Where To Stay Before Cruise, And Car Rental

bengals01

DIS Veteran
IF YOU RENT A CAR FROM AVIS AT THE AIRPORT, WHERE DO YOU DROP IT OFF NEAR THE PORT, ALSO NEED A ROOM FOR THE NIGHT AND HOW TO GET TO PORT FROM HOTEL

All of that can be done simply at one place - the Radisson. The drop off for Avis is at the Radisson. If you stay there you can also take the free shuttle (either the Radisson's or Avis) over to the port in the morning.

We've done it on our last two cruises and it worked great!

You don't even have to stay there to be able to take a shuttle...Avis has its own shuttle as well from that location. You can fly in that morning, rent a car at the airport, drop it off at Avis at the Radisson and hop the shuttle over to the port.

The Radisson is a very nice property...we have stayed there 3 times before our cruises...great pool area!!!

MJ

I have to agree with WDWLVR and mmouse37, The Radisson/Avis location is very convenient for Hotel and rental car return. We've stayed there during all 4 of our previous cruises and will be using them again for our upcoming Magic cruise in May.

bengals01, what part of Cincinnati do you live in? I grew up in Butler county.

I'll agree with the previous posters also! We fly in the day ahead of time and my kids love spending the day at their pool! Very relaxing start to our vacation. Will be doing it again this June...also renting car from airport, driving to Radisson and returning it to Avis there...couldn't be more convenient!

We originally had an AVIS rental from MCO to Raddision AVIS rental center (we are flying in the day before in case of any weather delays with our flight and staying at Raddision for the night )and then after the cruise, an AVIS rental for our 8 days at Disney then drop off at MCO.

We always look for better rental prices any trip we take as the weeks get closer. We now have a 12 day rental with National for a Full Size car instead of a 9 day Intermediate size car for $30 less than the AVIS reservations. Since we chose the 1 Bedroom Cruise Ship Package at the Raddision we also get free parking for the duration of the cruise and shuttle service to/from the Disney port.

Bigger car, more time, $30 less and no daily parking fee's. And I will still keep looking till the last day for any better deals.

We will be staying at the Radisson the night before our cruise in August. However, we are renting a car from Budget for half the cost we were quoted from Avis. The Budget drop off loaction is down the street from the Radisson. Budget also has shuttle service to and from the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter