Where To stay???

MomTo5MickeyLovers

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I need advice on where to stay for our first trip to WDW! It will be hubby and I, and our 5 small children, ages 8 down to 2 years. I would like it to be near Disney, possibly a condo-type resort with a small kitchen to cook some meals, and most of all have a great pool! We have a pool at home, so a simple swimming pool isn't going to impress the kids, we're looking for something with a slide or two, maybe zero-depth entry. I'd like a short drive to the parks too, nothing over 15 minutes at MOST. I like the look of the Blue heron, but their pool is very simple. Ok, so give me your best ideas!! Thanks so much!!!:)

Bonnet Creek is a short drive. We were in bldg 6 and it had a slide and a zero entry pool. There are also more pools/slides. You would also have a kitchen. The 2 bedroom sleeps 8 (I think), or you could get a 3 or 4 bedroom.

we loved this house and we have kids also it does have a regular pool but they do have a great playground outback (its close enough to see your kids if your sitting on the pool deck but we never had a problem with other kids on the playground and us feeling like they were invading on our privacy) had a great game room also and Very close(like 7 maybe 10 mins depending on what park you were going to) full kitchen it was great. so much in fact we are going back this aug:banana:

http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/...lorida-vacation-rental-villa-proID-61533.html

BTW the owners were great to deal with any questions we had they got right back to us(usally within an hour or two)

Thanks! Anywhere else besides Bonnet Creek? It's a little pricey from what I can tell, but definitely a possibility! Thanks!!

Check out Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa. Its located on 535, about 5 minutes to the Disney gates, probably 20 minutes tops to Animal Kingdom (furthest away). They have 1,2,3, and 4 bedroom suites. Full kitchens, 2 pools, and a little restaurant and pizza hut express. I've heard thats pricey but the rooms are cheap!

Staybridge Suites is also nice but only has 1 and 2 bedrooms. Not sure if that would be enough room for you, but they also have full kitchens. Its also located on 535, same distance as the above one, just in the opposite direction. They also have one on International Drive so make sure you're looking at the 535 one. Theres a grocery store next door in walking distance, as well as a Papa Johns Pizza. Tons of restaurants around too.

One more thing- They both have shuttle service but Staybridge is much better. We didn't use either, but Staybridge is a Disney good neighbor hotel so there is more frequent shuttles. Lake Buena Vista only has one and it only goes to EPCOT I believe, so you would then have to transfer which would be a hassle with kids.

We are planning our second trip to stay at the Wyndham Cypress Palms. It's fairly close to parks, clean, roomy. However, the pools aren't as nice and fancy as Bonnet Creek. It is a nice property and a little more inexpensive than BC. We have a pool at home, too, but have learned that our son doesn't care what kind of pool a place has, he's going to want to swim in it anyway. Also, we typically go to the water parks, so that makes the lack of a fancy pool less of an issue.

Windsor Hills has a zero entry pool, only one slide though as well as the little fountains that shoot up from sidewalks (not sure what else to call it.)

It is very close to the parks but I'm not sure if the pool is fancy enough for you. Honestly though we always end up spending way less time in the pool than we think we are going to.

You might also look into renting DVC points.

I would look at renting a condo or home. DVC resorts are beautiful but evening renting points from someone would be alot more money than renting a condo or home. I like the VRBO website, you can narrow it down by neighborhood. Windsor Hills seems like the most popular. There are tons of photos and reviews.

Thanks! Anywhere else besides Bonnet Creek? It's a little pricey from what I can tell, but definitely a possibility! Thanks!!

Check out the Bonnet Creek Thread. It is fairly reasonable as long as you do not book it directly through Wyndham. Many peopl have said they have gotten a 2 bedroom condo there for a week for about $1000 (give or take).

We rented from Dave Robinson at vacationcentralflorida.com for a Windsor Hills condo. We had a really nice 3 BR condo at a reasonable price. They have a nice pool with a slide.:)

Thank you everyone!! I think for sure we want a condo and not a home, I will check out everything ya'll suggested. I appreciate the info, thank you so much!!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter