Which pet loop is the best?

Sunny37

DIS Veteran
This is our first time camping at FW, so we have no idea which loop to request. We have reserved a non-preferred pet loop site.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Well, 1800 is the closest to the pet walk by the creek, 1700 seems to have the biggest sites (to me) and 1600 is the closest to the Meadow's area. 1900 doesn't seem to have any pluses except privacy.

All that said, we like 1700 best!

1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 are all pet loops, 1800 & 1900 are secluded from most of the action while 1600 & 1700 are a bit closer to the action.

We like the 1600 loop. Last November they put us in the 1900 loop and I was not impressed. Very swampy and looked like it was screaming for rehab.:(

Our first trip in the bigger trailer we were assigned to the 1900 loop, we checked in late about 9 pm, it is very dark back there and the some of the sites are hard to get into, ours had a drop off, we nick named that loop "Neptune Gulch"

Our first sight assignment in the 1900 loop was a spot directly across from the Comfort station which I was assured a 60 ft. rig could fit into. I have a 21 ft trailer and the only way I could have gotten in was to take out the wooden fence in front of the comfort station. The Disney folks were nice, though, and reassigned us right away.:D

Well, as you can tell from the replies "best" is a very subjective word.

campingcorgi seem to have covered it very well.

With that said (and even if most folks don't like it) I think the 1900 loop is best. Nice, dark and quiet!

No matter which loop you get, you will have a great time! If you plan on returning in the future, take a walk around all the pet loops and make a list of sites you like. Next time, make a request for specific loop and/or site. I have a list of sites I like and just hand it to the CM at reception. They are always happy to see if any of the sites are available.

Are you able to pick the loop that you want when you make your reservations? When I called I was told that I would not even know what loop I was in until maybe the day before we arrived. This is a first time trip to WDW for all my family and we are taking our dog. Thanks in advance.

One more thing...how do you all get the little count down to trip thingy?:earseek:

You can request a loop, but no guarantees.

Go to the Tech Support board and check where it say "get your countdowns here"--it's not too hard!

Have fun planning!!

WooooHoooo I got it! Thanks! Looks like we could be neighbors! Look for the camper with the bubbles everywhere!

FYI, the consensus on this board seems to be that the best way to increase your chances (although no guarantee) of getting the loop or site you want is to fax your request to FW three days before your scheduled arrival.

You can request a loop (or site) when you make your reservation, and they will put a note on your "file" in the computer, but they don't seem to pay as much attention to those as they do to faxed requests. (Fax # is (407) 824-3508)

Originally posted by lilallybean
WooooHoooo I got it! Thanks! Looks like we could be neighbors! Look for the camper with the bubbles everywhere!

Congrats on your countdown and I'll look for you in the pet loops! We are checking in on Memorial Day for 14 nights--watch for the no leg corgi dog--that may be me on the other end of the leash with him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter