Which toll pass?? Sun, E, EZ?

StormyCA

Chief Troublemaker
Preface; we're CA residents and would only be driving on FL and GA toll roads. I'm good with FL, my question is pretty much about the toll roads in GA.

I'm used to SunPass & the FL toll system and we already have the little sticker transponder, I just need to reactivate our account. But now I see two other toll passes; EZPass and EPass, both of which appear to be good in GA as well as FL. From what I can tell GA toll roads are only in the Atlanta area and limit it to '6 tires or less' which leaves us 'out'. Is that correct?

Is there any advantage to either of those passes vs SunPass?

Preface; we're CA residents and would only be driving on FL and GA toll roads. I'm good with FL, my question is pretty much about the toll roads in GA.

I'm used to SunPass & the FL toll system and we already have the little sticker transponder, I just need to reactivate our account. But now I see two other toll passes; EZPass and EPass, both of which appear to be good in GA as well as FL. From what I can tell GA toll roads are only in the Atlanta area and limit it to '6 tires or less' which leaves us 'out'. Is that correct?

Is there any advantage to either of those passes vs SunPass?
There are Express Lanes in Georgia that are tolled for all vehicles and all versions of SunPass work on all tolls roads in GA and NC. E-Pass is another FL based toll system and is fully interoperable with SunPass. You would really only need an E-ZPass compatible transponder if you travel in the North East US.

https://srta.ga.gov/georgia-express-lanes/
https://e-zpassiag.com/about-e-zpass/where-can-i-use-it

The tolls roads in Georgia are just around Atlanta and are paid express lanes. There are free lanes that you can use. It’s not like Florida turnpike were you don’t have a free option on that road.

You can also get a Sunpass PRO which is the FLA version of the EZpass. You would use it the same way and it's good up and down the east coast. It's a suction cup transponder so it would replace your windshield sticker. Cost is around $24 if I recall. The advantage is expanded coverage over the sticker, and you already have a Sunpass account. Oh, no additional cost except the transponder and you load the money to the account like you always have.
20230518_123948.jpg

You can also get a Sunpass PRO which is the FLA version of the EZpass. You would use it the same way and it's good up and down the east coast. It's a suction cup transponder so it would replace your windshield sticker. Cost is around $24 if I recall. The advantage is expanded coverage over the sticker, and you already have a Sunpass account. Oh, no additional cost except the transponder and you load the money to the account like you always have.
View attachment 765178

Well, being as we live 3000 miles from WDW and only go every 2-3 years and aren't contemplating any trips up the Eastern Seaboard anytime soon, it's not worth an additional $24.

Just wish CA's 'FastTrak' could become part of the EZPass system, but I expect we're too far away to make it worthwhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter