Which DVC resort has best bus service?

You are going to get lots of opinions about this, but it is a very subjective question. Time of visit and time of day are going to influence all three. People are also going to favor a certain resort for other reasons. Anyway, MY opinion is that OKW has the best service. BW has to share its service with other resorts and SSR buses are continuing to have lots of DTD traffic.

Thats just my opinion FWIW.

I've stayed at all of the DVC resorts, and IMHO SSR has the best bus service. It's not shared, the roads are wide, and multiple buses can load or unload at once.

HHI and VB are tied for the worst. :)

SSR and OKW are a tie, Boardwalk has lousey service because the bus is shared, however, you can walk or take a boat to both EPCOT and Disney Studios, so really you would only need a bus for DTD, AK, and MK.

Anything but Boarwalk, worst bus service I've had at ANY disney resort, DVC or not.

I can only compare SSR and BWV. SSR has much better bus service that BWV. SSR busses are not shared and make direct trips to all of the parks. I haven't really felt crowded on SSR buses either. BWV busses stop, at minimum, the Swan and Dolphin hotels before continuing on. I have heard (though not experienced) that they sometimes also stop at the BC and YC.

I think OKW were great. I like the fact they do not stop at any other resorts. And have a few stops within the resort so if you want to go visit your friends, you can stay on

The bus service at all 3 resorts suck.

The bus service at all 3 resorts are excellent.

It's all subjective and to be quite honest bus service at any resort is hit or miss.

We had no problems whatsoever with bus service @ BWV. No more than a 10 to 15 minute wait.

The fact that you don't wait for a bus to MGM or EPCOT is a nice plus too...

Can't comment on the other two b/c we haven't stayed there.

It truly does depend on when you go but based on summer trips to all 3, OKW and SSR are tied.

Having used buses extensively at both SSR and BWV, I can say that I will avoid buses at BWV any time I can. The only worst bus experience I've had is Pop Century (because of numbers). For me, the frequency isn't the issue - it's the stops at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, and Beach Club that really drag the trip out.

SSR seems to be much quicker, even though you still have 3-4 stops in the resort itself. (Big difference picking people up at several spots in same resort, versus visiting different resorts. The stops are shorter and much closer together.)

I don't know how it is in the afternoon slow times, but the morning schedule at BWV seem to have the MK bus starting at BW, then going to swan, Dolphin and MK. The morning AK bus was hitting all 5 resorts last May, don't know if that has changed with AK's increased popularity. Haven't tried the Downtown Disney bus, but I imagine it would stop at all 5 resorts, too.

Dirk

I'd probably vote for SSR just because you also have access to the DTD busses to be able to get to other resorts easily (not to mention DTD itself!).

OTOH, while people are rightfully bashing BWV bus service, I do think that the comment that you can walk to 2 parks from there is worth noting. Balance crowded buses and potential waits for 2 parks with no crowds or waiting for 2 others and it's probably a wash.

Also, I'm always curious why people complain about the BWV bus situation but you rarely hear people complain about the BCV bus situation. :confused3

OTOH, while people are rightfully bashing BWV bus service, I do think that the comment that you can walk to 2 parks from there is worth noting. Balance crowded buses and potential waits for 2 parks with no crowds or waiting for 2 others and it's probably a wash.
I'm not sure it's bashing so much as sharing experiences - difference of motive!

Anyway - the walking to 2 other parks is a nice plus - but it has it's drawbacks as well. In the summer heat, the walk to the Studios, or from the Studios at the end of a long day - can be quite the challenge. Personally, I like walking, but not in the extreme heat when I'm already going to be outside most of the day. This one is probably a subjective pleasure.

Also, I'm always curious why people complain about the BWV bus situation but you rarely hear people complain about the BCV bus situation. :confused3
That's a very good question. My take is that BCV is near the end of the AK run, and YC & BC have their own bus for the MK run so you they migh not wait as long. Plus - you really are just steps away from Epcot and at the midpoint of the friendship launch route to MGM. Not bad at all.

Dirk

BWV is by far the best for us.

EPCOT......zero minutes.:thumbsup2
MGM........zero minutes.:thumbsup2
MK..........last to board, first off (walk over the bridge back from S/D).
AK..........least visited park but it did stop at BB on the way there and back.

In the summer heat, the walk to the Studios, or from the Studios at the end of a long day - can be quite the challenge. Personally, I like walking, but not in the extreme heat when I'm already going to be outside most of the day. This one is probably a subjective pleasure.
True ! While walking to the park "can" be a plus, it can also be a negative. Examples would be heat/humidity; just plain exhausted after a long day in the parks and then a 15++ min walk (depending on whether you are in Future World or World Showcase) back to resort can seem like forever in the elements (once we got caught in a drenching downpour walking back to BWV---would have much preferred a bus ride). Especially if you are spending most of your time in Future World it can be a major hike back to the BWV area.

So like I said, for us personally, the ability to walk to some of the parks can be a plus or a negative. It was too exhausting for mil---we took the boat and that can have the same amount of waits as the busses easily. As for the BWV busses---we only used them to get to and from the MK and found them to be longer with the extra stops. One night we wanted to go to EMH and between the wait and the bus ride, it took 50+ min to get to the MK from the BWV bus stop. We lost an hour of EMH.

I've never used SSR busses, but would have to say we feel OKW busses are terrific. But of course, for those that like to walk to the parks, this is not an option at OKW/SSR, so that is again where the plusses and minuses come in. It's all subjective as someone said.

Hands down, its SSR and OKW!

Absolutely - OKW is my favorite resort but I think the SSR bus routes around the resort are somewhat better in that they don't have the turns and turn around points that OKW does so it seems quicker to make the full trip around the resort. Both are better than BWV or BCV any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter