Which resorts have sleeper chair/Murphy bed in a studio or 1 bedroom?

MamaBear12

Mouseketeer
I’m curious which DVC resorts and room types (1 bedroom or studio) currently have the murphy bed or fold out sleeper chair to accommodate a 5th guest. Thanks!

I’m curious which DVC resorts and room types (1 bedroom or studio) currently have the murphy bed or fold out sleeper chair to accommodate a 5th guest. Thanks!

Studios that have a murphy bed: VGF, PVB, VWL, BCV, BWV

1BR's with murphy bed: VGF, AUL, VGC
1BR's with sleeper chair: BLT, AKV (except Value category), HHI, VB and OKW.

The dedicated 2BRs at Aulani have a sleeper chair and they sleep 9. Whereas the the 2BR lockoffs have the murphy bed. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/us-hawaii/aulani-hawaii/points-rooms/ I still don't understand why it was necessary to make them different.
It's probably to limit them to nine in the lockoff two bedroom, which would be different from the VGF lockoff two bedroom. The studio would have the murphy bed, so they eliminate the sleeper chair.

It's probably to limit them to nine in the lockoff two bedroom, which would be different from the VGF lockoff two bedroom. The studio would have the murphy bed, so they eliminate the sleeper chair.

Studios at Aulani do not have murphy beds. For the dedicated 2BR it's simply a switch of a sleeper chair in the living area vs a murphy bed that is in the 1BR and thus the 2BR lock-off. In the dedicated 2BR they also did a half bath for the living area. A 1BR just has a split bath.

But there are villas, for instance the grand villas at BLT, that have more beds than the permitted maximum guests. So why would that have mattered at Aulani? It would just give guests more options for sleeping arrangements.

Resurrecting thread slightly as it is anticipated (no reason not to) that the SSR studios will have murphy bed post refurb. Also hopefully Murphy Sofa bed.
Question is will SSR be the first one to get murphy in a 1 bed- seems odd how 1 beds generally in the smaller 1 beds have 4 sleeping surfaces but the studios have 5. I suppose its because they put a bigger table in, but with the breakfast bar, there should be at least an option for some of the new 2 seater table murphy beds.

Resurrecting thread slightly as it is anticipated (no reason not to) that the SSR studios will have murphy bed post refurb. Also hopefully Murphy Sofa bed.
Question is will SSR be the first one to get murphy in a 1 bed- seems odd how 1 beds generally in the smaller 1 beds have 4 sleeping surfaces but the studios have 5. I suppose its because they put a bigger table in, but with the breakfast bar, there should be at least an option for some of the new 2 seater table murphy beds.
Sleep chairs were not put in BRV, BCV & BWV 1 bedrooms during their recent refubs due to space limitations. I suspect SSR will be the same. No idea what they will do in the studios. My bet would be that they add the Murphy. We'll soon see.

I think having the connecting door in the living room of the one bedrooms in BRV, BCV, BWVs and probably SSR is what prevents the 1BRs from having the murphy bed as there is no space for that large cabinet. Also because of the door, they don't have room for a pullout chair either. I was disappointed to see at CCV that DVC reverted to having the connect door in the living room unlike at BLT. But then those rooms at CCV are so narrow that a murphy bed would never be practical.

I think having the connecting door in the living room of the one bedrooms in BRV, BCV, BWVs and probably SSR is what prevents the 1BRs from having the murphy bed as there is no space for that large cabinet. Also because of the door, they don't have room for a pullout chair either. I was disappointed to see at CCV that DVC reverted to having the connect door in the living room unlike at BLT. But then those rooms at CCV are so narrow that a murphy bed would never be practical.
BCV has the entry to the connecting studio at the entrance to the villa. SSR is the same, I think. BRV and BWV have the connecting door in the living room.
I wonder if SSR has the egress capability to add the murphy bed in the one bedroom or studio.

I wonder if SSR has the egress capability to add the murphy bed in the one bedroom or studio.

Since they all empty to outside corridors I'd guess they have much more than the other resorts that have added them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter