Where should DD sleep?

mrsminniemouse

DIS Veteran
In May we are going to Vero and BCV with our two children, DS 9 months , DD nearly 4 and my parents. In the past we have always got a one bed unit and DD slept in the travel cot supplied by mousekeeping. She last slept in it when she was 2 years 10 months last Feb.

We now have a baby boy too, so he will sleep in the travel cot next to the master bed. This trip we have booked a 2 bed lock off as my parents will be with us. They will have the studio.

Not sure where DD will sleep. She could sleep on the pull out in the living room but this will leave us with no where to go once she is asleep. Do you reckon she could sleep on the floor of the master bed if we got a ready bed or sleeping bag from Walmart or somewhere? Or we could put her in the master bed and move her to the sofa when we go to bed? She might sleep with my mum or dad occassionally.

Anyone know if you can get ready beds easily at Walmart?

Just wondering what other people have done in this situation. This will be the last year we get a one bed for us 4 i guess. A 2 bed will be necessary once DS is too big for the travel cot. Won't be able to bring guests then :sad1:

Any tips or experience to share?
Mandy :)

Hi Mandy! I've read on the DVC boards that plenty of people use the self inflating air beds and I know I've seen them for sale in Walmart. Alternatively you could bring one with you as they pack up very small. They're not overly expensive so, if I were you, I'd plan to do that... :thumbsup2

We did this last year with our friends and alternated with the lock offs when we changed resorts. It was ok with my DD as she went to sleep the same time as us. But my friend just put her dd6 to sleep on the masterbed while we were in the lounge area and when we were ready for bed my friend's DH just lifted their sleeping dd onto the the pulled out sofabed. She never woke up.

Also the first few nights when we got back from the restaurants we were so tired because of the jet lag we all went to sleep when we got back to the villas!

Hope you have a great time

Susan

All of your options sound viable.

You could also consider switching rooms with your parents. If you give them the master bedroom then you'd have 2 beds (with the pullout) in the studio and an easy place for your DD to sleep.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess we will look for an airbed when we get there. As Susan said, I reckon DD will be so tired we could move her to the pull out once we go to bed so either solution would work.

I love my parents enough to let them come with us to Vero and BCV on our points but not enough to let them have the master bedroom!!! Ha ha :rotfl2:

Thanks again,
Mandy (who should have known that you can buy everything at Walmart!!) :)

I love my parents enough to let them come with us to Vero and BCV on our points but not enough to let them have the master bedroom!!! Ha ha :rotfl2:

That's what I figured. But, since we've had the discussion of how we'd break up the room, and you hadn't mentioned it as something you'd ruled out, I figured I should mention it.

We have similar feelings about the master bedroom but we have also decided that when we have kids who are too young to stay up for evening activities but too old for the pack'n'play then we will likely consider giving up the master bedroom for a couple of years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter