• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Disney Resort?

Olaf Myfrenzargay

Mouseketeer
Hello everybody, Am planning for a week in late March with my nine year old Son (Dad/son annual trip). Was there last year the last full week of normalcy and it was magical. Given current situation, and the 35% off offer, which of the open Disney Deluxes (or moderates) currently has most available amenities given the 35% off deal and situation?

I have stayed in the past at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Hotel side), Wilderness Lodge (hotel), Boardwalk (villas), Beach Club (hotel), CBR, AOA (wouldn’t stay again), Coronado (which I loved).

Due to current situation, and traveling with child, am thinking Yacht Club, Polynesian (for the amazing pools mostly) and then perhaps a moderate like Caribbean Beach Resort or Coronado Springs (both of which I have stayed at before, and am contemplating solely for the pools and value). I always like to do a three hotel split stay to spice things up And get the two of us moving. Not thinking Kidani solely due to due to lack of food options, although I hear the pool there is great for kids And the resort overall is spectacular, as we all know, in normal times.

Really appreciate it and happy Disney to all.

If we're strictly talking Value and Amenities, I have to say that Coronado checks those boxes for me. Plus, the main pool is great and the smaller pools suit me too. Great food. Great CMs. Beautiful property. Easy bus access no matter what building you're in. I have nothing but good things to say about Coronado.

If we're strictly talking Value and Amenities, I have to say that Coronado checks those boxes for me. Plus, the main pool is great and the smaller pools suit me too. Great food. Great CMs. Beautiful property. Easy bus access no matter what building you're in. I have nothing but good things to say about Coronado.
I’m so glad to read this! We just booked GDT for Thanksgiving, and we are excited to explore a new resort. We almost always stay deluxe, so this was a leap for us!

Hotel side of Poly would not be open for late March, neither is hotel sides of AKL, Wilderness, Beach Club. Yacht club would give you 2 park walking access plus Stormalong bay if you want Deluxe. GDT at Coronado Springs is very nice. The food options are a bit limited though. You could also look at Swan and Dolphin.

Have you considered the Riviera? The pools are good, it’s on the Skyliner, and the QS is excellent.

Food is quite limited at Coronado at the moment from what I’ve seen so I would hesitate. And as much as I love the Poly to bits I would not recommend a first stay there now with the construction going on.

Would you be open to GF? It has similarly nice pools to Poly and the monorail loop will expand your dining options, you can always walk next door to check out what is open at Poly. Plus you can walk to MK now.

My son is 10 and I’ve done many dad/son trips all over WDW, but Poly is always both of our first choice. It’s just such an easy resort for a solo parent and the pools, beaches, recreation, etc just all really work well for both of us.

I am sensitive to the construction though. We were just there and had a great trip as always, but we know what to expect, have stayed there through worse (2014-2015 era), and were still able to enjoy much of the same Poly experience we value. First timers or those that want the full experience may have a different perspective and I stop short of saying with conviction that one should still go in Poly’s current state. They are eventually going to move on to the longhouses closer to the DVC side and construction around the grounds will be become more visible, so that’s another observation.

That being said, since you’re not talking about your whole trip then it’s probably a good time to give it a try. In some ways it’s kind of interesting to see a resort in transition, it’s a unique time without the normal Poly hustle/bustle/crowds, and it gives you something to compare it to for future trips where you may stay again.

If this were us, I like the sound of a Poly, YC, CSR split. Thore are three rather distinct locations/experiences and give a great cross-section of fun, IMO.

I’m so glad to read this! We just booked GDT for Thanksgiving, and we are excited to explore a new resort. We almost always stay deluxe, so this was a leap for us!
I don't think you'll be disappointed. As you can see by my signature, we stay there often (but not exclusively), so I have a good perspective on CSR. It's really beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter