Which studio is better VGF or BLT?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to rent points for a visit in Nov 2014 from David's. We are ready to put in our request, but we are having trouble deciding between these 2 resorts. We wanted to have something close to the monorail. Is one a farther walk to the monorail than the other? It will be just DH and I for our 10th anniversary, so don't need anything kid related. Is one bigger than the other? We are just going standard, so views that cost more don't matter. Are there any other studios you liked better? We stayed at the SSR this past summer in a 2 bedroom and it was nice, but I think we want a place closer to the action. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

I'd guesstimate that both are about the same distance to the monorail - a little bit dependent on where you room assignment ended up. And both have very different layouts. BLT studios are one of the smallest DVC rooms but have a large kitchenette and I've really grown to like them. VGF is of course the newest and has a split bath so you'd have both a walk in shower and a tub with shower and very nice.

The one thing that can't be beat at BLT though is being able to walk to MK. On my stay at VGF the monorail went down just as we boarded. 1 hour later I finally made it to MK. I really was wishing I was at BLT but that isn't exactly a normal thing.

Here's a picture of the BLT studio interior:

p210692150-4.jpg

And I can't locate my picture of a VGF studio but there is a VGF owners thread that has some.

For an anniversary trip I might also consider if I'd be eating at one of those resorts but would lean towards trying for VGF (new and all that). And it's smaller so it may come down to what's available which is more likely to be BLT.

Definitely go with VGF as it is your anniversary, but you better book well before 8 months and you will need VGF points to do that.

Also, book Victoria & Alberts for dinner

Does David have VGF points?

Some BLT pluses:

Walking distance to MK
More units available
Fewer points/cheaper

Some VGF pluses:
Brand new
Large
Better pools (though the Courtyard pool with a hotub is a small walk.)

Both are really good choices though, and I hope you enjoy your anniversary.

Honestly? You can't go wrong with either. But I'd keep your options open when renting points. If David has an owner at one resort over the other, I'd jump on it.

There is a major difference where VGF wins big time, the room itself. The BLT studio is small, smaller than studios in every DVC resort other than the the very small value rooms at AKV. The VGF studio is the second largest DVC studio at WDW (only OKW is larger). The VGF studio also has a a separate tub and shower while BLT is a combined tub/shower. It's furnishings and decor are also better. VGF allows you to walk to restaurants at both VGF and Poly. You are also near the main and very good resort pool.

DH and I are going to rent points for a visit in Nov 2014 from David's. We are ready to put in our request, but we are having trouble deciding between these 2 resorts. We wanted to have something close to the monorail. Is one a farther walk to the monorail than the other? It will be just DH and I for our 10th anniversary, so don't need anything kid related. Is one bigger than the other? We are just going standard, so views that cost more don't matter. Are there any other studios you liked better? We stayed at the SSR this past summer in a 2 bedroom and it was nice, but I think we want a place closer to the action. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Since November has been available for booking already I would guess that you will not get a standard at BLT tower at this point- they are already booked at this point. You normally need to be ready to book at 8am on 11 month window for standard studios at BLT.

Square footage:

BLT - 339

VGF - 379

Either would work for you. I agree since it is for your anniversary, VGF would really special and GF has more than one restaurant to dine at for your special evening. Although the Californian Grill at CR is a nice place for dining too. But if you want faster arrival time to the park, BLT is best because you can walk there in 10 minutes.

I think BLT has more storage space than VGF has in a studio. And a bigger kitchenette. But the bathroom at VGF has two sinks and a separate shower from the tub with a door separating the two.

Here's a photo of a lake view studio at VGF.

VGF1114_zpse83406ad.jpg

You can walk to the MK from BLT but not from VGF. You are the first stop on the monorail when leaving the MK for CR/BLT, but the last going to the MK. GF/VGF is the first stop going to the MK, but the last leaving the MK.

If you are going to Epcot, you can walk to the TTC (but it is a long walk) from VGF to catch the Epcot monorail. If you are going to Epcot from BLT, you need to take the Resort monorail to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail.

The both require buses to AK and DHS.

Regardless of which one you chose, you need to call ASAP.
We own at BLT and were unable to get a standard view for our November 2014 trip. We waited a week or so after the 11 month window and it was booked for all but 2 days of our stay.

You can walk to the MK from BLT but not from VGF. You are the first stop on the monorail when leaving the MK for CR/BLT, but the last going to the MK. GF/VGF is the first stop going to the MK, but the last leaving the MK.

If you are going to Epcot, you can walk to the TTC (but it is a long walk) from VGF to catch the Epcot monorail. If you are going to Epcot from BLT, you need to take the Resort monorail to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail.

The both require buses to AK and DHS.

It's not that long a walk from VGF to the TTC and it's a really pretty walk.

If you don't rent a car, BLT is the last stop on the Magical Express/First stop, and it makes for a long trip.

While there are a lot of things I really like about staying at BLT, I'd try for VGF for an anniversary trip like you're planning.

And yes, I've stayed in both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter