where to spend free day? SeaWorld?

BigCujo

Earning My Ears
We are newlyweds spending our honeymoon at WDW. We will be at the Port Orleans FQ from Aug.26 to Sep.2,2001. I am a first-timer to WDW, the wife has been before in 1992. She says I will be disappointed if I don't see Everything (WDW, Universal, IOA,SeaWorld). I realize that I can't see "Everything Orlando" in just one week. I am fine with this, I have never been on a vacation of this magnitude before so I know everything will be great. I figured we could do WDW etc. in 6 days that leaves me one Disney-free day. We are in our late 20's with no children. We both love zoos and aquariums,but also love thrill rides. If you could spend 1 day with a first-timer, would you choose SeaWorld or Islands of Adventure? which is better for adults?? which gives you more for the money?? I figure SeaWorld is more relaxing. We might need a slow down day in the middle of the week. I am leaning towards SeaWorld. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?? HELP US DECIDE.

Busch Gardens is great for a disney free day. They have animals, shows and great thrill rides. But you might have filled your animal quota at the Animal Kingdom but Busch Gardens is still great and our family loves going there on "non disney" days.

I definitely recommend Sea World. The shows are good, the park is well themed, and there a couple of thrill rides. It is a completely different experience than Animal Kingdom and it has some romance to it. You will also find it much less crowded and more laid back then the WDW or Universal parks.

I would go with the flow and see what you feel like doing that morning. SW and IOA are both great parks but very different experiences. IOA has more thirlls and Spiderman is awsome but the best coaster in Orlando IMHO is Kraken at SW.

I would choose Sea World. It will be a nice, relaxing break from the "let's go on that ride" that you will have done for 6 days! -- A nice change of pace.....

We went to Sea World on our honeymoon eons ago ;) and we had a real nice time. It was definitely quieter but they didn't have the thrill rides back then either. I love animals too and really love this park.

Sea World is definately more relaxing, but after 6 days at the parks, you may just want to sleep in and hang out by the pool!

Sea World is great. It is not an action packed day, it is pretty and relaxing. Definatley SW if you want to take it slow and not do many rides. IOA and Universal are awesome for their thrill rides. If you are both ride people you can't beat it. I don't do Universal as much anymore since I have a 2 year old, but IMHO they have the best rides. I am a big Disney person, but the rides just can't compare, especially the coasters and Back to the Future. You will probably spend more time at IOA then at SW. Just decide how you want to attack that day and make your decision then. See how the mood strikes you.

SWO gets my vote. It is by far my favorite theme/amusement park in the country. If you love animals, the exhibits/shows at SWO can't be beat. If you like coasters, you can ride Kraken, floorless coaster as many times as you want with minimum wait time. Atlantis, water ride/coaster ride is great fun also. But the main attractions are the animals and shows. If you only have one day, be sure to get a show schedule and pick and choose which shows you really want to see and plan your day accordingly.

We just got back and spent a day and half there. There was also a free shuttle bus from the hotel where we stayed. I don't know if there is one from a Disney Hotel or not.

I went last year by myself while hubby was in a meeting and I told he had to go this park. So this year we went down a day early so he could go and he loved it.

SW is a great park. Much slower paced (as a rule) than the other parks.

But IOA is GREAT for thrill rides! You might consider taking a WDW and going there instead.

My DH and I just returned and spent 3 days at Sea World! We took the Polar Tour (they have 3 Behind the Scenes tours) and I was able to touch a real penguin! Besides that, they have a great sit-down restaurant, Bimini Bay, with a nice view of the lagoon, as well as: shops, luau, shows, tours, thrill rides, lots of animal interaction, and 2 really good nightly shows. Sea World is great because everyone does it at their own pace, and it makes for a fantastic break from the hectic pace of Disney and Universal. Good luck and congratulations!
Tiger:jester:

I'd go for SW as well. The park is not overly crowded (most times I've been there) and I find that you can take your time and view the exhibits and take in the shows. The thrill rides of course allow you to kick it up a notch should you feel the need. Again, it's a great place and a good way to spend the day there. :)

Take it easy!
You are paying to stay at a "Resort" hotel so sit back and Relax.
The Pool at Port Orleans FQ is Fun for all and if you plan on doing all that you have listed, you really will need a break.
One of the biggest contributing factors to theme park vacationeers lack of enjoyment is trying to do too much.
Leading your family on some sort of Commando Raid on Orlando's theme parks will only cause you grief.
Take it easy on your vacation. You probably work to hard already and this should be your time to relax.
Orlando is not going anywhere and anything worth seeing will be there next time you visit.
HAVE FUN

Originally posted by Tony M
Take it easy!
You are paying to stay at a "Resort" hotel so sit back and Relax.
The Pool at Port Orleans FQ is Fun for all and if you plan on doing all that you have listed, you really will need a break.

tony m is right, it is your honeymoon.
for my third marriage honeymoon we went to Marco Island and i still have great memories of the thrill ride.:smooth: :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter