Which resort would you rent points for?

corn princess

Mouseketeer
We are looking at renting points for a trip this June. It would be for 7 nights. Would you choose, OKW, BWV, or a standard view at AKL? All rooms would be studios. We are a family of 4 with 2 girls ages 2 and 7. Thanks!

As with everything else it depends. I think most will recommend BWV of the 3 but....

Have you stayed in any of them?

Okw has the largest studios of those listed and it’s the only resort with 2 queen size beds in a studio.

BWV is within walking distance of EPCOT and DHS whereas AKV is a long bus trip to all parks except for AK which is a shorter bus trip.

With that in mind which parks do you expect to visit and is space in the room important to you?

We are looking at renting points for a trip this June. It would be for 7 nights. Would you choose, OKW, BWV, or a standard view at AKL? All rooms would be studios. We are a family of 4 with 2 girls ages 2 and 7. Thanks!
Personally, I would go with an MK-area resort if I was traveling with small children. You're going to be spending the majority of your time there and the convenience of being close cannot be dismissed. However, judging by your choices, I imagine you're looking at the resorts and views that require the least amount of points? If that's the case, I'd go with BWV. AKL std. view can have some pretty lousy views. I stayed in a Kidani st.view studio that overlooked parking and an access road. OKW is being rehabbed and there's no knowing whether you will get one of the freshly redone studios or one of the tired, worn out ones. You could also find yourself surrounded by units that are being rehabbed. It's also very spread out and unless you're "near Hospitality House", you will have to take a bus just to get to the feature pool and the quick service dining.

You should also know that for June 2018, owners can only book at their home resorts as of today. So if you're ready to pull the trigger, you will need an owner at that particular resort with points that their willing to use for a rental. Waiting until the 7-month window when all owners can book at any resort could mean that you will have trouble booking some of the more popular views (such as BWV std. view or boardwalk view, or OKW near Hospitality House).

BWV would be great for ages 7 (walk to Hollywood and Epcot). However, an MK resort might be better for the 2yr old (and still very good for 7yr old). If you're looking at a std room, you will have to pay a premium to book between 7-11mo.

Okw would not be on my list- you have to bus everywhere.

Akl is cute for the animals, but you also need to either make ressies or bus everywhere for food. With a 2yr old (and the requisite stroller), I wouldn't recommend it. Just my 2c.

I thought most standard at Jambo have limited Savannah views. I think the pool at Jambo and the animals make that the best choice. The Mara is a good counter service option.

I'd also go with AKV for all the reasons Bobbi already posted.

FWIW, if you want standard view at BWV, you are too late. There is no availability left in June 2018 for any consecutive 7 nights n a standard view studio and very limited availability for a week's stay in a Boardwalk view studio. However, there should still be availability for Pool/Garden studios if that would work for you.

AKV is beautiful and although I've never stayed at BWV, I did stay across the way at Yacht Club and so spent a good amount of time at that resort. I also have a real fondness for OKW, having enjoyed a great stay there. All these resorts are fun and enjoyable and each has their benefits. In the end, you'd likely enjoy each of them for different reasons - although I would do AKV or BWV over OKW since the theming is more subtle at OKW.

With little ones, I would put added weight on convenience. Both OKW and AKV require that you take a bus just about everywhere. As someone else said, you may want to consider a monorail resort. There is something nice about getting to and from MK and EP on the monorail versus the bus - and the kids enjoy the "train ride".

None of the above, I would go with the Beach Club!

Thanks everyone for the advice! We went with AKL because that was the best option in our price range and already have the room booked!
I'm sure you'll have a great time. My DH & I stayed in a Kidani 2 bedroom with my sister's family a few years ago - her twins (a boy and a girl) were 5 years old at the time. They loved it and considered even the bus rides to be a lot of fun. (Didn't find the bus rides to be that long since we only stopped at Jambo abefore arriving at the destination park. That surprised me because we almost always stay at the BWV and walk to EPCOT & DHS). We spent quite a bit of time at the Kidani pool & play area and out on the balcony watching the animals.

You will have a great trip, IMO all the resorts have a special quality.
Boma is one of my favorite restaurants. The pool area is beautiful
Happy planning
Kerri

We rented points for AKL Kidani for five nights in June and absolutely loved it! The staff and amenities there were amazing. And my kids loved everything about the resort. We also had no complaints with the bus system which was super efficient and only had one other stop at Jambo House. My kids loved the night vision binoculars and all the animals at all the viewing spots. We stayed for one night at the Boardwalk Villas during that stay, and we were the last room on the 4th floor. It took us forever to get back and forth to the lobby. So I think it just depends on where you get placed and what the fit is for your family. But we definitely preferred AKL over BWV. Hope you have a great trip. We're actually going to be back there at AKL the first week of June because we loved it that much.

We rented points for AKL Kidani for five nights in June and absolutely loved it! The staff and amenities there were amazing. And my kids loved everything about the resort. We also had no complaints with the bus system which was super efficient and only had one other stop at Jambo House. My kids loved the night vision binoculars and all the animals at all the viewing spots. We stayed for one night at the Boardwalk Villas during that stay, and we were the last room on the 4th floor. It took us forever to get back and forth to the lobby. So I think it just depends on where you get placed and what the fit is for your family. But we definitely preferred AKL over BWV. Hope you have a great trip. We're actually going to be back there at AKL the first week of June because we loved it that much.
Maybe we'll see you at AKL because that's the time we'll be there too!

Tough call, we own at OKW & AKV. None of those choices are bad. Def OKW for space, AKV for aesthetics of the resort, and BWV for easy access to Epcot & DHS.
So it's not apples-to-apples in this discussion. Seven days is a pretty good stretch of time, I'm thinking space might be the mitigating factor for family friction.;)

With little kids, any resort will probably be the "best", in their opinion. As long as it has a pool where they can get wet, they'll love it. Three years ago, we stayed at OKW, but beforehand we agonized over which they'd like the best. Why did we choose OKW? Because we couldn't decide and OKW is DH's favorite-he said "Since we can't decide which they'd like best, we'll just stay where I like best". However, of the three, I'd probably go with AKL, unless you think two "real" beds are a plus. Then I'd pick OKW.

I would choose either OKW or AKV. The children will likely prefer AKV. OKW has larger rooms and a nice Florida theme.

The villa size of a studio at OKW is perfect for a family of four, but with younger children I would recommend BWV. BWV studios are not as large as OKW, but will sleep four comfortably. Since the resort is smaller than OKW, it will be easier to take your kids to the pool, restaurants, and game areas. Of course Epcot and Hollywood Studios are walking distance. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are a short bus ride away.

Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter