Where to buy a cane?

locolala

<font color=royalblue>Ketchup doesn't belong in yo
Hey :)

So my doc is ready to diagnose me with MS, we're just waiting on the MRI results. He's about 95% certain that it's MS based on the symptoms I'm having and results of some reflext type tests. I'm wanting to get a cane now because I'm having balance problems, like listing off to one side (my dad says I need to get my alignment checked lol) and just general weakness in my legs. They can give me one from the hospital but it would take forever and would be a plain boring grey metal one. Does anyone know of a good website I could order a cane? Nothing too pricey, we're a bit short of money because we were in a car crash earlier this week and we needed a rental car. Anyhow.. back to the cane. I'm on the shorter side so I'm thinking an adjustable cane will be best. Thanks guys and gals :)

Magellan.com has an assortment, including, my all-time favorite, the magic elastic band operated folding cane; handsome, durable and sure to spring out uncontrollably the minute you're walking down a crowded airplane aisle. If you get that one, watch it, it's alive....:banana: I now use a Service Dog, instead...You have to feed them, but they're easier to control and it's more difficult to leave them behind in some grocery store shopping cart...

Not only are there many good online sites (kinda too many for me to list), but a lot of CVSes I've seen recently have had canes in assorted shapes, colours, and sizes. They tend to run around $20.

You might also want to do a little research into cane shapes and types of canes as some of them are better ergonomically and such, but I remember when I was looking at my first cane it was a fairly easy google search to find this information out.

I now use a Service Dog, instead...You have to feed them, but they're easier to control and it's more difficult to leave them behind in some grocery store shopping cart...
I have turned so many canes into Lost and Found that were left in shopping carts. So do be careful.
Haven't found a dog yet:)
I bought an ugly gray metal one, because I wanted it quickly. But the next time I saw my doctor, he was disappointed that I hadn't bought one with four feet for better stability. Not sure I'm ready for that yet!
I plan on decorating my cane somehow, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I see them for sale in the pharmacy section of my local super store.

See if you can get your doctor to prescribe a forearm crutch. Your insurance would pay for it---you can adjust it---it fits on your forearm, will bend when you need it to, and you don't have to put it down to open doors, etc. I protested when my doctor prescribed this, but after the PT showed me how much better than a cane it is, I gave in---and I haven't regretted it! (Plus, since they come in pairs--I always have a spare!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter