Which Hotel

IGDDDF

Earning My Ears
I just made two reservations. One for 6/26 - 7/3 at Hotel Royal Plaza and one for 7/7 - 7/14 at the ASMovies. As a solo traveler which one would you prefer? Which one is safest. Has anyone ever went solo at either one of these places. What was your experience? Wow! Lots of ?s.

Also, the latter one involves the Fairytale package. What do you think?

You'll probably get varied answers on this one...

The Fantasy Package could change my opinion. Have you figured out the value of the UPH that comes with this package?

Personally, as a solo traveler I'd take the Hotel Royal Plaza, for several reasons:

I don't care for the Allstar Resorts when I'm traveling alone. Too many kids, too noisy, too far a walk from the hotel to the parking lot and back.

The rooms at HRP, in my opinion, are bigger, and nicer.

The location of the Hotel Plaza Blvd. resorts is excellent if you're spending most of your time in either the Epcot area or DTD/PI, which I do.

I don't give a squat about resort transportation, because I always have a car and prefer to get myself around. With a DTD location, getting places is quick, and any time taken by traffic is equalized by the fact that as a solo, you're on your own time schedule. No waiting for others in your group gives you freedom to make up for any loss of time spent driving, which is minimal (I'd say miniscule) from a DTD hotel.

If I was with a group with children, I'd take the ASR. But as a solo traveler, the only pluses I see with ASR for you: It IS a really neatly themed complex; if you won't have a car (or will have one but would prefer provided transportation), the DTD transportation system isn't the greatest, but the ASR transportation is pretty good; and most important, what's the value of the whole package, conidering the included UPH?

I should add that I consider both areas, within the WDW property, to be extremely safe.

Pat

I have not received a price quote yet from the Unlimited travel place recommended. However, I was advised by Mary from Mousesavers that HRP was my best bet also.

I really appreciated your quick response and your opion. I think I'll take it.:smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc

Having been to WDW several times before solo, I can try and give you my opinion. Since I never leave WDW property, I always stay on-property, never rent a car & utilize WDW Transportation. I've stayed at both the moderates and deluxes solo and never once had a problem, especially with security. I take the right precautions (double lock my room doors, carry very little money, keep aware of my surroundings, etc.) and have enjoyed every trip.

Considering how little time, you'll actually be in your room, I think the All Stars would be fine. If you can, why not try Caribbean Beach.

IGDDDF the All stars Have a lot of familys and are really
for then I would stay at the Royal Plaza.
AT the All stars there is know night life you have to go to PI
to go to a Bar to have some fun. I didn't like the All stars for
that.But if you don't drink then go to the All stars.

I've stayed at All Stars twice solo-once at Music, once at Sports. Never been able to get a discount rate at Movies, otherwise I'd stay there. I'd definitely feel safer staying at any WDW resort. I didn't feel there were any more families there than any other resort (after all, it's Disney, there's lots of families and children everywhere). So I'd recommend All-Stars without a doubt for safety reasons.

Thank you everyone for you kind and generous opinions.

I think that I will be staying at the HRP. This is because for a less money (than the value) I can stay ina room that is equal to WDW moderate resorts.

I really appreciate all of the responses. God Bless!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter