Which resort for 1 night stay

jolynne28

Mouseketeer
My sister and family are traveling end of June to visit us for a week. We are planning to drive to Disney (2hrs) for a MK day and then stay that one night. We are trying to stay on the extended hours evening, which I think will be a Wednesday, then sleep in and do a late character breakfast at Topolino's if I can get the reservation, possibly do Disney Springs for a bit, then drive back.

I know the obvious choices are VGF & BLT. I rented points in early February with a friend and stayed at 4 different resorts, one of them being VGF, which was very nice. My issue is we just closed on our first contract and I bought SAP so that we could try different resorts and possibly buy another contract somewhere else. (I don't see us buying VGF b/c of the point chart.) Would it be annoying to ride the bus back to say Boardwalk after extended evening hours? Youngest kids are 5, so we won't have strollers, but I know the walk back to MK resorts would be faster after a long day. I'm finding myself not wanting to waste 40ish points on a resort I've already tried out.

ETA we are families of 5 & 4, so probably looking for 2 studios to save points.

Last edited:
Maybe the Wilderness Lodge area? It’s not a walk back, but the boat is nicer than the bus, I think.

Sorry I should have put how many in our party. We have 9 total, so I'm looking to do 2 studios, which eliminates CCV since it only sleeps 4. WL is my absolute favorite resort, I know we'll buy there one day, but my family is 5 so we have to get a 2 bedroom at CCV. Not wanting to spend the points on that for one night. I can look at BRV, nothing is available right now but I'm sure something will pop up.

Two Poly studios would be both comfortable and convenient - sleeping surfaces for five, short trip from MK after DEEH. BWV would work too, but as you figured out, the bus trip back is longer. But even though June isn’t as competitive as the fall, you’re still only 3 months out, so you might have to take whatever’s available.

A BRV studio popped up this morning, so I picked that up. I'll be on the lookout for one more. I don't think the boat ride will be a big deal at the end of the night, and I've wanted to try out that DVC wing of WL. When my friend and I went we had CCV booked, but got upgraded to club level, which was amazing, so didn't get to experience those rooms either.

A BRV studio popped up this morning, so I picked that up. I'll be on the lookout for one more. I don't think the boat ride will be a big deal at the end of the night, and I've wanted to try out that DVC wing of WL. When my friend and I went we had CCV booked, but got upgraded to club level, which was amazing, so didn't get to experience those rooms either.
Be aware there is also bus service between WL and MK. I honestly don’t know whether they keep the boats running through and after DEEH or stop them at some time after normal MK close. If the boats aren’t running by the time you leave MK, it should be easy to tell as you’re exiting MK, so you won’t walk all the way to the boat dock and have to turn around and walk to the bus - with those tired 5 year olds!

Be aware there is also bus service between WL and MK. I honestly don’t know whether they keep the boats running through and after DEEH or stop them at some time after normal MK close. If the boats aren’t running by the time you leave MK, it should be easy to tell as you’re exiting MK, so you won’t walk all the way to the boat dock and have to turn around and walk to the bus - with those tired 5 year olds!
The boats do run for DEEH an hour after the posted closing time, so we're good there.

Kind of off topic, but having just returned from WDW w/ a very active 5 year old, my vote would be to bring a stroller just in case...I swear I've seen kids as old as 10 being pushed around...(plus, selfishly, it can help carry the rest of your stuff :)

Kind of off topic, but having just returned from WDW w/ a very active 5 year old, my vote would be to bring a stroller just in case...I swear I've seen kids as old as 10 being pushed around...(plus, selfishly, it can help carry the rest of your stuff :)
Since it's only one day we're probably not going to worry about. We've done Disney a lot so they know what it's like, and MK is the easiest park IMO as far as walking goes, lots of opportunities for breaks. Both younger kids will be at least 5 1/2 at that point. We had gone down to a small umbrella stroller also, so I'm pretty sure he exceeds the weight limit at this point ; )

Since it's only one day we're probably not going to worry about. We've done Disney a lot so they know what it's like, and MK is the easiest park IMO as far as walking goes, lots of opportunities for breaks. Both younger kids will be at least 5 1/2 at that point. We had gone down to a small umbrella stroller also, so I'm pretty sure he exceeds the weight limit at this point ; )
Oops - forgot you said one day!! Enjoy :)

The bus to WL is actually so quick, it’s a five minute ride. We did after EEH in February and we were very impressed with the buses at the end of EEH. They seemed to come constantly and left when they were full. So instead of waiting at a bus stop you could sit down on a bus.

If you have one at BRV booked that sleeps 5, you could put in a waitlist for both BRV and CCV. I understand the other party sleeps 4. You would just be in different wings in the same hotel even if it’s two different DVC resorts. At OKW and SSR you could be much further apart!

If you have one at BRV booked that sleeps 5, you could put in a waitlist for both BRV and CCV. I understand the other party sleeps 4. You would just be in different wings in the same hotel even if it’s two different DVC resorts. At OKW and SSR you could be much further apart!
This is a fantastic idea, thanks! Here's my question, I tend to stalk the site pretty often, so would there be a possibility that I booked a room I saw and then Disney also fills the wait list? I don't want to end up with 3 rooms. Can I cancel wait list requests online?

This is a fantastic idea, thanks! Here's my question, I tend to stalk the site pretty often, so would there be a possibility that I booked a room I saw and then Disney also fills the wait list? I don't want to end up with 3 rooms. Can I cancel wait list requests online?
Yes, you can. On the Dashboard where you see the upcoming reservations it will also show your waitlists. There you can click and then you get the option to cancel the waitlist. Very easy!

Yes, you can. On the Dashboard where you see the upcoming reservations it will also show your waitlists. There you can click and then you get the option to cancel the waitlist. Very easy!
Thanks so much! I wonder how often Disney is scanning availability for waitlists?

Hey! Your Disney trip sounds like a blast in the making! I totally get your dilemma about resort choices.
As for your resort decision, riding the bus back to BoardWalk shouldn't be too much of a hassle, especially with no strollers. Plus, it's a chance to experience another resort without using up too many points. And hey, who knows, you might discover a new favorite spot!

I was able to get to studios at BRV for that night, so we're all set! I've been piecing together another trip for early June for just my family, I've been able to get every resort I want except BWV. I'd love to try it, but nothing ever shows up as available!

Our first stay as members was at BRV last August. We loved it so much, have a wonderful time!! I was able to piece together a last minute stay at BWV for Memorial Day, wishing you similar success for your June trip!
I was able to get to studios at BRV for that night, so we're all set! I've been piecing together another trip for early June for just my family, I've been able to get every resort I want except BWV. I'd love to try it, but nothing ever shows up as available!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter