Which type of 2 bedroom at Aulani is least popular?

tripletsmama

DIS Veteran
We are looking to go to Aulani for 10 nights in February. We will be trying to book a 2 bedroom at the 7 month mark. Can anyone weigh in on which room type/view I am most likely to be able to reserve? I would like to budget out my points accordingly! I realize it's all speculation, but I want to have some ideas in mind. :)

I think you'll be able to book whatever you want, so decide which view is worth the points to you and plan on that.

We stayed at Aulani this past February, and we booked at the 7 month mark and could have had anything we wanted. I don't think you'll have a problem.

That is wonderful news! Diane, could you share a bit about the weather? Was it a nice time of year to visit? I only got DH to fully commit to this trip last night and I am already ready to plan!!

That is wonderful news! Diane, could you share a bit about the weather? Was it a nice time of year to visit? I only got DH to fully commit to this trip last night and I am already ready to plan!!

Weather in Hawaii is pretty much the same year round. It will likey be in the 75-80 range, and that time of year there is less rain.

Weather in Hawaii is pretty much the same year round. It will likey be in the 75-80 range, and that time of year there is less rain.

Yes, the weather is nice all year round, but February is the coldest month and is one of the rainiest months. See this http://www.hawaiigaga.com/WeatherGuide.aspxlink and scroll down to see the temps and rainfalls in Ko Olina.

At Aulani, I would recommend the ocean or pool view rooms. The island views were kind of depressing - no vegetation except brown grass to be seen. We went in March.

Thanks for the replies. We are not tied to February, but basically wanted a low points/low season time of year. We are also gong to try for 4 nights at Grand Californian, and I know that's hard to snag certain times of the year. We are homeschooling next year, so school calendars aren't an issue. We have about 650 points to work with and just want nice weather at a beautiful resort and time with family! :)

Thanks for the replies. We are not tied to February, but basically wanted a low points/low season time of year. We are also gong to try for 4 nights at Grand Californian, and I know that's hard to snag certain times of the year. We are homeschooling next year, so school calendars aren't an issue. We have about 650 points to work with and just want nice weather at a beautiful resort and time with family! :)

We have been to Hawaii in January, February, March, April and May. The least rain we had was January and February, and the most rain we had was April and May. Rain in Hawaii isn't much of a problem anyway. Usually if trade winds are blowing, you might get rain for a little in the morning or again late in the day, but mostly it will be nice. Now if the trades aren't blowing and things are sitting stagnant, then you could have a rainy period, but we've only had that happen later in the spring.

dianeschlicht said:
We have been to Hawaii in January, February, March, April and May. The least rain we had was January and February, and the most rain we had was April and May. Rain in Hawaii isn't much of a problem anyway. Usually if trade winds are blowing, you might get rain for a little in the morning or again late in the day, but mostly it will be nice. Now if the trades aren't blowing and things are sitting stagnant, then you could have a rainy period, but we've only had that happen later in the spring.

Thank you! Were the pools at Aulani a good temperature in February?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter