Which Park First???? Legoland or Seaworld?

23bw

Mouseketeer
We all know the common practice of going to DL on the last leg of any Socal theme park tour.

What about between Legoland vs Seaworld. For those who have been to these parks, which do you prefer to do first?

This summer our family will be spending 2 days in Legoland and 1 day in Seaworld.

Thanks.

Will you be basing your entire stay out of Anaheim? If so, then the order doesn't really matter. If not, then logistically Sea World is about 30-40 minutes south of Legoland, and Legoland is about an hour and change south of Disneyland, so if you're staying at different hotels throughout the trip, starting at Sea World then working your way up the coast would make the most sense.

I would choose on two things.

Age of kids. Legoland is great for people only under 10, 4-7 being the prime age. I'm guessing since you are doing 2 days, your group is in that age set. Seaworld is for any age though it has some thrill rides for teens. I would mix it up with the Sea Lion show at Sea World between the rides at LL and rides at DL.

Also like SonnyJane is suggesting where will you be staying. While the drive between LL and SW is 30 minutes when you can drive the speed limit. If you are trying to do it at rush hours it's awefully slow. So you could change hotels with each park migrating North or try to avoid driving the distance to bewteen a near SW hotel to LL two times.

Thanks for the tips.

This summer we are going to bypass Anaheim alltogether and head straight to Seaworld and Legoland. As for hotel, we are planning to stay nearby Legoland in Carlsbad for the entire trip. We don't necessarily want to pack and move just for one night when Seaworld is only 30 min away.
Kids are 6 & 8 so I think they should be the perfect age for LL.

Logistically, I think we have a good handle on it. What I don't know is should we visit Seaworld first or should we go to Legoland first? I'm leaning towards going to Seaworld first because we don't want the trip to be anti-climatic. Is LL more fun for kids than Seaworld?

Logistically, I think we have a good handle on it. What I don't know is should we visit Seaworld first or should we go to Legoland first? I'm leaning towards going to Seaworld first because we don't want the trip to be anti-climatic. Is LL more fun for kids than Seaworld?

Seaworld is a pretty unique and interesting experience that might stick out. Surely the most exiciting ride will be the Journey to Atlantis.

Lego Land has one thing that is a great time for kids, though it's small it has a water park. Water slides are a lot of fun for kids.

I would do SW second. If they like LL less they won't be stuck there another day. If they like SW less, it will be done and over with.

We've been to LL 3 times and now that DD is 11 we probably won't be going back. Unless we decided to take Dnephew2.5 when he is a little older. LL is a beautiful park but personally I don't know if I would spend 2 days there. However, if you are doing the waterpark and aquarium too then 2 days would be a good idea.

We love SW! DD has loved it since she was little and sometimes she wants to be a Marine Biologist (me too!) so she can work with dolphins.

So much depends on when you are going. Both parks can get really busy in the summer. We've only done LL in the off season so the lines we doable. I hear it can get very busy in summer.

If you do one day at LL and decide that's enough you may want to consider the Zoo or Wild Animal Park. If I had to pick one over the other, it would be WAP.

Have a great time, San Diego is lovely.:goodvibes

Not very familiar with LL yet. Kids are too old and the grandbaby is too young. I'd say do SW first but before you leave for the day turn your tix into fun cards. That way if you want to go back you can.

Great tips. Thank you.

First we weren't even planning to go to SW but figured since we were already down that way, may as well check it out. Now it sounds like it's definitely worth seeing. We'll stick to our orginal plan of going LL 2 days first and then going to SW on our last day in SoCal. We chose 2 days in LL because we plan to spend at least 1/2 day at their water park. From all the videos and pictures I've seen, the water park should be lots of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter