Which restaurants did your pre-teen love?

froggy922

Mouseketeer
We are headed back to WDW next spring, after not having been there since 2017. On previous trips, we focused on doing lots of character meals. Our son will be 12 when we go and just informed me he doesn't want to do a lot of character meals but just wants to do "cool restaurants without characters" :confused3 So, what restaurants did your pre-teens love? Open to QS and/or TS at parks, resorts, and/or DS. TIA

My son and husband both loved Biergarten in Epcot, not my favorite though. He also loved Boma and Sanaa and he’s a picky eater.

Coral reef is another one he asks for, it is underneath the Living Seas within the aquarium at Epcot.

My son and husband both loved Biergarten in Epcot, not my favorite though. He also loved Boma and Sanaa and he’s a picky eater.
I think my son would really like Biergarten. We haven't' tried Sanaa before so I'll keep it in mind. We've been to Boma but it's been a few years so it might be time to revisit it. He enjoys buffets. thanks for the reply

Coral reef is another one he asks for, it is underneath the Living Seas within the aquarium at Epcot.
We have a restaurant that is similar to it near where we live, that we visit once or twice a year, so he may be underwhelmed by it....although I have eaten here before (not with him) and I loved the calming, relaxed atmosphere. It's definitely a great place to cool off and get a break on a hot day in the parks.

My son really likes Rainforest Cafe, Biergarten, Garden Grill, Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, Rose and Crown, Mama Melrose, Yak and Yeti, 'Ohana for TS. Basically grilled meat and potatoes. Or sausage or tacos, or pasta. For QS, he likes all the pizza and tacos, some other stuff too - Pecos Bills, Katsura Grill, PizzeRizzo, Fairfax Fare, Pizzafari, Boardwalk Pizza Window, Gasparilla Island Grill......

My boys (13 and 10) like:
EP: Via Napoli and Le Cellier
MK: Pecos Bills
DHS: Hollywood Brown Derby
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
Springs: Pizza Ponte

Strangely enough the my daughter fell in love with Ohana. She to this day (20) hates loud noise but from that distance loves the fireworks and the food.

Sci Fi Dine In at DHS is one of the most unique restaurants on property, and something you can only do at Disney. 50s Prime Time is the same, and the antics are funny unless your pre-teen is on the shy side. Same goes for Whispering Canyon, although I think the theme at 50s PT is even better and more over the top than Whispering Canyon.

At Disney Springs, The Edison is a cool place in the evenings with the atmosphere, music, and entertainers - there was a woman walking around the dining room on stilts the last time.

My teens love Beaches and Cream, Be Our Guest, ESPN Club, The Wave is a hidden Gem, Teppan Edo, Via Napoli, Mama Melrose, T-Rex, and California Grill and The Boathouse for the splurge. QS Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bill, Cosmic Ray's, Flame Tree Bar B Que, La Cantina de San Angel, Satu'li Canteen, and Kona Cafe.

So many love Sci-Fi and I just don't get it as I found it to be too dark with weird movies on a loop. Love the car idea, but hate the way you are seated. JMHO

Our kids were adventurous eaters at that age and loved every restaurant we went to.
I would get ADRs at some of the restaurants that serve food you can't get at home.

We are headed back to WDW next spring, after not having been there since 2017. On previous trips, we focused on doing lots of character meals. Our son will be 12 when we go and just informed me he doesn't want to do a lot of character meals but just wants to do "cool restaurants without characters" :confused3 So, what restaurants did your pre-teens love? Open to QS and/or TS at parks, resorts, and/or DS. TIA

My DS12 really enjoys Sci-Fi, Sanaa, Spice Road Table, Whispering Canyon and Boathouse. He also enjoys ESPN on the Boardwalk, but he is a huge basketball fan (the food there isn't very good, IMHO). He also likes going to Trader Sam's at Poly - they have good mocktails and apps and the special effects are really cool.

If you don't go to a lot of Teppan grill type places where you live, Teppan Edo was always a home run for my kids

Our now 19!yr old used to love Teppan Edo. Also Sci Fi Dine In, Whispering Canyon & 50s Prime Time.

Our 11 year specifically asked to go to Whispering Canyon and 50's Prime Time cafe after watching Youtube videos about them. She is very excited to see some server antics and hopefully Dad gets in trouble for not eating his vegetables or is asked to sing I'm a little teapot in front of everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter