Which Marriott MVC for most resort-like feel plus Disney & Uni?

BostonEd

I'd rather be skiing.
Currently considering a resort-heavy trip next spring. Probably hit Universal for one or two days, and maybe just one day in the MK! Or maybe we'll add an Epcot day too.

Anyway, Sweetie (the wife) really enjoyed her pool time at the RPR at Universal and at SSR at Disney last year. I will actually probably take the kids to the parks one or two days without her, so she can totally chill.

So we really want a resort feel. CWBC would be perfect, but that is too close to Disney. The Marriott Palms places are obviously pretty close to Disney as well, but at least it's a little closer to Uni. Does it matter if we stay at Royal, Imperial, or Sabal for the resort feel and also to entertain the tweens on non-park days? It appears if we want the killer pool, we would probably be walking to the Marriott hotel anyway, correct?

And then how about Cypress Harbor? It really is right in between Uni and Disney, so it seems that is the best location. Not interested in Lakeshore Reserve.

Thoughts? Thanks.

EDIT: I'm not married to Marriott, but it seems they have the kind of places I'm looking for. Westgate, which would be OK, I've heard has super-pushy sales people--not interested! But if there's somewhere else I'm not considering, feel free to suggest.

Last edited:
how about Cypress Harbor?
We stayed there last spring. The resort is situated around a decent-sized lake/pond. The feature pool is awfully nice and there are two or three others scattered around. We thought it had a nice resort vibe. Our villa was off on the edge of property in a location that did not have much in the way of a view, but it was not particularly far from the action. It's a great location for Universal--we took Turkey Lake road back and forth rather than I-4.

One caveat: the 2nd BR is pretty tight if you have to use the pull-out. When we went it was with just one of our kids, so we didn't need a second bed in that room and it was fine.

Another place to consider is HGVC Sea World, which is in CH's neighborhood. I did not think the pool/common areas there were as nice though.

Reading the first half of the post I felt the obvious answer would be Marriott's Newport Villas.

But seeing as you want to be in FL, that's a different topic altogether.

Very sad that DVC never got itself off the ground!

We’ve stayed at Marriott Harbour Lake twice, it’s literally across the road from Cypress Harbour. We did SeaWorld from here once and it’s right up the street. Not sure how old your kids are, but HL has more kid-friendly water play areas. Great if your kids are those ages, maybe not so much if they are older.

We really love Harbour Lake. Our last trip was largely a resort stay just to hang out near the pool.

We’ve stayed at Marriott Harbour Lake twice, it’s literally across the road from Cypress Harbour. We did SeaWorld from here once and it’s right up the street. Not sure how old your kids are, but HL has more kid-friendly water play areas. Great if your kids are those ages, maybe not so much if they are older.

We really love Harbour Lake. Our last trip was largely a resort stay just to hang out near the pool.
Very interesting! I looked very briefly at the Harbour Lake website, and it looked a little lame. I'll have to look again. I may have mixed it up with another place.

OK, here's a follow-up: do any of these places have a pool bar open during the day?

I posted a review of Sabal Palms recently-we really liked having access to the Marriott world center, as it was much more of a resort feel. It was walkable to the World Centre and there were restaurants and such. I have stayed at several others (Grande Vista, Sheraton Vistana, etc.) and this was our new favorite simply for the 'vibe'.

Very interesting! I looked very briefly at the Harbour Lake website, and it looked a little lame. I'll have to look again. I may have mixed it up with another place.

OK, here's a follow-up: do any of these places have a pool bar open during the day?
The Marriott World Center has a pool bar and pool restaurant. But not at the timeshare spots directly-it is a very short walk however. The timeshare pool is very quiet-we always went over to the World Center-paid admission one day and did the waterslides and lazy river. The world Center pool area is huge and has a smaller waterslide area too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter