Which did you prefer?

I've never been to Alaska, never felt any calling to go. I enjoy tropical weather and Caribbean islands.

Two totally different trips. We liked the both for very different reasons. Alaska is more of a sightseeing trip. There are plenty of adventures too. It is not about relaxing by the pool our sunning on the deck. It is much more about engaging with your surroundings. It is awe inspiring.

Caribbean has more what I would call lazy time. There are still things to see and do, but there really is more down time. Even the sea day in Alaska offers plenty of unique sights and surroundings as you are never really far from land. The sea days in the Caribbean are more about the ship and the onboard activities.

I am very much a warm weather person.However, I think Alaska was the more unique trip and I do think I enjoyed it more. I never wanted to go, but it was on my DH bucket list. When DCL started sailing there, I knew this was his chance. If ever there was a way I would enjoy Alaska, it would be with Disney. Now I have been there and would absolutely consider cruising there again even on another cruise line.

Caribbean is one you'll want to do over and over. Alaska is far more impressive but it's more of a once in a lifetime trip.

You will not regret Alaska if you go that route. Few places are more awe inspiring.

I agree with pp. Caribbean can happen much more frequently than Alaska. I can see going to Alaska a few times over my lifetime, but I could take a Caribbean cruise multiple times a year for the rest of my life!

Caribbean is one you'll want to do over and over. Alaska is far more impressive but it's more of a once in a lifetime trip.

You will not regret Alaska if you go that route. Few places are more awe inspiring.
I am tired of the Bahamas and Caribbean, but would love to return to Alaska. Why? Beautiful scenery and a refreshing change from hot summers at home.

I am tired of the Bahamas and Caribbean, but would love to return to Alaska. Why? Beautiful scenery and a refreshing change from hot summers at home.

Exactly.

Also, the port towns in Alaska are more fun to explore than the Caribbean ports with all the panhandlers.

Some people prefer cruises with a lot of beach time. We prefer the pine trees and glaciers. To each their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter