just wanted to give an update on how my experience getting a return test at Anaheim City Hall went (spoiler alert, it went really smoothly). I booked the one hour NAAT in advance from the website that was posted in this thread. They said they take walk ups, but while I was there they were having people book their test on their phone and show their order number before they would let them come up anyway. I also overheard them saying that they had limited machines to process the tests on site so booking in advance would ensure that you can get the results in an hour.

I took an Uber to City Hall from the Tropicana where we're staying. It was like a 5 minute ride, super close. When I got there I stood in line waiting for my turn, then they checked me in with my order number and my passport for ID (not sure if passport was needed, but I had it on me anyways since Disney doesn't take Canadian drivers licenses in general), then I got in another line to wait for my turn to get swabbed. The NAAT is just a nostril swab, not like the PCRs that go further back.

After that my boyfriend and I (who had tested positive with a breakthrough case just over a month ago so he did not need a test to travel) walked to the Packing House to get lunch and wait for my results. If it would have came out positive I would have just walked back to the hotel (Google says it's about a half hour walk) but thankfully while we were finishing up eating the results came through and were negative! Just a heads up that they ran a rapid antigen test and the NAAT. I was a little worried as the text they sent only mentioned the rapid test, but both antigen and NAAT results came to my email. They did land in my junk email folder though so make sure it check there if you don't see them shortly after the text. It was then easy to download the pdfs, and I'm hoping all will continue to go smoothly tomorrow when we board our plane home.

Even though California has been amazing, I'm very happy that I'm not stuck here in a hotel for 2 more weeks. 😀 If anyone has any other things they're wondering about the City Hall testing process feel free to ask and I'll try to answer if I can.
Thank you for this update! We're planning to do the 24 hour PCR test in September so this is really helpful!

omg! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have the PCR test booked there, but now I'm wondering if I should switch to a 1 hour NAAT if it's accepted to return to Canada and only takes an hour.
Thank you for posting this! I was bugging BlancheNeige7 asking about the 1 hr NAAT test at the city hall, wasn’t sure if accepted by Canada for entry because it’s “rapid”.
We don’t want to book the 1 day PCR as that goes way deep in your nostrils and while DH and I can deal with it, DS12 would have a panic attack.
We looked into booking the one at CVS - it’s RT-PCR which you swab yourself but need a car for that and results are 1-2 days, It’s $139 unless they don’t ask for ID in which case it might be no charge but I wouldn’t count on that...
The 1 hr NAAT is $199 correct?
We are leaving for Disneyland on 17th and coming back 23rd late evening (or actually 24th morning in Canada).
Let us know how the actual travel back goes if you can. Safe journey home!

Thank you for posting this! I was bugging BlancheNeige7 asking about the 1 hr NAAT test, at the city hall wasn’t sure if accepted by Canada for entry because it’s “rapid”.
We don’t want to book the 1 day PCR as that goes way deep in your nostrils and while DH and I can deal with it, DS12 would have a panic attack.
We looked into booking the one at CVS - it’s RT-PCR which you swab yourself but need a car for that and results are 1-2 days, It’s $139 unless they don’t ask for ID in which case it might be no charge but I wouldn’t count on that...
The 1 hr NAAT is $199 correct?
We are leaving for Disneyland on 17th and coming back 23rd late evening (or actually 24th morning in Canada).
Let us know how the actual travel back goes if you can. Safe journey home!
I just checked the pdf results that were sent to me and they don't say "rapid" anywhere on them, just "Molecular Testing - Nucleic Acid Amplification of RNA" under test name and "ID NOW" under test device, which I believe is the same as people that have been travelling from Florida have been using without issue, but yes I can definitely update tomorrow with how it goes with the flights!

Correct that the test I did was the $199 one. Thanks for the well wishes!

I just checked the pdf results that were sent to me and they don't say "rapid" anywhere on them, just "Molecular Testing - Nucleic Acid Amplification of RNA" under test name and "ID NOW" under test device, which I believe is the same as people that have been travelling from Florida have been using without issue, but yes I can definitely update tomorrow with how it goes with the flights!

Correct that the test I did was the $199 one. Thanks for the well wishes!
Thank you! I think the rapid must refer to the fact it’s 1hr.
I think we’ll book this one but if you can report back that would be so awesome. Enjoy your last day in Cali!

Ok, this has convinced me to cancel our Lax 1 hour PCR test-which is the same price, 199- and book at city hall for two days before leaving DL. Thank you so much for all the info! Will be much less stressful to already have the test done and results back 2 days before we have to fly. Can’t wait to hear about your experience flying home! By the way, what did you say when going thru US customs on your way out- did you say you were going to DL, and did they give you a hard time?

Ok, this has convinced me to cancel our Lax 1 hour PCR test-which is the same price, 199- and book at city hall for two days before leaving DL. Thank you so much for all the info! Will be much less stressful to already have the test done and results back 2 days before we have to fly. Can’t wait to hear about your experience flying home! By the way, what did you say when going thru US customs on your way out- did you say you were going to DL, and did they give you a hard time?
They didn't say anything at all! We said that we were going to LA and Disneyland for vacation and they said "Have a good trip!". 👍

Awesome! I was wondering how it was going to work and what to say. Thanks so much for this so useful info! I’ve just cancelled our Lax tests-which were refunded instantly- and booked our city hall NAAT tests. This is so great! You‘ve relieved a huge amount of uncertainty over how this was all going to work.
Thank you again, Laura_2222! 🙂

As promised here's my update from coming back to Canada today!

I had absolutely no issues with coming back to Canada the whole way. I uploaded all my vaccine paperwork and filled out the ArriveCAN app yesterday, so I just made sure to have windows on my phone ready with the receipt from that, my covid test results, and my boarding passes so I could just easily flip through them. They checked my negative covid tests both at the checked in desk before the flight and at customs when I got into Calgary.

As a note my boyfriend was travelling with his covid confirmation and recovery documents from last month when he had a breakthrough case and he also had no issues at all using them coming back.

LAX was kind of intimidating as it seemed super busy and disorganized, but from what I've read that's not out of the ordinary for it. Unfortunately our Westjet flight was delayed for an hour because there was an empty Delta plane that no one was moving out of the way for our plane to dock. I felt bad for us but even worse for the people on board the westjet plane that had to wait on the tarmac for an extra hour for someone to come and move it. 😬 It caused us to miss our connection to Regina, but they put us on the red eye without any issue so we'll still get back tonight, just much later than planned so no big deal.

Overall it went much better than I was prepared for! Again, let me know if anyone has any questions!

As promised here's my update from coming back to Canada today!

I had absolutely no issues with coming back to Canada the whole way. I uploaded all my vaccine paperwork and filled out the ArriveCAN app yesterday, so I just made sure to have windows on my phone ready with the receipt from that, my covid test results, and my boarding passes so I could just easily flip through them. They checked my negative covid tests both at the checked in desk before the flight and at customs when I got into Calgary.

As a note my boyfriend was travelling with his covid confirmation and recovery documents from last month when he had a breakthrough case and he also had no issues at all using them coming back.

LAX was kind of intimidating as it seemed super busy and disorganized, but from what I've read that's not out of the ordinary for it. Unfortunately our Westjet flight was delayed for an hour because there was an empty Delta plane that no one was moving out of the way for our plane to dock. I felt bad for us but even worse for the people on board the westjet plane that had to wait on the tarmac for an extra hour for someone to come and move it. 😬 It caused us to miss our connection to Regina, but they put us on the red eye without any issue so we'll still get back tonight, just much later than planned so no big deal.

Overall it went much better than I was prepared for! Again, let me know if anyone has any questions!
Welcome home!
Wow thank you again for all the updates. So the 1 hr rapid NAAT test from the Anaheim city hall was no issue, that’s awesome.
We fly out Tuesday afternoon and trying to figure out if we should move our outgoing covid test from Monday morning to either Saturday or Sunday (it’s the rapid antigen ready in 20 min at shoppers)... I didn’t realize we could test anytime on the 14th for an afternoon flight ok the 17th...
appreciate all your advice!

Has anyone had any experience with this company beepermd. Apparently the tests are free even for travel unless it’s a same day request. They will even come to your hotel. Seems to good to be true !
Did anyone ever get back to you on this?
I emailed them and they confirmed that they would come to the hotel and that it would be free for us (2 adults), but it really does seem too good to be true.
I can’t find a single review online.

I emailed them and they confirmed that they would come to the hotel and that it would be free for us (2 adults), but it really does seem too good to be true.

A couple people have used them from the Canadian DVC Facebook group and have had no issues!! We are going to try them in a few weeks.

M
A couple people have used them from the Canadian DVC Facebook group and have had no issues!! We are going to try them in a few weeks.
That is very reassuring. We may actually end up using them before you. (Hoping to get tested on Sept 2). I will report back.

I checked their FB page and there are horrible reviews of no shows... I don’t know what to think about this, it is very tempting indeed!

I checked their FB page and there are horrible reviews of no shows... I don’t know what to think about this, it is very tempting indeed!
I was just coming to post the same. I don't know that I would trust a company that has that many bad reviews for a no show when coming home depends on a time limited test.

:( oh no - well so much for that plan.

I guess we could just take our chances & then pay for a rapid test elsewhere if no one shows. It’s not necessarily a cost thing. I really liked the convenience of someone coming to us.

Edited to add…just checked their Facebook page, as others have said the reviews are consistently horrible. Now I’m not sure I even want to waste my time with them.

Last edited:
Mears Taxi. They are easy to get if you are staying at a Disney resort. They are either there waiting or the CM's will get one for you.

Have you successfully used Mears (or any other taxi service) for this express reason? I'm worried that drivers will not want to do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter