Which two restaurants?

Obvious choice: Carthay for lunch, Blue Bayou for dinner.

Another option, for WDW vets: Golden Horseshoe (mini-HDDR) during a show and Cozy Cone at night when the lights come on.

Best choice: snack all day.

I personally much prefer the various QS options at DL and DCA to the TS options and prefer to just snack around all day (complete opposite of my WDW preference), but if I were to choose on TS in each park, I would go with Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle. I highly recommend looking at the dinner packages, we have done the Carthay Circle WOC package many times, and have always enjoyed it, and will be doing one of the Fantasmic! packages on our next trip, I would be doing Blue Bayou if I were going with my husband, but I am going with a friend and told her that she could choose.

Honestly, for me, DLR is about food experiences rather than a couple singular TS restaurants. I have a list of favorite snack and food items that I like to have on trips, and that is my focus rather than picking singular restaurants, which I am more likely to do for a WDW visit. I think you have to approach DLR differently. Since it's a big locals park, a lot of great food items aren't limited to TS meals, which locals are less likely to indulge in. Some of my favorites are Mickey macarons (the raspberry is THE best) and Matterhorn macaroons from Jolly Holiday, a chimichanga, a corn dog from the Little Red Wagon, a apple slushy (available in multiple places), churros, Mickey head sourdough bread, and that's just a start.

I agree - we have several snack/CS/TS things we like, and I think it's part of the experience. If I had to put it all towards one or two TS meals, I'd be disappointed. I love the grazing that DLR allows! And every year I seem to hear about something new that gets added to the list - Apple slushies? Please, go on... :bitelip:

What we like doing is having an early dinner at carnation cafe and then going to the WOC dessert party.
Our children are a little older than yours but we loved the atmosphere at carnation cafe.
We have been to BB some of the family weren't thrilled with their meal and I hate eating in what I call half light.
Loved the WOC dessert party siting there drinking a cocktail and the children being able to have there own special drink watching the show while seated felt very special.
I have done the fireworks dessert party in magic kingdom at WDW on the 30th dec the trial one for Nye but I felt more special at WOC both times I have done it.

BB for Disneyland for sure
DCA; i know most like Carthay Circle, but i didnt enjoy the food there at all.. I would prefer WTC, amazing food and drinks.

And every year I seem to hear about something new that gets added to the list - Apple slushies? Please, go on... :bitelip:

It's called by different names depending on where you get it, but it's just apple juice in slushie form, and I love it. :) So simple but so great on a warm day. I don't care for the other slushie flavors because they are fake and sugar added, but the apple one is just 100% Minute Maid Apple Juice.

In Toontown, you can get them at the cart by Goofy's house.
The Eidelweiss cart near the Matterhorn has them.
Maurice's has them, but I hate the foam and get it without if I get it there, but I think it's pricier because of the foam if I recall correctly.
The Cozy Cone has them as "Red's Apple Freeze" but again with foam and same on price.
In Bug's Land, you can get the at the cart near Heimlich's train.

There might be other areas, but those are the ones that come to mind.

We have always enjoyed the food at Blue Bayou and go there every visit. I don't know why it gets such a bad rap from some people. You can't beat the ambiance.
Carnation Cafe has great food. We enjoy their breakfasts and their lunch/dinner. And its always a treat when Oscar comes out from the kitchen to talk with people.
DCA, I'd have to say WCT. Ate there for the first time last visit and LOVED it. Sat on the side overlooking the walkway and was a great people watching spot. Food was great too.
Cove Bar and Flo's are good. Both have great views; Cove of Paradise Pier and Flo's Radiator Springs.
Probably bad timing, but service and food were disappointing at Carthay.

With kids, Cafe Orleans in DL and WCT in DCA. But we also prefer to cart-hop for food, always hitting the corn dog cart in DL and Cozy Cone in DCA.

It's called by different names depending on where you get it, but it's just apple juice in slushie form, and I love it. :) So simple but so great on a warm day. I don't care for the other slushie flavors because they are fake and sugar added, but the apple one is just 100% Minute Maid Apple Juice.

In Toontown, you can get them at the cart by Goofy's house.
The Eidelweiss cart near the Matterhorn has them.
Maurice's has them, but I hate the foam and get it without if I get it there, but I think it's pricier because of the foam if I recall correctly.
The Cozy Cone has them as "Red's Apple Freeze" but again with foam and same on price.
In Bug's Land, you can get the at the cart near Heimlich's train.

There might be other areas, but those are the ones that come to mind.

I am also not a fan of sugar slushies but love slushie juice, so I will be grabbing one of these for sure. Thanks for the tip - it's added to the list! :goodvibes

DCA - Carthay Circle, even if not linked to a WOC dining package. A great experience, and fun to be catered to.

DL - tough. Depends on experience. BB is ok if you want the F! package, but I love Cafe Orleans for lunch. Especially if you do rope drop at 8am and are one of the early diners at 11am. Carnation Cafe is another great lunch spot in DL, especially if you are trying one of Walt's favorites. If you order the fried pickles, I hope you have a friend. They are great, but a big order for one.

Whatever your decision - no regrets! Always visit the parks with the spirit of - I will be back. Save some for later!

I should have also said - the TS restaurants we like are Carnation Cafe in DL (DH would give a slight edge to Cafe Orleans). In DCA we overwhelmingly prefer the CS options: Cozy Cones (my ultimate favourite), Pacific Wharf Cafe soups in a bread bowl, and Cocina Cucamonga. For a DCA splurge, I would go for the WOC dessert party rather than a TS meal.

Thanks everyone. Lots of great options. We'll look at menus and see what the family decide. And then play it by ear..

For reservable blue bayou in Disneyland.

Or French market counter service.

I haven't had sit down in Dca. Trattoria is meh. I can't recommend.

We like award wieners. And Boardwalk pasta.

Blue Bayou at DL (get reservation for beginning of lunch or dinner seating and ask for waterside - little to no wait since you are first seating), Carthay Circle for DCA. We went to most TS places the year we had an AP and we still went to those two places more than anywhere else.

When is the first seating for dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter