Which ship with young kids (3 and 6yo)?

isabellea

Combining beach and Disney!
Our first cruise on DCL will be early March but I'm already convince we will love cruising. Was thinking of looking for a cruise next summer out of FL on RCCL and I was wondering if there's a ship more suited for a family with young kids?

Thank you!

Oasis class has very nice facilities for Adventure Ocean. And the pools/splash area are much better than on DCL. The kids will love it.

It's our first time taking our kids so can't talk from personal expereince. We're going on the Allure as we like the mega ships...so much to do and see, amazing shows, H20 area for kids. With kids, I'd make sure to book on one with DreamWorks. This would be Oasis class (and new Harmony coming out will have waterslides as well) or Freedom class, and perhaps others as well.

We recently were on the Freedom of the seas with my 3 year old and he loved it. I haven't been on an Oasis class but they seem to big to me. Freedom was the perfect size for us and since the Freedom class ships are a bit older they are better on the wallet too. They have a nice kids pool area and even though the kids club doesn't look like much (comparing to Disney) my son absolutely loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter