Where to eat without the kids?

MichiganMommy

Mouseketeer
We decided to try the cub's den at WL this trip, and I had planned for DH and I to eat at Citrico's. But they aren't taking ressies for either Feb 14 or 15th (the two nights I tried). I guess they are closed on Mondays (the 14th) and there is a private event on the 15th. I'm really bummed. So now I'm trying to decide where DH and I should eat. I was thinking of California Grill, or Narcoossee's. Or maybe we should head over to Epcot at eat at one of the French restaurants that our kids wouldn't appreciate. But I don't know if all the travel hassles are worth it just to go there for dinner though. Any suggestions? We are staying at WL.

We went to victoria and alberts for s special dinner cost about $200. for 2 wine extra once in a lifetime dinner very romatic :cool1:

DH and I celebrated our anniversary last year with a wonderful meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse. I probably wouldnt want to splurge like that with the kids in tow, but since we had a night out we tried it. It was so good that we will be going back on our anniversary this year. :)

If you want to stay in the Magic Kingdom area I would highly suggest Narcossees. If you don't mind going over to the Epcot resort area, then I would most definitely recommend The Yachtsman!

Here's where I'd go w/o the kids:

Artist Point
Cal Grill
V & A
Bistro de Paris
Flying Fish (I think this is the most kid friendly of the "nice" places)
Yachtsman Steakhouse

When we stayed at VWL we let the kids hang out a couple of evenings at the cub's den. We ate one night at Narcoosee's. It was very good, and I would go again. It is on the water at the GF and when it gets dark, you can see the colors change on the castle at MK. I thought that was way cool.

The other night we went to Artist Pointe, this is the second time we have been there, didn't care much for either time, definetly not on my favorite list.

When we leave the kids at the kid clubs, we generally like to go to nice restaurants at one of the resorts. We find that the atmosphere is a little quieter and less hectic than the restaurants at Epcot.

Definately Artist Point. We put our ds's (9 & 5) in the Cub's Den on our last trip (they loved it btw!) and we enjoyed a great grown up meal at Artist Point. The food is fantastic, service very gracious and we really like the atmosphere: not stuffy but very simple. My favs there are the smoked portabello mushroom soup as an appetizer (OMG, it is the BEST soup....I could lick the bowl clean!) and the berry cobbler for dessert (fantastic and large enough to share) They have a very nice wine list too.....

We've been a few times now, and it is a "must" now for every trip!

Artist Point is very nice and it will keep you close to home. If you're looking for romance, I would skip Narcoossees. It's a very popular family spot and it can get noisy. The Bistro de Paris at Epcot is very nice and if you could get a window seat, you might even be able to view Illuminations. I'd also cast a vote for Jiko's. The AKL lodge itself just seems so romantic to me anyway, with all that low lighting. We were very impressed with the service and the food we received at Jiko's. I especially loved the french pressed coffee at the end of the meal.

Either California grill or Narcoose's would be just fine. Also Artist Point, right where you are staying. No real need to go to Epcot.
Other great spots would be Jiko, Flying Fish, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Blue Zoo, Portobello Yacht Club, or Palio.
Wolfgng Puck upstairs is another option--
But at the top would be V&A, if $$$ is not an object.

ooohh Bluezoo! The lighting and decor are perfect and the food is prepared with the utmost care. It is predominantly fish but they do have other offerings on the menu.
I am dreaming about scallops right now....

2infinityandbeyond said:
Here's where I'd go w/o the kids:

Artist Point
Cal Grill
V & A
Bistro de Paris
Flying Fish (I think this is the most kid friendly of the "nice" places)
Yachtsman Steakhouse

I'd echo this list and add Jiko and Palio to it. It's too bad Citricos is not available on the two nights you tried - you would have loved it.

On a side note, we were at Bistro de Paris last Feb 14 and it was very romantic - in fact, a couple near us actually got engaged at the restaurant.

Thanks for all the suggestions. DH decided he really wants to go to France. It looks like Bistro de Paris is more expensive than Chefs de France. Is it worth more (in food quality and/or ambience?). Also, any recommendations on the quickest way to get there from WL? Since we're paying for the kids club, I'm thinking a taxi would be a good idea. Should we take it to the Epcot main gate, or to BC and walk thru the international gateway?

I vote for the California Grill. That is where DW and I celebrated our 1st anniversary and we are going to go back later this year. We loved it. Try to get a PS for the time that Wishes will be performed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter