Where to rent a house in SD

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
We're doing a 2 week trip next summer and are trying to find a good place to rent houses. We'll probably rent for 1 week in Anaheim, but are more likely to spend the other week in the San Diego area (Zoo, Sea World, Legoland, downtown, etc...). We've looked at Carlsbad/Oceanside (which is near Legoland), but that is still quite a ways from most of the rest of the San Diego attractions. Any other suggestions regarding a good spot for house rentals? I'd appreciate the input.

There are lots of rentals available in the Mission Bay/Mission Beach area, but since those are all on the water they are fairly pricey. That area is close to Sea World and not too far from the Zoo, downtown, and other attractions - certainly much closer than Carlsbad is!

The high season in San Diego is from July 4th to the middle of August. The most expensive homes in Mission Beach--my favorite place to stay--are right on the boardwalk. Homes on what's called courtside and bayside, are less expensive. Should you decide on Mission Beach, south Mission is quieter. Avoid staying near Belmont Park and the shops at all costs!! That's where most of the locals come to hang out at the beach and it gets crazy!.

My DSIL lives in Carlsbad, and the drive into San Diego isn't that bad. I would say about 45 minutes south the the Zoo or SeaWorld, and about an hour up to Anaheim. In fact, we're doing that this coming Spring Break.

My DMIL just moved out to LaJolla, another beautiful place. Not sure about home rentals there.

I guess your location depends upon price and what area you are going to spend most of your time. Have fun with your planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter