• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which ADR to keep for arrival day dinner? (Storybook or Akershus)

Jessirip

Mouseketeer
Hi there. Looking for a little help from those in the know about travel times etc. Our flight lands at 1pm (assuming on-time) and we are taking Magical Express to POFQ. Arrival by 3ish?

We have a 4 and 7 year old.

Option 1: Storybook Dining at Artist Point at 4:35... think we'll make it OK? We would take a Minnie Van from POFQ to save on transport time. After dinner would probably boat to MK for a few rides then take the bus back to our resort. I'm keen on an earlier night as we have MK EMM the next day.

Option 2: Akershus at 5:15. Assuming we'll have plenty of time to take a bus from POFQ but again will Minnie Van it if needed. Then we'd already be in Epcot our first night.

Option 2 was always my plan, and we have a Storybook Dining on the books for our final evening at 4:55... however we are also doing the HEA after party our last night and I may want to not have any other ADRs to worry about on our last day in MK.

We do have 2 more Epcot days so could do Akershus later in the week for our princess loving kiddos.

Thanks for any thoughts. :)

IMHO, neither. You never know about flight delays or if you will wait for M.E.

If you are going to keep one, I would do Akershus at 5:15. I would keep trying to get a later time at Storybook Dining though as that seems, to me, like less hassle then going in Epcot 1st to eat.

Either way, I would budget in Uber or Minnie Van. It will make it so much less stressful. I hope y'all have a great trip.

I would go with option 1. Enjoy your Storybook Dining and characters. And then over to MK, and viewing the castle as you stroll down Main Street. Sounds like a great way to start your vacay!

Do the Storybook dining. you are dead on that you may not want to have that on your last night...especially since you have the HEA thing as an "event" for that last night. plus there is nothing like seeing MK that first night to kick the vacay off...

Edited to add, yes in my experience over many trips you will have more than enough time to make it to either. Assuming no flight delays of course.

Plus with going to Epcot you will have to deal with security, going through the tapstiles, and then walking all the way back to Norway, which could easily add 20 minutes on to the time you get dropped off.

I would do storybook! It seems like the harder ADR to get right now and I have heard amazing things about it. Timing may make it a little stressful. But hopefully nothing would be delayed.

Thanks so much all. I think we will stick with Story Book (trying for a slightly later time still) and be prepared to Minnie Van it if need be. I may still keep our ADR at the end of the week just in case our flight is delayed... but will remember to cancel it if not. Thanks again, very excited!

Thanks so much all. I think we will stick with Story Book (trying for a slightly later time still) and be prepared to Minnie Van it if need be. I may still keep our ADR at the end of the week just in case our flight is delayed... but will remember to cancel it if not. Thanks again, very excited!

I would keep this one but try to make it later. The Minnie Van is a fun way to get to the restaurant IMO, and was a highlight for me.

Personally, if you could secure an Akershus breakfast, the kids might love that one. I like Akershus breakfast a lot.

I would keep this one but try to make it later. The Minnie Van is a fun way to get to the restaurant IMO, and was a highlight for me.

Personally, if you could secure an Akershus breakfast, the kids might love that one. I like Akershus breakfast a lot.

Thanks! We have an 11am Akershus the day after Fantasmic so we can drag a little in the morning. I was going to do lunch but think the kids will like breakfast foods better. Excited to try it!

Thanks! We have an 11am Akershus the day after Fantasmic so we can drag a little in the morning. I was going to do lunch but think the kids will like breakfast foods better. Excited to try it!

It was a favorite of my girls. They loved it more than CRT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter