Which resort is a never or never again for you?

Her Dotness

DIS Veteran
Let's be honest--some resorts just don't appeal, whether theme, location, level of stay (Value, Moderate, Deluxe), whatever that's not a matter of price.

Mine would be any of the Values--too gaudy for me. And Animal Kingdom anything--yuck!

Don't find the atmosphere or being on the BoardWalk appealing, so no to BoardWalk Inn or Villas.

Stayed at the Contemporary--once was enough. Although, it's kinda ironic that I used to say I didn't like it because it looked like The Incredibles would stay there. And now, it's Incredibles-themed!

Which answer the question for you? (Please! No "Try it! You might like it.")

Caribbean Beach. The multiple bus stops are too much. In the morning the buses often arrived full at our stop, so we had to wait for the next bus. Always seemed to result in standing room only on the bus. At night, it seemed to take forever and at each stop the bus turns on the interior lights so people can exit. Really upsetting to a tired, cranky toddler you are holding on your hip.

The Contemporary. The rooms are not soundproof. We found that out when we had 10 straight days of toddlers and babies next door to us screaming until after midnight. Really not a fan of how the elevators operate, either, and how crowded they get.
We did have a lovely view and the walk to the Magic Kingdom was easy and quick, but I just can't deal with the hotel itself.

As long as I'm at a Disney resort I'm pretty happy and I can appreciate the imagineering that went into it. So I don't have any never-agains; instead, for me, it's about choice:
For instance, given the choice between Boardwalk and Beach Club, I much prefer the nautical theming of the latter than the Boardwalk. Haven't stayed at Yacht Club and I like that even more than Beach Club, but we like to stay in 1BR villas and they don't have those there.

The closest I would get to "never again" are the All Stars just because there are so many other choices we like more on property, including the other values. But it's fun to take little kids there because they are impressed by the gigantic character statues.

The Contemporary. The rooms are not soundproof. We found that out when we had 10 straight days of toddlers and babies next door to us screaming until after midnight. Really not a fan of how the elevators operate, either, and how crowded they get.
We did have a lovely view and the walk to the Magic Kingdom was easy and quick, but I just can't deal with the hotel itself.
Oh that's to bad! We love the CR and haven't experienced that, but I can see how screaming toddlers next door could put a damper on a vacation/sleep.
I've heard similar complaints about rooms at GF, I wonder if walls were just built thinner before the 90s?

We did not care for AKL. We found long hallways and were up early and came back late so never saw animals from our room which was the whole reason of staying there. We did see them once when had an early dinner at Boma and went to the viewing areas before the meal which is what we do when we come for dinner at Boma once every trip there so did not feel very different. We also find the employees not that wonderful especially in the lobby. I do not remember what happened our stay was a long time ago just remember were not crazy about most CMs we encountered. When we went for dinner there in November we needed a cab back to our hotel as AK was going to close soon and went to the front desk and the person there refused to help us saying they don’t do things like that we are on our own. We did not understand because we were staying at CBR and the few days we needed a cab to get to a breakfast at another resort they were so wonderful handling it. We could not believe a moderate had better service than a deluxe.

Last edited:
The only resorts I've not stayed at is AOA, Fort Wilderness, Yacht Club, and POR. My goal is to stay at all of them. I don't really care about staying at Yacht Club or Fort Wilderness, but I will at some point (at least a night or two). The theming just doesn't appeal to me. I wasn't crazy about Coronado Springs, again theming just didn't appeal to me. I know some love it, and that's ok. So glad for all the different options.

The only resorts I've not stayed at is AOA, Fort Wilderness, Yacht Club, and POR. My goal is to stay at all of them. I don't really care about staying at Yacht Club or Fort Wilderness, but I will at some point (at least a night or two). The theming just doesn't appeal to me. I wasn't crazy about Coronado Springs, again theming just didn't appeal to me. I know some love it, and that's ok. So glad for all the different options.
Have you stayed at Gran Destino at Coronado or was your stay before they built it? Just curious. I know some people changed their mind about it after staying at the tower.

I’ve never stayed at these and don’t think I’d want to:

Riviera - rooms just look too white and sterile to me lol
Saratoga Springs - I’m local to Saratoga and I think things would just annoy me lol
Boardwalk - doesn’t appeal to me and the clown thing creeps me out (and I’m not someone normally bothered by clowns)

Never again: OKW. The rooms are just too far from everything, even the "Near Hospitality House" rooms. The outside doors make it reminiscent of a moderate.

Never: SSR. I got lost there getting on the wrong bus, trying to get to Disney Springs. It feels just as spread out as OKW. And the mostly white just makes it feels so sterile.

CBR is one we won't be back to until the rooms are refurbished. With my allergies I just can't stay there.

I will admit I have no interest in SSR. Reminds me of an apartment complex.

AKL the halls are to long and after a long day at the park it was horrible to have to walk uphill from the busses (jambo) to our room at the end of the west hall.

WL or FW - too similar in theming to where I already live.
Boardwalk - rooms are ugly (IMO) and not enough quick service options.
SSR or OKW - I feel like I’d need a car on property to stay here, but one of my favorite things about Disney vacations is not having to drive myself anywhere.
Any All Star - Not my style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter