which off-site resort is the best?

lex.carter

Earning My Ears
We are planning a disney trip. We want a 2 bdrm. condo at a resort. Does anyone know which of the following is the best choice? Marriott Cypress Harbour,Marriott Grande Vista,
Westgate Lakes,or Sheraton Vistana Village. We have a reservation with the Marriott Cypress Harbour, it looked the nicest from all of the pictures, but the Grande Vista looked nice too. We don't mind driving 10-15 minutes to get to Disney. We just want the nicest place.
Thanks,
Diane

These are all a similar distance, though Westgate Lakes takes a different approach (I-4 or Apopka-Vineland vs. S. Int'l. Dr.). These would be my order of choices:

1. M. Cypress Harbour, if you have children along... loads of onsite activities. Also first choice if you like very beautiful, lush, mature landscaping and a lake with water activities. All identical 2BRs, if that matters - ask for a lake view.

2. M. Grande Vista, if you like onsite golf and/or golf views. Most deluxe of these 4 choices and also offers plentiful onsite activities.

3. Vistana Villages, if you want a brand new, pretty, smaller resort with all rooms convenient to the main pool area (w/waterfall).

4. Westgate Lakes, if you want a sprawling resort with a lot of onsite activities and cannot get into either of the Marriotts. The reports I've read vary greatly at this resort, from deluxe and beautiful to poor maintenance and the feeling of overcrowding in some sections. I also prefer to drive in the other area.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Lisa,

We do have children, so I'll keep my reservations with Cypress Harbour. You have been so very helpful. Also, a friend of mine told me that I should watch out for International Drive because some parts of it are not so good. Do you know if Cypress Harbour is on a good side of International Drive?
Thanks,
Diane

Cypress Harbour is not directly on International Drive, but pretty close. It is between I-4 and I-Drive. It is on a pretty quiet street. I-Drive is about a minute away. The resort is on the south end of I-Drive, which is the quiet, not so developed area. The north end of I-Drive is much more developed and has many more outlet bargain type stores and fast food restaurants. The Hilton Grand Vacation Club and Marriott Horizons were across the street as was Sea World Resort. The drive to Disney was about 10 minutes. It is a great resort and you will feel safe there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter