Which states/provinces/countries have you lived in?

My Dad was Navy so I was born in TN (Mom's home) while Dad was on ship duty. After that we were stationed in MS and then FL. This is where we lucked out like a previous poster and my Dad kept changing squadrons on the same base so we did not have to move at all in elementary school. Typical divorce story and we moved back to TN. Lived there thru high school and college. Got married and moved to AR. Then to IL for husband grad school. Followed his jobs to SC and NY. Then back to IL.

Iowa, Oregon, Mass. (was a kid, and still can't spell it), Washington, California (SF, Monterey area, and Orange Co.), Idaho, Kentucky, Texas, Arizona, NYC, Delaware, Japan, Korea, Alaska, Hawaii

Parents moved a lot, then I was in the military, then a military wife, then later I did travel therapy. For the travel therapy ones (Idaho, NYC, Delaware), I also had a residence in Oregon at the same time

Pennsylvania, Delaware, NY, Virginia, Maryland, Hawaii, Colorado
Toss in Wyoming and Massachusetts for summer gigs during college. We still have serious hopes of living and working overseas once the kids move out.

@easyas123 my neighbor introduced me to the wonders of Cowtown while living in Delaware. I can't remember what I did yesterday, yet I distinctly remember buying a Smurfs headband there in the early 80's....

Kentucky. 2 cities, one county, 3 houses.
Two land line phone numbers.
One cell phone number.
Lord I’m boring.

my neighbor introduced me to the wonders of Cowtown while living in Delaware. I can't remember what I did yesterday, yet I distinctly remember buying a Smurfs headband there in the early 80's....

I kid you not, in our elementary school (late 70's - mid 80's timeframe) the kids often repeated the 'bo-bo's" song and it was personalized with the line "and that is why your shoes came from Cowtown!"

Massachusetts (1956-1976)
Rhode Island (1976-1978)
Mass again (1978-1982)
New York 1982-1984)
Maine (1984-1986)
New York (1986-1991)
California (1991-1994)
Mass again (1994-1995)
Michigan (1995-1999)
Pennsylvania (1999-2001)
Maine (2001 and holding!)

Last edited:
Massachusetts (1956-1976)
Rhode Island (1976-1978)
Mass again (1978-1982)
New York 1982-1984)
Maine (1984-1966)
New York (1986-1991)
California (1991-1994)
Mass again (1994-1995)
Michigan (1995-1999)
Pennsylvania (1999-2001)
Maine (2001 and holding!)
No Illinois, leebee? 😭

Virginia --->
Texas --->
Florida --->
Tennessee --->
Florida --->
Virginia --->
Maryland --->
Virginia

No Illinois, leebee? 😭

Nope, no Illinois, Dan. I've been to Chicago twice, for a total of about 12 hours, when taking Amtrak from Syracuse to NOLA. It was freezing cold the first time, we weren't dressed for the weather, and our 8 hour layover FELT like forever, so maybe I did "live" in Illinois, hahaha!

Dad was Navy, so I was born in Illinois. Virginia as a small child, then Florida when he got out. Back and forth between there and Louisiana ever since. Except for 10 years full-time in an RV, when my home of record was Florida but I "lived" in nearly every state for days or weeks at a time.

Illinois (born and lived there until 14) - 14 years
Indiana (NW - the Region, West Lafayette and South Bend area) - 19 years
Michigan (New Buffalo and Dearborn) - 2 Years
Georgia - 15 Years

Grew up on the north fork of eastern Long Island, NY.

San Francisco, CA
Orlando, FL (wdw cp)
Cheltenham, England
London, England
Orleans, France
Milano, Italy
Cape May, NJ
Fire Island, NY
Key West, FL
Joshua Tree, CA
Currently on 4th neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter