Which room (standard) to request at BWV?

Wendy_Darling_2001

Mouseketeer
Hi everybody,

we are staying at BoardWalk Villas for 1 night, next Thursday, by renting DVC points (much less than a room at BoardWalk Inn). We have a standard room reserved.

I've been doing my research but still am confused. How is BWV seperated from BWI? Is it possible to get a BWV room with a Boardwalk view? What building should I request to get the nicest view (just afraid of having a view of the front driveway area!)?

Any other advice, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Wendy

If you are renting points from a DVC member, you'd have to have a preferred view to get a view of the Boardwalk, either of the pools or the canal between the villas and the Swan/Dolphin Hotel.

Standard view rooms all overlook the hotel entrance and driveway leading up to the entrance. We are DVC members and always get a standard view room. There is lots of nice landscaping between the rooms and the driveway. Some of the rooms on the upper floors even have a view of the higher fireworks from EPCOT's Illuminations. We actually prefer these rooms to those classified as "preferred".

I'd suggest you make smoking or non-smoking your first request. You can also request to be near to the elevators. If you want a view of the fireworks, ask for an upper level room near the tennis courts. These rooms are not close to the elevators, but they also overlook a small pond, and if you don't mind using stairs, they are close to a doorway that leads to the bus stop.

Both the Inn and the Villas are "one building" resorts. The lobby/check in/gift shop area is shared and actually connects them.

Enjoy your stay!

By standard I presume your ressies are not a preferred room...meaning that your area of hotel position will be facing parking lots, ponds, the waterway behind the BWV's....These are our favorite places to be...

Your room will be overlooking the parking lot or the hotel entrance. Actually the parking lot views are not too bad especially if you are located at the furthest end away from the lobby. It is quite a walk, but you will have a view of water with a fountain in it, lovely gardens and each morning we were there we had a family of ducks visit.

Thanks everyone,

Since we will only be there one night and will be at Epcot all evening, we are not too concerned about having a view for fireworks, but it would be nice to maybe see the Eiffel Tower or SE, is this possible?

So it is possible to have a view of the waterway from a standard room? And I am assuming this is the waterway over to MGM?

Does anyone know if I can "unpgrade" to a Preferred view upon check-in eventhough I rented points?

Thanks again for all your suggestions!!! I just wish I had a good map of the buildings and maybe I wouldn't be so confused!!!

Wendy

Ask for smoking preference and floor. The wateway to EPCOT is a preferred view. I understand that free upgrades usually go to cash paying customers not to customers staying on points, problem with discriminating between members. You'll get upgraded IF THAT FREES UP a standard room necessary for a longer period (piece in a jig saw puzzle). Faxing and calling won't help you. For one night it really won't matter.

You may be able to see a portion of France (rooftops) from your standard view room, but there will be lots of trees blocking the view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter