Where to convert old tickets easily and without having to pay for parking?

lborne

It all started with a rabbit
I've got some 2008 2 Day Touch of Magic Special tickets I would like to use. I know I have to go to guest relations or a ticket booth to get them transferred and working. I'd like to do it a couple days before I use them and would rather not have to pay for parking just to visit guest relations. What would be the best location to redeem these tickets?

I've got some 2008 2 Day Touch of Magic Special tickets I would like to use. I know I have to go to guest relations or a ticket booth to get them transferred and working. I'd like to do it a couple days before I use them and would rather not have to pay for parking just to visit guest relations. What would be the best location to redeem these tickets?

Disney Springs. Free parking and there is a Guest Relations booth/building there.

The GS at Disney Springs can have a wait. So go there first and get on the waitlist. If there is one, they will text you when it's your turn. You can shop and kill time while waiting.

I would also recommend Disney Springs.

But you say you would only do this a couple days before wanting to use the tickets. You will not be able to book park reservations until those tickets are converted and linked to MDE. If this trip is in the future when capacity limitations are relaxed somewhat, that may not be an issue. But right now, park reservations are very tough to come by over the next couple of months.

I would also recommend Disney Springs.

But you say you would only do this a couple days before wanting to use the tickets. You will not be able to book park reservations until those tickets are converted and linked to MDE. If this trip is in the future when capacity limitations are relaxed somewhat, that may not be an issue. But right now, park reservations are very tough to come by over the next couple of months.

Thanks. I know. I have two other people in our party that have the 4 day passes and reservations, so hoping some additional reservations free up. We don't plan to redeem the tickets if there is no availability.

Thanks. I know. I have two other people in our party that have the 4 day passes and reservations, so hoping some additional reservations free up. We don't plan to redeem the tickets if there is no availability.
If you have the budget to purchase new tickets, what you could do is buy new tickets now and make your reservations. Then when you get to Orlando you could visit DS to redeem your old tickets and set them for a random date in the future for another trip.

I would go to DS as well, but to the Disney Ticket Office diagonally across from GR (across from D-Luxe Burger). GR will usually refer you there if you check with them first.

UPDATE: Actually, we had to convert the tickets at Guest Relations. We made an appointment and waited our 45 minutes. Once converted and applied to the proper magic bands, the cast member had to call each park and inquire if she could make a reservation on the days the other 2 of us had reservations. It worked out. Surprise - our 2 day ticket also had a water park day, so we went to BB and practically had the entire park to ourselves.

UPDATE: Actually, we had to convert the tickets at Guest Relations. We made an appointment and waited our 45 minutes. Once converted and applied to the proper magic bands, the cast member had to call each park and inquire if she could make a reservation on the days the other 2 of us had reservations. It worked out. Surprise - our 2 day ticket also had a water park day, so we went to BB and practically had the entire park to ourselves.
Thanks for sharing. The parks reservations have been a pain point for many of us. I am so glad it worked out for you! And the bonus water park day, kinda like putting on a jacket and finding a $20 bill in the pocket!

Good to know that it was GR as opposed to the Ticket Center. Makes sense, since you had older, special tickets, not to mention trying to match park reservations with other members of your party. I'm glad it all worked out - especially the unexpected day at BB!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter