Where should we stay?

bbchurch

Earning My Ears
I need advice on how to best plan our trip for May 30-June 7We are going to disney May30-June 3 and are going to UO and SW on June 3-7. We are for sure staying at Royal Pacific Resort for the last 4 nights. I however need help for the first 4 nights. We will be celebrating our 6 year wedding ann. (and my B-day) on this trip so we would like something kind of romantic. I have been pricing rooms and I currently have a reservation at the CSR for a king room but I am just not 100% sure if this is the best place to be at . As far as budget goes the Moderate is the highest price we can really afford. I wanted the AKL but the savanah view was a tad to expensive. Know we have been to WDW before (we stayed off-site) so this would not be our first trip to the parks but it would be the first time onsite. We are not deadset on staying i onsite but I think it would be nice. Espesicially since my wife is a "Mickey nut". My main question is would the CSR be the best choiceor would we be better served to find someplace off-site. Our budget is around $100-120 a night. And another question about the CSR how confortable are the rooms and in particular the beds are at the CSR. . a king room . My wife is extremely picky about the hotels we stay in. She has to have comfortable bed, bathtub (didn't like the Sleep Inn last year for this reason), fridge, and of interior corridors. I know CSR does not have interior corridors but I am trying to explain to her it is not like the Motel 6 (no put down intended). To put it another way "I NEED HELP!!!"

I am sorry if I am rampling on and on and on and on and on......
not getting much sleep lately trying to figure this "fun vacation/anniversary/birthday trip" out!!!

:smooth:

Do you have new Disney visa? Maybe some of the codes for that may make a standard room at AKL within reach. ... I don't knpow the website could some post it please....

I would do AKL standard room over CSR in a heartbeat!

We've explored the CSR but never stayed there. It was a really pretty place with a great pool, it has a beach, volleyball, hot tubs, pool bar and a great themed pool. We ate at the food court there and really enjoyed it. We've stayed at deluxes and the CSR is someplace we'd also love to try. I say go for it! :)

We stayed at CSR last year. The room was spotless and colorfully decorated. The beds were fine. I am a back-pain woman and the beds did not do me in! The grounds here are lovely and the place has a very "southwestern" feel to it. The lake is so pretty at night. The main pool is huge and there is a great hot tub spa. We enjoyed the quiet pool as well. The doors DO open to the outside but the buildings are colorful and there are covered walkways outside the doors to the rooms -- you do NOT feel like you are at some motor lodge. We enjoyed a dinner at Pepper Market but did not get a chance to do the sit-down restaurant. The bathroom in our room was small but DID have a bathtub.

Mousesavers has codes now for this summer. You may get a good deal at ALK yet! I got Wilderness Lodge for June for $139, standard view. I can't WAIT!

I know this may be a long-shot, but have you considered renting DVC points? You may be able to a GREAT one-bedroom villa at OKW for almost the same price range. It has a jacuzzi tub and separate bedroom with a king bed. Plus, the atmosphere is so quaint and quiet at OKW. More info on renting points can be found on the DVC Board:

Rent/Trade Board

:)

Animal Kingdom Lodge.... take anything you can!!!! It's the greatest resort and I don't think we will ever stay anywhere else!!!

We stayed at CBR last year and really enjoyed it. It was just my husband and I (left the kids at Grandma's). Even though it's not quite as nice as the deluxe resorts I still thought it was pretty... and romantic. :) Of course anything would have been romantic to me without my kids! LOL ;)

I think you should definitely stay onsite. Either at the CBR or CSR. :) You'll have a great time. :)

I have stayed at CSR and AKL and they are both super romantic!!! I would go with AKL and hope for an upgrade-BUT be happy with what you booked, if that's what you get. If you would absoluley HATE that view-stay with CSR. My DH and I just did this for our 8th anniversary and had a GREAT time-what a nice resort!

Thank you for all your input, However I am still not quite sure what to do. I know that I can go with the CSR and I know that we would have a wonderful time. I also keep thinking about the AKL. I talked to an agent with Dreams Unlimited and she said that I could request a King bed, but that the deluxes do not guarantee anything. Also I could go with a standard view room and just stretch our budget a little to compensate. I know that I could send in a fax and request a "complimentarty upgrade" to the savanah room and a king size bed, But as with anything in life nothing is guaranteed so I must plan to recieve what I book. So my problem is would the standard view room be worth the extra money or would I be better of staying where I am at the CSR and if I stay there what would be a good thing to request for an anniversary trip?
I checked into the DVC and it would be a little more than the AKL but I just don't think I want to go through the paperwork and legwork of that this trip but thank you for suggesting it.
I checked the price of the savanah room just to see what the bottom line would be and it would be a total of $959 taxes included. That is about what we were planning on spending for all 8 nights! I guess we could stay there and just not go anywhere else! LOL

Oh yeah I am checking into the disney visa card. Anyone know what the rates would be? CSR or AKL?

Assuming code AEF rates are still available for your nights and you book by 4/26 you should be able to get CSR for $94 and AKL Standard for $124

I would go with CSR - I think it will work all around best for all your needs

Thanks
Jason

All things considered, you may just want to go with a King Bed room at the CSR. You'll be guaranteed a King Bed in advance this way so you won't be wondering before you check-in. Make sure that your anniversary is noted on your ressie, too. Nothing is guaranteed but maybe they'll do something nice for you. :)

You can always gamble and go for the Standard view at the AKL. By noting your anniversary, maybe you'll get lucky and if there is availability they'll upgrade you. :) I read lots of threads about special upgrades. Unfortunately, I've personally never received an upgrade in more than 30+ trips there (even when we got married there). So, it can be hit or miss.

One thing to consider also is whether an "outdoor" access room is an issue to you. At the Moderates, your room access is outside along outdoor cooridors. So, you won't have a private balcony. People will be walking past your door to get to their rooms. Some people don't care for that. The AKL is more like other Deluxe resorts with indoor access and private balconies.

Good luck with your decision. I know it's tough!

:)

I went ahead and booked the king room at CSR but the agent said I could change to the AKL if I wanted to as long as the rooms were available. I have thought about booking the standard view at AKL and then requesting an upgrade but I just don't know if I am willing to risk not getting it. I am usually the one that Murphy's law always refers to!! I would more than likely end up with the worst possible room in the whole hotel! With that siad does anybody know how booked up the AKL will be for May 30-June 3 and what my chances would be of getting a upgrade? I know they go by reservation date for granting request and mine would be almost a month out, many people ahead of me. I also know they go on order of importantance and I would have to have above all thinkgs a non-smoking room (wife has medical condition), then it would be king bed, then finially it would be view I just think that is way to much to hope for. I finally asked the "boss" and she said it was fine to just leave it the way it is but I just can't help wondering if I should try AKL or just wait until the next trip. DECISIONS DECISIONS DECISIONS DECISIONS.....why must life always be so complicated and why do we wear ourselves out planning a trip that is supposed to be relaxing and then get there and go faster and do more than we do at home or work! I will never know.

Thank you for all your input not just in my post but for everything on this entire site. Magazines, books, videos, and travel channel really only tell you the good things about the parks, hotels, transportion, restaurants, ect. It is nice to get opinions from first hand unbiased people. With that said we dedided to "upgrade" to the AKL. We had to go with a standard view but I will fax them prior to arrival and pray dearly for a potential upgrade. But if we don't get one so be it. I will ge expecting the standard view.
It seems that the interior doors was an important issue for my wife. Besides it will be nice to say I got to stay at a deluxe. (may be the only time we can afford it).. I am sure it will beat the Holiday Inns we are usually staying in>>>>hopefully! AGain thank you for all the input I hope we enjoy our trip!

Good for you!!!

Your trip sounds alot like mine in July (birthdays & anniversaries) but there are two couples and my 4 children. We anguished over where to stay as well. DH wanted ASsports and I wanted AKL because I don' think the rates will ever be lower. DH considered splitting our stay but then gave in and said YES to AKL the whole stay. From what I've read and seen I don't think either of us will be disappointed.

Sprinkling pixie dust to help you get your wishes..............

Hope you have a great vacation!! :bounce: :bounce:

I wish you a wonderful trip wiht magical moments and all the upgrades you desire! It's a real treat to stay at a Deluxe -- enjoy! Make sure to eat a meal at Boma -- yum. It will be good to stay at AKL because you are so full when you leave this wonderful restaurant you won't want to do anything but crash in your room!

Make sure to let us all know about the trip once you are back.

You might be able to save some money on your RPH part of the trip to help off-set the cost of AKL. That's what we are doing in 2 weeks. I got RPH for $109 Fan club rate. Best wishes!!!

Originally posted by polkadotminnie
You might be able to save some money on your RPH part of the trip to help off-set the cost of AKL. That's what we are doing in 2 weeks. I got RPH for $109 Fan club rate. Best wishes!!!
That is the only way we were able to get the RPR. I got the entertainment card rate of $110. After standing in Disney's lines last year I didn't want to do it at Universal if there was a way to cut to the front all the time while we were there. But that is a whole different story and I don't even want to get that discussion started!!! It will be interesting to see how the two hotels compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter