Where would you stay?

We have three favorites, the treehouse villas at SSR, Kidani village, and BLT. I think we might swap BLT for GFV once we stay there but we can't separate our favorites so we do split stays. Treehouses for doing HS and EPCOT and offsite, Kidani for doing AK and BLT or GFV for doing MK.

If for some wierd reason, DVC told me our family could only stay at OKW, I'd be very happy. I love OKW. It's the most relaxing and comfortable. It feels more like home than almost any of the others to me.

We haven't tried OKW yet. My preference would be Boardwalk. The kiddie pool is just right for little kids and your 5year old might be adventurous enough for the clown slide.

We were at BCV in May for DD's 1st birthday. She did not like the pool. I don't know if it was the sand, the water, or the size of the pool. She pretty much clung to my DH the whole time. She has no problems at the BLT pool for the first half of our trip. DS (3.5 at the time) loved playing in the sand. But DS always asked to go back to AKV. He loves the animals and the water area (Kidani).

The only draw back for AKV is the longer bus rider to MK/Epcot/DHS. Having diaper bags, strollers, and other stuff is a pain in the butt.

I typically see two camps on the DisBoards. Those who go for location and those that go for theme/relaxation.
Put me in the camp of location fan.

I am also a "in the camp of location" fan.

I would choose either BWV or BCV for the ability to walk to 2 parks. Both are great resorts.

Then, I'd pick AKV for the unique aspect and it's a beautiful resort as well.

Last would be OKW only because you have already stayed there and I think it's fun to try new places.

Have a great trip!

I typically see two camps on the DisBoards. Those who go for location and those that go for theme/relaxation.
we belong in the all-of-the-above third camp :)
we prefer quiet, elegant resorts, that have easy access to a lot of activities.....places where we can go for a beautiful stroll, quiet nooks for reading/hushed conversations, pools where both napping and actual swimming are possible plus
short strolls to satisfy grey goose slushie cravings (yum!), to watch a show or ride an attraction, lots to do/see within minutes of our room (without noise or crowds affecting the quiet grandeur of our resort).

spontaneity and varied options to satisfy that spontaneity are priorities - we want it all :thumbsup2

OP: i would opt for kidani - i has the best combo of adult & child appeal, AND an extra bathroom. have fun deciding!

We stayed at BCV for the first time in May. There are many positives to the area, but SAB was a little nerve wracking for us. DS8 and DD11 are both strong swimmers. The layout and crowds though made it hard to keep a watch on them. Of course, they wanted to use the pool slide which is situated out of the main area across the path. We had a hard time keeping track of the kids so I ended up going on the slide with them more than I cared to!

The pool crowds seemed more than other resorts and it was difficult to find a chair some days.

I love OKW and AKL! Both I think would be great for children of your ages.

My wife and I have stayed at OKW twice. BCV once, and VWL. We have wanted to try BWV because it gives you the same value for points use as OKW. OKW is good, but less amenities. Really like BC. AKV is ok if you get Jambo House. We really did not care for Kidani due to the distance from Jambo. I agree the bus service is long time. I think the resort you pick is dependent on what you need, but if you plan to spend a lot of time certain parks also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter