Which Cruise Line?

sdrsdd

Mouseketeer
We are looking at RC, Carnival, & Norwegian for July 2015. We have 3 kids--ages 13, 10, 7 (hopefully will want to go to Kids Club at least sometimes so reviews of those would be great)---also going will be my hubby, and my parents. Disney is just way TOO $$$ and kids are getting older anyway.

(Caribbean and Alaska are the destinations we are looking at.) Any help is MUCH APPRECIATED!

I havent done RC but hear its good for older kids

We just did a carnival cruise and had a great time. Our young kids loved the kids club and never wanted to leave. I thought carnival had great food options. So many choices for lunch...tandoori,grill, deli, Mongolian wok, burritos, the buffet, pasta bar, and of course pizza. The pizza was really good. If you go on 7 day cruise it is lots of families. We never saw the crazy partying that people write about.

We did NCL before we had kids. We enjoyed that cruise too.

I would choose by itinerary and then price

Thank you! We are actually looking at a 8 day Caribbean Carnival Cruise! Happy to hear your good review! How old were your kids when you went on the cruise?

We are looking at RC, Carnival, & Norwegian for July 2015. We have 3 kids--ages 13, 10, 7 (hopefully will want to go to Kids Club at least sometimes so reviews of those would be great)---also going will be my hubby, and my parents. Disney is just way TOO $$$ and kids are getting older anyway.

(Caribbean and Alaska are the destinations we are looking at.) Any help is MUCH APPRECIATED!

We just sailed on the Norwegian Getaway a week ago. I have 16,14, 11,9 and the teens loved Entourage and other loved Splash Academy. On top of that the water slides and drop slides, obstacle course, rock climbing wall was way more than enough. If that get old their was a bowling alley and arcade. My kids loved the kids club. The teens did a lot of behind the scene type stuff. They toured the galley, the bridge, and through crew alley. They also took the teens to Tropicana main Dining room to eat one night. They did have their own glow party and ship scavenger hunt. My Splash Academy kids had more theme nights Survior night, pajama jam night, Pirate Night, etc. I mean over all it was WAY more for all of my kids to do. We enjoyed the Getaway its a new ship and we never, never heard someone was bored!
Food the Garden Buffet kept my teens satisfied with Waffle Fries and burgers and we did eat a couple of meals at the Taste and Savor MDR. We enjoyed the cruise. WE had 2 Family Suites so they had their own cabin.
We are looking Into Royal Carribbean because we have heard such positive reviews for them.
I love all things Disney but with our size family, I could send my teen to Jr College for the price it would cost us to get 2 cabins on DCL. We would love to but its just not in our price range at all but found NCL to be a great fit for us. We hope to experience RC next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter