Where to put id card on 2 year old

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
After reading all the threads about lost children i will be making id cards for my 2 children when we go in June. DD is 4 and I think i could probably make hers into a "necklace" that she could wear under her shirt. however DS is 2 and I know will not keep it on unless hidden, i was thinking through a belt loop but I don't think all his shorts would have belt links on them. Anyone have any good ideas of safe places to stick these.

Allison

I work with preschoolers, and we attach name tags to their backs, between their shoulder blades with a safety pin. While some ARE adept at reaching them and pulling them off, most will leave them alone. I would recommend trying it on an older shirt first, so that if he does yank it off and it leaves a small hole, he won't be ruining a good shirt.

Hope there are others out there with other ideas for you.

The nursery at the gym I go to uses small address labels that they stick to the kids backs. I plan to put OUR name and my cell phone number on an address label on my DS (3) back. The reason for not putting his name is probably being paranoid, but I have heard that sleazy folks will lure a child away by calling them by name.

We got a little disney "wallet" on a keychain (with pictures of Mickey), and hooked the keychain to the back of my DS's overalls or betloop. Even if he managed to get his hands on it, he didn't just throw it away because he liked the Mickey pictures. Plus, since it folded over with velcro, his name was on the inside and couldn't be seen unless you opened it.

He managed to keep it through the whole trip to WDW, and then lost it at the mall after we got home!:p Lost and found called us, though, and we got it back, so we'll be using it again on our next trip (16 Days 18 Hrs 46 Mins 40 Secs:D :D :D )

Hi,

This is the first time I have posted on these boards so I certainly hope I am doing this correctly.

When my son was small, my mother purchased a bright orange id tag that laced into his sneakers. I think she bought it at Walmart or Target. I'm sure there are probably internet sites that would sell similar items if you can't find them in a store or you could even use a dog tag & attatch it to his shoes. Most pet stores like Petco etc have machines that you can print a tag out right in the store.

I hope this idea helps others as much as all the great ideas I have received from reading other peope's posts.

Anne S

Anne:

Welcome to DIS!

You did fine on your first post :). I've also heard about the idea of attaching something to the shoes. I don't think my DD will put up with that, though. She would be grabbing at it all day and it would annoy me after ... oh ... 3 or 4 attempts. She's used to having a sticker on her back from visiting the YMCA, so I think I'll just make a few labels :).

We write our cell phone number on masking tape and place it on the inside of the kids collar.

Do the CM's know to look on the inside of the collar for information?
I decided to go with a small tinted ID tag i can loop on her belt loop, shoe, etc. It will be small enough that a creep can't read it but noticeable enough for a CM to get info.
I'll put cell phone number, FRS frequency number, and a telephone number of grandparent back home.
Bill

I'm not worried that someone will know her name--if they listen to us for 2 seconds they'll hear it, and she won't come when called anyway--lol. I am afraid that she (Lauren--age 2) will run, wander, stray. I'm going to use all these ideas--tag on shoe, card in fanny pack (it has a leash) and stickers on shirts. And I'll cross my fingers!!:jester:

26 days to go

My daughter usually wears an ID bracelet we ordered offline because we go to a lot of activites and she wanders when she sees something she likes. She is 3yrs old. So I ordered another to be made for 7.00 with our names, hotel, and room number. That way they can call our hotel if they have found her.

We are leaving early Friday morning , so today I was ironing and packing. I already have DS's outfit laying out for him to wear and a sticker with our cell # is already on it! I just put it right on the front of his shirt or on his back (if you think they will touch it). I like to have it in plain view in case DS panics and forgets what I told him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter