Where to find a baked potato?

fizz13

<font color=33cc99>Dreams about being stuck on Spa
My DD's favourite food in the whole world is a baked potato with tuna/mayo topping. She is a child who will not eat burgers, hot dogs or pizza!?! So my question is, where can I find a baked potato in Disney World (tuna is optional)?

Thankyou for making my life easier,
Claire

I believe that you can get a baked potato at MK in Liberty Square right in front of the Liberty Belle. I saw them this past week.

There is an area in MGM that has food stands and I've gotten a baked potato there before. It was near Rock N roller coater. ANyone know if they still sell potatoes there or what it is called?

Hi,

I am not sure if they still have them at MGM or not. I remember where they were too but I don't think I saw them in October.

The only place I know you can get them for sure is at Sunshine Season Food Fair at Epcot but that is closed for a while now no? Well, when they are open the have a Fajita Chicken Potato and a Cheese & Bacon Potato.

I know there used to be more places. I had one at AK a few years ago that I think might be gone now.

Any chance she would concider a Nicoise Salad at Les Chefs de France? No? :rolleyes:

Yeah, Epcot - The Land is my vote, and you can also see if they can alter it for your DD, they have a food court, so you never know what kind of 'magic' they can make for your DD....eat well!

PrincessCandaceMarie said:
Yeah, Epcot - The Land is my vote, and you can also see if they can alter it for your DD, they have a food court, so you never know what kind of 'magic' they can make for your DD....eat well!

Unfortunatley the Land Pavillion will be closed during her stay :(

That was the only place I could think of, Try Liberty Square that location is not always there, it is one of those could be there, might not be as it is an outdoor food wagon not a permenant fixture.

I checked the menus on allears, and the place that used to have the baked potatoes at MGM does not have them anymore. Bummer! It was a great option for a healthy snack or lunch.

Thankyou for your work on my behalf. We will definately check out Liberty Square then, and hope she gets off her fussy wagon the rest of the time. Thanks a lot guys,
Claire

You wouldn't think that a baked potato would be that hard to find at WDW would you? I checked the menus too and I am surprised. You'd think that places that serve soup etc. might serve baked potatoes too. Luckily my kids can find other things they like but my boys are both in a major loving baked potatoes stage right now and I'd rather them eat that than fries.

If the Liberty Square location is open, you could get the baked potato and run right next door to Columbia Harbor House and get the tuna sandwich and put the tuna on the BP. And, there are outdoor tables literally right between the BP cart and CHH.

I'm also surprised to find out how hard it is to get a baked potatoe at WDW! I'm going to look for them in Feb.

De careful with the potatoes in the Liberty Square location. The last time I ordered one from there it was DISGUSTING! I think it had been sitting there for days and I ended up throwing it out after just one bite. I like baked potatoes too and it's too bad they're hard to find. Maybe there's a Wendy's near your resort?

My 80yo father is a meat & potato man. He thinks that a restaurant isn't a "fancy" restaurant if they don't serve baked potatoes with steak. I don't think any of the places we went had baked potatoes.

fizz, you might bring along some of those little foil packets of tuna. Maybe she'll eat them in mashed potatoes?

jennymouse said:
My 80yo father is a meat & potato man. He thinks that a restaurant isn't a "fancy" restaurant if they don't serve baked potatoes with steak. I don't think any of the places we went had baked potatoes.

Your father and my family think alike (of course I got it from MY Irish meat and potato loving father). They have baked potatoes at Pepper Market at CSR, Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary, and the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC (all only at dinner) but I'm not sure that any of those would be convenient for the OP and in the case of the Yachtsman, if you want a nice meal it is fine but a bit pricey to go there because they have baked potatoes. They really SHOULD have a baked potato kiosk where they have different toppings. I bet it would do well, especially in the winter.

I love baked potatoes too. I would think any of the steak restaurants would have them, I also think you might ask at some of the full service restaurants and they could bake one for your DD even if it's not on the menu. The tuna topping would present a larger challenge. :confused3

Anyone who's just come back know if the baked potato wagon at the MK is open? We go in a couple of weeks and baked potatoes are one of the few things my sister will eat. It would be perfect if it's open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter