Where to go for rollercoasters?

the4moores

Mouseketeer
My SIL is trying to talk my DB into going to WDW but he is not interested since he is more of a "rollercoaster" guy. Any suggestions of how to persuade my DB into making the trip to Florida. Does US/IOA have more rollercoasters that may interest him?

Yes, IOA has two really good coasters. Three, if you count the two separate tracks on Dueling Dragons (and they are completely different too). They also have several other good thrill rides. Also, all the other theme parks in the area (SeaWorld, Busch in Tampa) have coasters. Busch has some really good ones.

Another coaster enthusiast here. Islands of Adventure has 3 excellent steel coasters, Dueling Dragons (Ice and Fire) and Incredible Hulk.

The Dragons are inverted coasters from Bolliger & Mabillard. Ice has some awesome visuals from the front and Fire is a pretty intense ride (especially in the back) with great pacing. Hulk is a launched sit-down from Bolliger & Mabillard. The first half of the ride, especially the launch and first inversion, is top-notch. The second half is a little redundant, but still fun. All three are in my top-ten steel list (I've ridden 106 coasters).

Sea World also has Kraken, a B&M floorless coaster. Kraken is just plain a blast, not quite as intense as Fire Dragon, but it has a very nice mix of elements. It's another top ten steel coaster for me.

If you can drive to Tampa, Busch Gardens has several more coasters, the most notable being their B&Ms, the sit-down Kumba and the inverted Montu, and Gwazi, their dueling wooden coaster.

Central Florida certainly has plenty for the coaster enthusiast to enjoy.

I'd have to agree all three of the coasters at IOA are good, the hulk bordering on great. I love the launch of that coaster.

Also if you are willing to drive an hour or so, the many coasters (I forget how many they have) at Busch Gardens are good ones as well.

you can't go wrong with any of these ones in my book.

on a related topic, as I was getting a ride from my DVC preview tour to AK the driver heard my fiance and I talking about possibility of new park at WDW and he said he heard it may be a coaster park! (JUST A RUMOUR, take with a grain of salt)

Mike

Central Florida has a bunch of great coasters.

Disney-Space Mountain,Thunder Mountain,Barnstormer
MGM-Rock n Rollercoaster
Animal Kingdom-Primel Whirl(coming soon)

Busch Gardens-Montu,Kumba,Gwazi(2 dueling wooden coasters),Python, and Scorpion

IOA-Hulk,Dueling Dragons,Flying Unicorn
US-Woody Woodpecker

Sea World-Kraken

Old Town-Windstorm

A decent mix of coasters.

Also, there's the Starliner in Panama Beach, FL and the Hurricane in Dania Beach, FL. If you want to drive 6 hours, you can go to Valdosta, GA and go to Wild Adventures. There's the Cheetah and several steel coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter